What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zac Lomax

Dragon David

First Grade
I am confused, some say thats not hard but I was watching the TV & they showed the Dragons entering the field on their captains run & when Zac Lomax entered he pointed to the Dragons logo on his training shirt. WTF its reported he wants to leave and is unhappy but performs this jesture to the camera ??
Cause unfounded doom and gloom stories easily run rampant and we will never know the truth no matter what happens anyway.
Lomax is playing some bloody good footy is it because he wants out and is trying to impress other clubs?

Or is it because he's best suited to the wing?
BLM01 says on the Rumours thread -

"Spoke to Zac after the game and he is staying put. Yes Bmoz said the same thing., but if Zac is off side with other players especially our seniors ones including the captain it certainly did not look that way
Just my take from the outside looking in"

So I'm hoping that he stays as I am thinking that his heart is playing for the Dragons and the team rather than wanting to try and impress other clubs.

Both he and Bird had very good games against Manly and with each game that they play in the positions Flanno has put them in, they are looking much more comfortable.

sammymills

Juniors
I am confused, some say thats not hard but I was watching the TV & they showed the Dragons entering the field on their captains run & when Zac Lomax entered he pointed to the Dragons logo on his training shirt. WTF its reported he wants to leave and is unhappy but performs this jesture to the camera ??
Watch the end of that game. KF puts a shot on the manly player who drops it and game over. Lomax comes sprinting in and puts his arm around KF with the biggest grin on his face, he won’t let him go. He then turns to the crowd and claps. Maybe it was heat of the moment but if he had a deep rift w Shane Flanagan I don’t think he would be embracing his son like that.

steerlerbab

Juniors
Zac had a great game again. Well, except that conversion that went backwards. Even Hindy's conversion in that TV Ad looks far better. Anyway, this year is the best I have seen Zac play. He seems to be everywhere in our backline. Coming to the Middle, taking the ball up. At one point he even passed the ball to Rawa, the other winger. The same way that Turbo plays for Manly. I think Flanno has given him permission to move around in attack and be everywhere. So in attack, he is listed as a winger but he seems to play multiple roles. It is only in defense that he is a winger and has to cover his position. The way he is playing, I am sure he will be in State of Origin calculations.

So I am not sure why Media is pushing that line that Zac is not happy. There was an article in zerotackle "Cut the Cord..." by Dan Nichols. I am not sure how that Journo made those deductions. Hope he does not get paid for it as it was load of rubbish. He even tells Ben to find a new club. Vow! Ben is also playing some of his best footy this year for the club and he came with 3 try assists yesterday and he is leading the "Try assist" category so far.

Dragon David

First Grade
Zac had a great game again. Well, except that conversion that went backwards. Even Hindy's conversion in that TV Ad looks far better. Anyway, this year is the best I have seen Zac play. He seems to be everywhere in our backline. Coming to the Middle, taking the ball up. At one point he even passed the ball to Rawa, the other winger. The same way that Turbo plays for Manly. I think Flanno has given him permission to move around in attack and be everywhere. So in attack, he is listed as a winger but he seems to play multiple roles. It is only in defense that he is a winger and has to cover his position. The way he is playing, I am sure he will be in State of Origin calculations.

So I am not sure why Media is pushing that line that Zac is not happy. There was an article in zerotackle "Cut the Cord..." by Dan Nichols. I am not sure how that Journo made those deductions. Hope he does not get paid for it as it was load of rubbish. He even tells Ben to find a new club. Vow! Ben is also playing some of his best footy this year for the club and he came with 3 try assists yesterday and he is leading the "Try assist" category so far.
Yes, this media stuff is doing it's rounds with this club again and the more they rub it in the more the players will play their best. Lomax has been everywhere and he chases every kick that Hunt puts up; Bird is running hard with the ball and his defence has been good; Hunt is involved a lot more and doing his best, Kyle Flanno is the second voice on the field and making sure that we keep up with our defence.

I can't see any grumpy guys in our 17 so what is the media playing at?

mattchuot

Juniors
Not saying that this is hard evidence or anything like that but Lomax changed his Instagram profile picture back to him in a Dragons jersey and re-shared a post from the club yesterday. The last few weeks he hasn’t posted any related to the club, only stuff promoting his business and sponsorships. Perhaps, a sign that he has changed his tune.

maestro1

Bench

Dan Nichols follows the Sharkies ???
I don't think we should be taking his advice.

SEAT 1A

Bench
This whole Lomax situation is just odd.

Playing his best footy in his non preferred position and spoken about a rep jersey.

Club captain speaking openly about it, revving up the fans and his teammates who apparently his on the nose with.

It could end up he stays because clubs didn't want to move which if I was Lomax, I'd be royally pissed off and crickets from the NRL again.

After the result yesterday, I was going to say deal done. Lomax happy and club happy but after revving up the crowd who knows.

RedVee

First Grade
This whole Lomax situation is just odd.

Playing his best footy in his non preferred position and spoken about a rep jersey.

Club captain speaking openly about it, revving up the fans and his teammates who apparently his on the nose with.

It could end up he stays because clubs didn't want to move which if I was Lomax, I'd be royally pissed off and crickets from the NRL again.

After the result yesterday, I was going to say deal done. Lomax happy and club happy but after revving up the crowd who knows.
I took the revving the crowd as being good. They were cheering the win and he was asking for more.
that’s what I thought from tv.

TruSaint

Referee
Apparently he has asked for a release 6 times since Flanno arrived

Thanks mate.

From this link..

Lomax's unhappiness at the positional switch brought about reports the club would discuss his future after round four.

Flanagan confirmed talks will commence this week after the Dragons' shock win over Manly on Saturday evening in front of a packed WIN Stadium.

"We kicked it down the road because we didn't want it to disrupt our season ... we'll talk about it this week, but as I said I will be doing the best thing for the club, and the best thing for the club for me is Zac Lomax in the team," he said.

"He's one of our top three or four players in our salary cap and performance.

"If I'm going to swap him, I'm going to want something very, very, very good, so I don't think it's going to happen."

maestro1

Bench
Very unlikely another club will meet Flanno's demands. And you can bet, Flanno will ask for something way over what another club will be willing to give. So as Grant Denyer says " deal or no deal" .....NO DEAL

justadragon

Bench
I'm sort of over this crap, I was at the game yesterday and saw nothing that would indicate Lomax is either leaving or unhappy. I would rather that Lomax just comes out and says whatever it is and let it be. As for talks after round 4, well i hadnt been too impressed by Bird the last few weeks but yesterday he had a good game. My gut feeling is he hasnt really been put to the sword by another centre, so he probably stays in that position until failure or injury. But for sure someone has to put this whole situation to bed, its getting f%$king ridiculous now.

jeffdragon

Bench
I'm sort of over this crap, I was at the game yesterday and saw nothing that would indicate Lomax is either leaving or unhappy. I would rather that Lomax just comes out and says whatever it is and let it be. As for talks after round 4, well i hadnt been too impressed by Bird the last few weeks but yesterday he had a good game. My gut feeling is he hasnt really been put to the sword by another centre, so he probably stays in that position until failure or injury. But for sure someone has to put this whole situation to bed, its getting f%$king ridiculous now.
We are reportedly after Turuva from Pennies.
Nothing will happen this year.i think.

Illusion

Bench
The problem is our Sook of a captain came out and publicly broadcasted it ....... Not sure what all that was about ........

TruSaint

Referee

Flanno is saying all the right things, given the circus.

I am with you though. This arbitrary deadline of round 4 and any such version is madness. As with our Captain, I want clarity.

Flanno ( im guessing ) knows who wants out and what it will take to patch those potholes.

steerlerbab

Juniors
"Zac is in the top couple of players both in our salary cap and in our performance. If I'm going to swap him, I'm going to want someone very, very, very good so I don't think it's going to happen," Flanagan said on Lomax's future.

That puts it to rest for 2024. Here is the full article.

It may happen in 2025, but if we get somebody at the same level.

TheRev

First Grade
There would be a limited pool of clubs that could promise Zac a starting right centre position.. who also have a suitable player or player(s) who would be willing to break their contracts and move.

It is possible that at some point Zac starts kicking stones.. but we can deal with that later, and he wont do himself any favours if hes struggling in reserve grade.

I was thinking that KFlan is a better goalkicker than Lomax also.. but I think Zac needs to feel useful and he wouldnt take it well to lose the gig..... and it gives KFlan 1 less thing to worry about while he worries about leading the team around. KFlan down the track might end up a 9/14 anyway.. and not always on the field.. so another goalkicker would be useful to find if Lomax moves on.

hewi

Bench
registered-breach-pixel

NRL 2024: Coach Brad Arthur reveals Parramatta’s pursuit of Dragons star Zac Lomax is at a stand still as crunch talks loom​

Zac Lomax wants out of St George Illawarra because the Dragons star doesn’t believe he is a winger. But his numbers are telling a different story. It comes as Parramatta coach Brad Arthur gives an update on the Eels’ pursuit of the star.
Fatima Kdouh Fatima Kdouh

@FatimaKdouh_

3 min read
April 1, 2024 - 6:00AM
News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom
https://archive.md/tHRyh/again?url=.../4d05f049fe2209d8a009e988981318d7#share-tools
4fc48f59394319fc226d36eb03204a4581055741.jpg

Play
Mute

Loaded: 0%

Current Time 0:00
/
Duration 0:00
Fullscreen

NRL: The Dragons thrilled fans at Wollongong, defeating Manly by 8 points on New South Wales' south coast on Easter Saturday.
Parramatta coach Brad Arthur has revealed the club’s interest in Zac Lomax is at a “stand still”, as Shane Flanagan declares he will only entertain a player swap if it’s for a “top three” player from a rival roster.
It comes as Lomax is preparing to ask for an immediate release again this week.
The Dragons coach conceded another release request ‘would not surprise him” but Flanagan is adamant he will play hard ball on the issue and not likely to let Lomax walk away in 2024.
“It wouldn’t surprise me to be honest,” Flanagan said on Triple M.
“What do I want for it? I want something very very good for it, if I’m going to swap him or let him out of his contract. It’ll be the top two or three players at any club because that’s where he is at our club. I’m making sure I play hard ball on this one, the club has got to come out of it as a positive.”
The Eels are viewed as the front runner to land the 24-year-old, who is seeking a release from a $800,000 per-season deal which runs until the end of 2026.
Shane Flanagan says it’ll take a “top two or three” player for a Lomax swap deal to take place. Picture: NRL Photos

Shane Flanagan says it’ll take a “top two or three” player for a Lomax swap deal to take place. Picture: NRL Photos
The Eels, who are looking to add strike to outside back stocks, have been unable to progress the club’s interest in Lomax as a result of the stalemate between the two parties.
“The club went through the front door, we’ve had conversations with the Dragons and it’s at a stand still, and we’ll leave it at that,” Arthur said on Sunday.
A player swap for Blaize Talagi, who will wear the No. 6 jumper against the Wests Tigers on Monday, has been floated as an idea.
But the Eels are unlikely to entertain a player swap for a local junior with the pedigree of Talagi.

Eels coach Brad Arthur confirmed the club’s interest in Zac Lomax. (Photo by Brendon Thorne/Getty Images)
St George Illawarra coach Shane Flanagan is in the midst of a roster rebuild and is looking to shore up forward stocks. The possibility of a player swap with an Eels forward for Lomax has been mentioned.
The first signs of trouble for the Dragons appeared after Flanagan decided to shift Lomax onto the right wing from his usual position in the centres.
Word quickly spread that Lomax was unhappy with the coach’s decision. But Lomax’s discontent is not showing on the field.
“All I know is, he’ll be there this year and if a player is disgruntled, you wouldn’t see it, the way he is around the club and the way he is playing at the moment,” Flanagan said.
“I’m not sure about the immediate swap deal, it’s a bit of a disruption.”
Lomax has not only passed the eye test as a winger, his numbers from the opening month of the season show he is thriving in the new position.
Zac Lomax has been in great form. (Photo by Mark Metcalfe/Getty Images)

Zac Lomax has been in great form. (Photo by Mark Metcalfe/Getty Images)
After four games, Lomax is leading the competition for total runs, in any position, with 88 so far, ahead of Penrith fullback Dylan Edwards (81) and Panthers winger Brian To’o (77).
Lomax is also third, behind Edwards (854m) and To’o (772m) for total run metres with 683 run metres.
In the wingers stakes, Lomax is second for tackle busts (21), behind To’o (31).
It’s the kind of effort sure to silence critics who have questioned Lomax’s work rate but also his hefty price tag. But also serves as proof that Lomax’s best position is on the wing rather than at centre or fullback.
While some pundits have suggested Lomax’s surge in form is an audition for future potential suitors, right now, it’s the Dragons and Flanagan that are reaping the benefits.
Already, Lomax’s form has captured the attention of new NSW Blues coach Michael Maguire.

“He’s definitely the type of player that I reckon ‘Madge’ would like,” Dragons skipper Ben Hunt said earlier this month.
“Madge is really well known for his hard work and (liking) players that always give 100 per cent effort, and that’s what Zac is.
“It’d be silly if Madge wasn’t looking at him

Latest posts