What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zac Lomax

VodkaSaint

Juniors
Congratulations Zac on choosing to leave us for another underachieving shite club, under Brad Arthur - who couldn't coach a choko vine over a fence - where you'll still most likely be playing on the wing and not kicking because they already have Moses & Gutho. Just so you can box?!
You are one dumb piece of $hit. Please come to the stage to accept your NRL Darwin Award.
Exceptional Rant, Love it

I have very high respect for Gutho; puts in 110% all the time.
but do you remember or have you seen a previous poster's comments regarding all the fullbacks defensive records?
and where gutherson rates defensively?
have a look at it, and tell me what you think now!
I still think Gutherson is a great defensive fullback. You have to watch him play. The stats are misleading.

Crush

Coach
Congratulations Zac on choosing to leave us for another underachieving shite club, under Brad Arthur - who couldn't coach a choko vine over a fence - where you'll still most likely be playing on the wing and not kicking because they already have Moses & Gutho. Just so you can box?!
You are one dumb piece of $hit. Please come to the stage to accept your NRL Darwin Award.
Quality post mate, love your work there.

Illusion

Bench
..and little pink piglets fly.

Hope it is a big improve as Zac deserves it after being starved of possession for so long from inept play making by Hunt.
So our best Center , our best winger , our best fullback is leaving ........ Work that one out ..........

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
Many posters don't seem to understand the fact that Lomax DOESN'T WANT TO BE THERE! He has requested a release 6 times recently. Flanno tried to change his desire to leave but was unable to do so. As Flanno said, he needs players that want to be there and play for the club. Mind you, I think they need to have a bit of talent as well.

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
Our best trainer and standard setter.

For all the talk about making the team fitter! Flanno lets our fittest player go.
Zac may be the fittest player, but lacks a lot of skills like passing, classic example on the weekend made a break down the sideline and attempted to pass to Jack Bird back in the inside, besides throwing a forward pass, he had opposition players between him and Bird and still threw a shit pass instead of taking the tackle and having another 2 or 3 tackles.
Watched Jack Bostock, think was the 1st try, made the break down the sideline and threw a inside pass to his support who went over, sure there was no opposition between him and his support, but so much natural compared to Zac trying to pass..

Sloan is the best he’s gonna be. Needs to go , he is not our standard . Shame coz he’s a great young bloke just not a NRL quality footballer
I’m aware of his shortcomings, but he’s got a bit of the edge in him.

He’s still very young, so time to develop in many ways.

Add the Flanno man management and there’s potential.

And as you say, at least hes not as entitled as some, I know that doesn’t make a marquee, but if he’s on board, that’s a head start considering the entitled pratts infecting the club.

Give him until round 16 and see what he’s up to. You could be right, but I like the kid.

Zac may be the fittest player, but lacks a lot of skills like passing, classic example on the weekend made a break down the sideline and attempted to pass to Jack Bird back in the inside, besides throwing a forward pass, he had opposition players between him and Bird and still threw a shit pass instead of taking the tackle and having another 2 or 3 tackles.
Watched Jack Bostock, think was the 1st try, made the break down the sideline and threw a inside pass to his support who went over, sure there was no opposition between him and his support, but so much natural compared to Zac trying to pass..
Well, Bostock is another one we let go!

Dragon David

First Grade
Give me Matthew Timoko from the Raiders over Lomax as a centre. He is one tough kid and hard to stop. Scored two tries tonight against a woeful Parra Eels side. Why would Lomax want to join that club? Brad Arthur is a loser who has had good players over many years but still cannot win a premiership and still won't.

Lindsay Moss

Juniors
Sloan is the best he’s gonna be. Needs to go , he is not our standard . Shame coz he’s a great young bloke just not a NRL quality footballer
Sloan is still quite young i remember edwards from penrith had his issues when sloans age but time and experience has made him a very reliable fullback IMO he is the best we have give him the time he needs.

BLM01

First Grade
Many posters don't seem to understand the fact that Lomax DOESN'T WANT TO BE THERE! He has requested a release 6 times recently. Flanno tried to change his desire to leave but was unable to do so. As Flanno said, he needs players that want to be there and play for the club. Mind you, I think they need to have a bit of talent as well.
Zac talk is derailing not only ours but Parra's season too. Just hurry up and announce he has signed for $650K for 4 seasons.

Flanno was beyond furious again in that presser.

Now Brad has only got this season and next season to make some kind of impact to press his claims for an extension.

He would have been telling all and sundry that next year is the year and he’s had a good spell, but the alarm bells seem to be ringing now.

So maximum pressure to get Lomax signed asap, especially as a swap will only cost the eels half his salary.

Im sure he’d have a selection of players to hand over to Flanno.

Penisi, RCG, Hoppers maybe.

Flanno would have to come up with a reason why he’s shifted from demanding Uber marquee to release one of your better players.

If the season slips away, the question is to keep the same formula or make changes.

By the sounds of it, Flanno wants to replace the whole side. He wont.

I think I gave the performance in the wet more time than Flanno did.

Pressure is on for Brad. Another couple of slaughters, he may not make next year. He’s very soft compared to Flanno.

Another day, more intrigue at SGI!

Last edited:

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
Look mate if Billy Slater, arguably the greatest fullback ever (never got to watch Changa play) backs him, then there's surely something there. Also add in the fact that Uncle Wayne wanted him as well... there's definitely a great footballer there.

He's only 21 and been dicked around by a fossil for the last 2 years. If anything I remember him actually playing just as well if not better in 2021 when he first came into grade and he's got a lot of catching up to do in terms of getting his development on track, but if 6 tries in 5 games as well as the linebreaks and clear footballing ability doesn't stand out to you... then yeah idk what to tell ya