What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zac Lomax

AyiosYiorgos

Coach

Gardenia

Juniors
Perhaps I was not looking for him. Nothing from his new coach about Zac and nothing from Zac either about Flanagan. We need to know why this guy has been forced out of the club he clearly loves.
Yes very strange that Flanagan didn't say anything for him on this occasion. I am wondering the same thing.

since77

Juniors
Perhaps I was not looking for him. Nothing from his new coach about Zac and nothing from Zac either about Flanagan. We need to know why this guy has been forced out of the club he clearly loves.
Nonsense. Lomax has asked for a release 6 times dating back to playing under Griffin. No one has been forced out.
Flanagan is on record saying he tried to convince Lomax to stay but doesn't want to keep a player that "didn't want to be here".

It was a bit of an empty celebration, a bit like a shotgun wedding.

He said how much he loved the boys and playing footy with them.

He said he’d do anything for them.

Cosy and cute, but let’s face it, complete and utter nonsense.

By all means celebrate, but spare the rank and file indignation and pain by publicising such wanton theatre.

Wolfgang90

Juniors

By all means celebrate, but spare the rank and file indignation and pain by publicising such wanton theatre.

What a load of crap. Zac puts in effort for his team mates & the club, it's a shame it hasn't worked out but it isn't a lack of effort from his part. Until Flanno arrived (early days) but the club has been a cesspool on & off the field.

BLM01

First Grade
It is his 100th game at our club, what does it have to do with Flanagan for peats sake, it is about Zac celebrating with his family that help[ed him get to where he is. Give it a rest.
But no coach and Zac are not best mates so what after some heated discussions about putting club first and where Zac was at in terms of his career.
He wants to start afresh somewhere else, its easier to walk away than dig your heels in.
It is our coach now that has unlocked him to play like he is and have the team performing to allow him to play that way.
Bennett fell out with the King and Hodges and others. He let Josh Morris walk.
Bellamy and Olam who has played all his games at the Storm. It happens when players get told some home truths. Fall outs happen it is no big issue. That is the game these days.

BLM01

First Grade

What would you know about Zac Lomax and what the club and his team mates mean to him?

BLM01

First Grade
Yes very strange that Flanagan didn't say anything for him on this occasion. I am wondering the same thing.
You did not see the whole presentation and in addition those that were concerned they did not see him shake his hand the coaching staff and CEO were congratulating his family first while he went to his team mates
Lets stop making out or looking for things are bigger than what they are.
The club and players seem all in a good space ATM, well as long as they continue to win on Thursday

Last edited:
What would you know about Zac Lomax and what the club and his team mates mean to him?
The club and his team mates mean so much to him that he’s signed for another club for 4 years for unders.

He’s basically walked out on them to pursue own interests.

That’s a matter for him,fine, but that’s the truth of it.

I know that much.

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
Going to the Eels just like that without his manager trying at least to get a stronger club and at more dosh and then going back to the Eels to see if he can get the same as offered by any other club. I mean, his payments drop about $200K per year from 2025. His manager must be shit because his commission pay check drops a fair bit as well. Why have they agreed and why Parramatta?

We don't know the real reason why he wants out of the Dragons and we don't know the real reason why he is joining the Eels. Nobody wants to say nuffin'.

I just think it’s a bit off publicising a celebration under these tenuous circumstances.

Im fine he had one for his family’s etc sake but from an SGI perspective, I don’t think filming it helps copes with his loss or the way it’s played out.

Dribble&Yarn

Juniors
Going to the Eels just like that without his manager trying at least to get a stronger club and at more dosh and then going back to the Eels to see if he can get the same as offered by any other club. I mean, his payments drop about $200K per year from 2025. His manager must be shit because his commission pay check drops a fair bit as well. Why have they agreed and why Parramatta?

We don't know the real reason why he wants out of the Dragons and we don't know the real reason why he is joining the Eels. Nobody wants to say nuffin'.
this is a big part of why I think he will be FB at Parra come 2025. Guthos legs are shot, get him at centre (will help their defence too). I can totally see signing unders at a new club to play FB imo.

He could have stayed, it is obvious that Flano can get thim to perform and that Zac can peform for flano.
Speculation. My take is Lomax said in his head ''stuff you coach, if you want me on the wing then I am going to go on a ball scouting mission''. And that is what he is doing , now spends more time around the ball than on the flank. But Zac is a astute footy player and knows the correct time to be on his wing to score those incredible tries.

Latest posts