What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zac Lomax

''I try to pride myself on being a football player and I love my teammates and I love being able to play wherever that is for the team … they’re the best bunch of boys to play with.” (Zac Lomax)

Does this sound like a bloke who wants out of our club willingly. No it does not. C'mon BOD, is time to come clean with your disgruntled fans. Also keep us in touch with the negotiations for JDB and Jayden S'ua.

Reddragon

Bench
''I try to pride myself on being a football player and I love my teammates and I love being able to play wherever that is for the team … they’re the best bunch of boys to play with.” (Zac Lomax)

Does this sound like a bloke who wants out of our club willingly. No it does not. C'mon BOD, is time to come clean with your disgruntled fans. Also keep us in touch with the negotiations for JDB and Jayden S'ua.
Sounds like Lomax’s agent wrote that script for him.

since77

Juniors

That's called PR and looking like the good guy on camera. Lol at you for falling for it.
The guy has asked for a release 6 times over the years.
The problem is 100% with him, at least on this occasion. Flanno is right. Zac is an elite winger but only a good centre.
Go back and read that sentence you quoted- - - if it were actually true he wouldn't be leaving.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I have heard from a pretty credible source that Zac and Ben get on well and there is no bad blood. One of the first question I asked and he said no way, Ben and Zac get on really well and Zac always speaks highly of him. Zac loves the players and they love him. You can see it in the team song when they show clips on FB and Insta. He wants out because of the Management of the club. He has wanted out since last year. Someone in management has really pi$$ed him off big time unfortunately.

I look at it that Hunt may be having a dig at the Eels with his comment about Zac to the wing. Maybe he was promised a position outside wing at Parra to tempt him to leave and with Penesis, Talagi and Gutho playing the spots Lomax may be after he may end up at the wing.

Mojo

Bench

I think it's clear Zac likes his teammates but has other issues or reasons for making a move. Such is life.

Illusion

Bench
I feel the Hunt has something to do with this Lomax Shit
Mate said the same elsewhere this is just my thoughts , I think this stems back before Flanno ...... I believe the problem is between Lomax and Hunt , do you remember back when Lomax was on one of the footy shows and he was paying out Hook ? Hunt having his love affair with Hook probably they had words about it ( Hunt and Lomax ) and it is still continuing now ........ Just my opinion .........

steerlerbab

Juniors
I have heard from a pretty credible source that Zac and Ben get on well and there is no bad blood. One of the first question I asked and he said no way, Ben and Zac get on really well and Zac always speaks highly of him. Zac loves the players and they love him. You can see it in the team song when they show clips on FB and Insta. He wants out because of the Management of the club. He has wanted out since last year. Someone in management has really pi$$ed him off big time unfortunately.

I look at it that Hunt may be having a dig at the Eels with his comment about Zac to the wing. Maybe he was promised a position outside wing at Parra to tempt him to leave and with Penesis, Talagi and Gutho playing the spots Lomax may be after he may end up at the wing.
If there is an issue with Lomax it is not showing in the field. Most Hunt bombs and grubbers are aimed at Lomax position. About maybe 10% goes to Flanno junior who aims at Rava and Suli. Whenever he scores the team joins him and celebrate. So I do not think there is a friction between him and the team. I do not think there is a problem with Flanno senior either.

Regarding the challenge, it is the captain decision. He may want to keep the challenge to the end of the game when it might be needed.

TheRev

First Grade
Shame Zac cant look past whatever happened last year, especially now hes likely to end up a winger at parra anyway..

Watching the replay of the captains challenge on the matty johns show.. it did carry on for a surprisingly long time.. particularly when its such a black & white rule..... but I think thats just the hyper-competitive guy Zac is.. hes tightly wound.. but thankfully hes not our captain, cause he obviously has a hard time seeing the big picture in the heat of battle.

Scanlans 1968 had them as “The Saints”
View attachment 87922
Brings a lump to the throat this kind of stuff.

Fifita is another mathematically challenged kiddult.

Im thinking of a special NRL tax for players who want to break contracts to play for unders. Say 10% pa.

And with the proceeds, distribute it to struggling members of clubs, tickets for the disabled or their carers, stuff like that.

Punish these cretinous “ grass is greener” players by making them think of others.

Last edited:

steerlerbab

Juniors
Ivan Cleary got it right. Clubs that develop players should be compensated unless players contract is up or club let a player go. So we developed Zack since he was 14. He wants to leave before his contract is over, Parra wants him then we get some transfer fee. This is how European Soccer works and how smaller clubs make money and survive in European Soccer.

Fifita wants out before his contract is over. He was not developed by Titans but Roosters pay Titans because he leaves before his contract is up.

Otherwise wealthier in the guise of winning premiership will agitate players to leave

I’m not sure the Panthers should be compensated per se because they get the pick of the litter.

Plus they seem to be doing Ok with the existing rules.

We’ve got a big catchment but have only just started pouring resources and taking an interest into the South West appropriately.

The roosters manage good results with good management and I think that’s the key. They are like Singapore, small natural resources but the efficiency and quality of people make the difference

Clubs like ours would be better served with good decision makers and then the rest will follow, more frequently anyway.

The Panthers are a powerful and wealthy club, they are rolling in cash.

Last edited:

Latest posts