What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zac Lomax

Sage63

Juniors
That might have been harsh. I meant I think there was tension between them and I think Flanagan has seen this and has listened to Hunt more then Lomax possibly and things have not gone Lomax way. Its just you can see that Hunt does not have alot of time for him. I am not laying blame either way or the other, as who knows what the story is there behind it.
That is PURE speculation.
Cant understand why anyone would bring that up, unless, they’re in the know!!!

KingFlanno7

Juniors
That might have been harsh. I meant I think there was tension between them and I think Flanagan has seen this and has listened to Hunt more then Lomax possibly and things have not gone Lomax way. Its just you can see that Hunt does not have alot of time for him. I am not laying blame either way or the other, as who knows what the story is there behind it.
Ben hunt is our captain. Why would he listen to an immature ego driven player over the experienced veteran? You would be suprised to know many of the dragons players dont have much time for him. Forgive the premiership winning coach for not giving lomax a cuddle and begging him to stay, he will fit into parras culture of over inflated egos.

justadragon

Bench
Doing that interview has drawn more questions than answers and in some way look more stupid than he is. Whatever the reason, if he wanted it sorted out it could have been even, at the highest level. FFS he was under contract for another 2.5 years, was getting paid top coin and is now in the SOO frame with career best performances. Nightingale said it all , he doesn't listen to anyone.

Gardenia

Juniors

That is PURE speculation.
Cant understand why anyone would bring that up, unless, they’re in the know!!!
Can’t understand why someone would point out something is speculation on a post that states they are in fact speculating ie “I think” “possibly”

Strong reaction

while we have the situation where he is leaving for much less money to a team not even in the top eight which doesn’t add up, and Zac is saying he will tell the story next year etc, of course people will be curious

Last edited:

since77

Juniors
People don’t leave organisations, they leave bosses. He obviously has an issue with his coach or captain or both. That simple really.

Very simplistic view there......people leave both organisations and bosses. I've worked for great bosses but terrible organisations and vice versa. And left for both reasons.
He's asked to leave 6 times over multiple years. So if its the coach, it's multiple coaches.
If it was Griffin fair enough. If it's Flanno, then Lomax is an idiot.
He's on record in the past that he's been disappointed the club wouldn't let him box, although he did state that he understood their point of view on that.
I tend to think this all revolves around a mix of wanting to do other things outside of football and some issues around ego.
Whatever it is it's done now and remember - the club didn't have to let him go as both Webb & Flanno have alluded. They chose to allow him to go. Obviously after weighing everything up the club decided they could finish on the better side of the arrangement.

rasaint

Juniors
Just remember that Zac 1st hit NRL at end of 2017. Overall, an OK player who on occasion has made fabulous high level catches and some other classy plays; also a good goal kicker. Otherwise an unremarkable NRL standard player On very good coin reported as escalating to $850 approx next year.

My point is we are not losing Val Homes, Stephen Crichton etc. Zac can be replaced. However, we need to recruit a good goal kicker.

Gardenia

Juniors

Just remember that Zac 1st hit NRL at end of 2017. Overall, an OK player who on occasion has made fabulous high level catches and some other classy plays; also a good goal kicker. Otherwise an unremarkable NRL standard player On very good coin reported as escalating to $850 approx next year.

My point is we are not losing Val Homes, Stephen Crichton etc. Zac can be replaced. However, we need to recruit a good goal kicker.
Yes definitely need a goal kicker.

Last edited:

since77

Juniors

Hit NRL at end of 2017. Poor guy had to wait until 2024 before he finally had a coach who knew what he was doing and how to unlock his full potential. Perhaps similar to how Soward - a reserve grade player before he came to us and criminally poorly coached by Brown - had to wait until Bennett unlocked his full potential.
Calling the 2024 version of Lomax "an unremarkable NRL standard player" is ludicrous. It's just you being blinded by your long standing prejudice against him. He's been one of the form players of the competition this year - that's simply undeniable to any unbiased watcher.
By the way on 2024 form, you'd pick Zac over Val Holmes every day of the week - Holmes has been appalling all season.

Anyway, whats done is done, Flanno has made his call and I trust him on getting the $$$ vs return thing right with whoever replaces Lomax. And I want players who are on board with the plan Flanno has to restore us. That means I'm happy for Zac to be on his bike.
But geez, you've been bagging Zac for years and like I said in an earlier post on this forum, it really seems to physically hurt the perennial Zac bashers to admit he's playing fantastic football this year.

Latest posts