What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zulu's Tri-series schedule

zulu

Juniors
Hi folks, I believe this tri-series planned for next year is the best way to get international rugby league back on its feet. I reckon it should be played once every two seasons, with the series alternating between Aus/NZ and GB.

Next season I believe we could accomodate a 3 Test Trans Tasman series against the Kiwis into the tournament.

We'd play the first Test against the Kiwis a couple of weeks after Origin III at the SFS.

The next two Tests could be played after the G.F, but would also be seen as the AUSv NZ leg of the tri-series.

2 weeks after G.F, Aus v NZ at Suncorp Stadium or Telstra Dome
3 weeks after G.F NZ v Aus at North Harbour Stadium

Then it would be off to GB for the English leg of the series.

The opening game: (week 3 of tri series)
GB v NZ at JJB Stadium
GB v Aus at Hull (weeks 4)
GB v NZ at London Bronco's home ground (week 5)
GB v Aus at Bolton (week 6)

Final at Elland Road, Leeds (week7)

The week's Australia have off (while NZ play GB) they could maybe play Tests/games against Wales or France. NZ could do the same on their Tri Series' breaks.

We all come back in 2 years to do the same in Aus and NZ.

World Cup every four or five years and Ashes series whenever it suits.

zu.

zulu said:
We'd play the first Test against the Kiwis a couple of weeks after Origin III at the SFS.

[-X [-X no tests between aussie and the kiwis straight after Origin unless you want people from other codes to see scores like 48-6 again.

zulu

Juniors
Oh well punt that idea and just concentrate on the Tri Series. Maybe a Trans Tasman trophy could be awarded after the two Tri-series' Tests just after the G.F.

The Bledisloe is only 2 tests, so I guess the Trans Tasman can be as well. The Bledisloe is also incorporated into the Tri-nations.

We can do the same.

Bring on the Tri-series!!

Bengal

Juniors
southern warrior said:
zulu said:

[-X [-X no tests between aussie and the kiwis straight after Origin unless you want people from other codes to see scores like 48-6 again.

I think in the future the Tri-nations will be played on a home and away basis similar to the rah rah version. When this happens they’ll have to look at playing some games mid-season.
So I don’t see it as a bad idea to play Australia straight after a State of Origin series.

Just let the Poms warm up with a game against the Kiwis first, in the same week or on the same weekend as the Origin game.
This’ll iron out the bugs and have them well prepared for the following week's batlle against the Origin hardened Aussies.
A two week mid-season jaunt for the Poms, with the rest of the series carrying on at the end of the year as mentioned by Zulu

Stevo_G

Juniors
if they are going to play in london they have to play in a bigger stadium than griffin park it holds just under 13 thousand

why not play it at the valley or something

Mark Rudd

Juniors
I'm of the firm opinion that the Tri series should be played in England. Maybe even a game in Scotland and Ireland.

The game is behind Union over there. It needs a stronger presence. It doesnt need that here. A 3 series Test every so often can be played here but for the good of the game, help out over there.