What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Team 2014

Clifferd

Coach
Woods definitely needs to be in contention. Absolutely belted the crap out of the Manly forwards and was a real leader out there today I thought. Got a lot of aggression

timka4

Bench
Woods definitely needs to be in contention. Absolutely belted the crap out of the Manly forwards and was a real leader out there today I thought. Got a lot of aggression
He's been doing that for the past 2 years and his origin performances have been sub-par. I'm not throwing him out as I think he could be in the NSW team for a long time as I do rate him, but if he does get selected he needs to pick it up.

Sime_11

Juniors
Mansour is good but Morris is Quicker & better defensively IMO, Mansour tends to come infield too much and could be caught out i.e Merritt last year.

Woods showing origin form, good to see. Tamou hasnt showed much to retain his spot.

Mason as a bolter has to be considered. he looks good at the moment. Same as Mitch Aubusson, very underrated, unsure why he hasnt been considered (no im not a Roosters supporter)

current team for me would be as follows

Dugan
B Morris
J Morris
Jennings
Hayne
Carney
Mullen (if fit) Albert Kelly instead if Mullen not fit
Fifita
Farah
Mason
Bird
Watmough
Gallen

Bench:
Woods
Cordner
Merrin
Aubusson/Lewis/Josh Reynolds (Lewis if fit but doubt he will be)

Tayjack

Juniors
Mansour is good but Morris is Quicker & better defensively IMO, Mansour tends to come infield too much and could be caught out i.e Merritt last year.

Woods showing origin form, good to see. Tamou hasnt showed much to retain his spot.

Mason as a bolter has to be considered. he looks good at the moment. Same as Mitch Aubusson, very underrated, unsure why he hasnt been considered (no im not a Roosters supporter)

current team for me would be as follows

Dugan
B Morris
J Morris
Jennings
Hayne
Carney
Mullen (if fit) Albert Kelly instead if Mullen not fit
Fifita
Farah
Mason
Bird
Watmough
Gallen

Bench:
Woods
Cordner
Merrin
Aubusson/Lewis/Josh Reynolds (Lewis if fit but doubt he will be)

Lewis will be there 100%, he is held in high esteem by the coach, and rightly so, he will only need to have played 2 games and they will pick him, he's an origin player.

Tayjack

Juniors
1: Dugan
2: B Morris
3: M Jennings
4: J Hayne
5: A Uate
6: T Carney
7: M Pearce
8: A Woods
9: R Farah
10: A Fifita
11: A Watmough
12: G Bird
13: P Gallen

14: L Lewis
15: T Merrin
16: W Mason
17: A Kelly

Leaguelegend20

Juniors
1. J Dugan
2. B Morris
3. M Jennings
4. J Morris
5. J Hayne
6. T Carney
7. L Brooks
8. A Fifita
9. R Farah
10. A Woods
11. P Gallen
12. G Bird
13. G Stewart

14. A Watmough
15. W Mason
16. N Plum
17. L Lewis

Leaguelegend20

Juniors
Although Brooks may seem too young, we have no better options.

Pearce - NO
Maloney - NO
Holdsworth - NO
Mullen - NO
Campese - NO

perverse

Referee
Although Brooks may seem too young, we have no better options.

Pearce - NO
Maloney - NO
Holdsworth - NO
Mullen - NO
Campese - NO
You are dead set having a laugh. Brooks doesn't just seem too young, he is way too young. NSW would be geniused to follow your selections, and would ruin yet another young half for years to come.

... and why the f**k does Holdsworth even get a mention? The other 4 in that list have a lot more going for them than bloody Holdsworth... and you've left out Carney altogether.

betcats

Referee
Mansour would struggle in origin imo, would be a target defensively.

A halves Combo of Mullen/Carney would be my choice, Pearce and Maloney are shit, A Reynolds is average, brooks is to young.

Last edited:

Noname36

First Grade
Brooks? Hasn't he played like 5 games? Are people serious? Why would they want to do that to the poor kid.