What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings 2013/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patorick

Staff member
Peta Hiku put pen to paper on Anzac Day on a three-year deal to remain at Manly. After months of negotiation, Hiku committed to the club, despite a more lucrative offer to rejoin the Warriors.

The 21-year-old did a fine job filling in at fullback when Brett Stewart was injured and a contract was signed after the Sea Eagles showed there was a career progression for him when he was preferred to former international David Williams on the wing.

Hiku's signing is great news for the club after losing Glenn Stewart but don't expect them to trumpet it any time soon; they will let the dust settle on the Glenn Stewart saga before making an official announcement.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...-way-back-onto-prime-time-20140426-zqzxj.html

betcats

Referee
Panther facebook saying we have signed Ben Murdoch Masila for the rest of the year and 2015, cant post the link at work sorry.

Panthers sign Murdoch-Masila
The Penrith Panthers have announced the signing of Wests Tigers forward Ben Murdoch-Masila for the rest of the 2014 and 2015 seasons, effective immediately.
The New Zealand born forward completed a scholarship with the Tigers at Queensland's Keebra Park High School, before joining the club’s NYC team.
He made his first grade debut in the 2010 semi-finals and was a regular first grader players in 2013 but has not played a top grade match in 2014.
The 23 year old was also named in Tonga’s World Cup side, and the Tonga Test side in 2013.
Panthers general manager of rugby league, Phil Moss, said Murdoch-Masila will be a great addition to the Panthers line up.
“Ben is a powerful, hard-running forward with a lot of experience behind him. He will add depth and size to our second-row and promises to showcase some exciting football with his aggressive attacking style,” Moss said.

http://www.nrl.com/panthers-sign-mur...4/default.aspx

Scotty03

Juniors
Good signing.

Runs hard, has a decent offload and good footwork for a big guy.
Only concern is Phil Moss stating he'll add depth and size to our 2nd row. Don't think we need another 2nd rower, we have bucket loads coming through.

Likely play in the front row I'm guessing (replacing TG.)

ACTPanthers

Bench
Good signing.

Runs hard, has a decent offload and good footwork for a big guy.
Only concern is Phil Moss stating he'll add depth and size to our 2nd row. Don't think we need another 2nd rower, we have bucket loads coming through.

Likely play in the front row I'm guessing (replacing TG.)

That threw me as well - Hopefully he will be at Prop as we need a solid runner with an offload

mxlegend99

Referee
Well when you look at the size of half of our second rowers, having a big fella in the second row wouldn't hurt us. We have Sika Manu, then the size drops off a bit to Elijah Taylor, followed by a bunch 90 odd kilo second rowers in Lewis Brown, Adam Docker, Matt Robinson, Tyrone Peachey and so on.

Josh Mansour is bigger and heavier then our average second rower. Runs harder and makes more metres then any of them aswell.

ACTPanthers

Bench
Well when you look at the size of half of our second rowers, having a big fella in the second row wouldn't hurt us. We have Sika Manu, then the size drops off a bit to Elijah Taylor, followed by a bunch 90 odd kilo second rowers in Lewis Brown, Adam Docker, Matt Robinson, Tyrone Peachey and so on.

Josh Mansour is bigger and heavier then our average second rower. Runs harder and makes more metres then any of them aswell.

The problem is though, once TG and (possibly) Sam Mckendry leave, we'll be extremely light in the Front Row as well - IMHO this is where we will better off playing BMM

ek999

First Grade
Either way Panthers will have a very light pack next year. Especially when compared to the likes of Souths and Bulldogs

maple_69

Bench
Robert Jennings also looks like being the bigger brother size wise.
Good signing by Penrith, whether we use him at prop or second row we could use his skill set. Any Tigers fans able to shed light on why he's on the outer at the Tigers? I've heard Tigers fans with wraps on him and from what I've seen he looks a great player.

Bench
Robert Jennings also looks like being the bigger brother size wise.
Good signing by Penrith, whether we use him at prop or second row we could use his skill set. Any Tigers fans able to shed light on why he's on the outer at the Tigers? I've heard Tigers fans with wraps on him and from what I've seen he looks a great player.

He looks amazing one week,then looks lazy the next,apparently trains ok so don't know what the issue is.

unbreaK

Juniors
Tasi Tasi was always the more promising of the two, he's looked pretty dangerous in the ISC this year, good pick-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts