What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Superthread LXVI: Honouring Whinging Dragons Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragon2010

First Grade
As they should. If they're dealing in facts, there's been no proof that God does not exist.

--------

Why am I awake at 7.30am?

Work gives me two days off and I'm squandering them being awake early!

I woke-up at 7:30am and today is my day off. Lazing at home. So relaxing. House all to my self.

RE: Religion/God. That's the funny thing about it, internet atheists (Those who act like they know shit) and need to act like everyone else are idiots, and they are divinely right.

Even our biology lecturer (Who is in no way religious, but believes in evolution) said that scientifically, we can state the evolution took place, but we can't disprove the existence of there possibly being "A power above us" as there's no evidence to suggest otherwise. But there's no evidence to prove it, either.

It just merely states; the earth is older than anticipated, we evolved from a common ancestor etc.

I have no doubt that religious figures have existed over time. Although, this forms part of history and not science.

Or otherwise.

Yes, it works both ways.

Scientifically, no. Archeologically - there was this guy called Jesus. The whole faith rests on His resurrection.

cod-jesus-meme-generator-damn-lag-took-3-days-to-respawn-7c8be7.jpg

Last edited:

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member

Dragon2010

First Grade
And faith is a very ephemeral thing. Science is very solidly based on facts of the observable world.

That's the thing. Even science is only a bunch of tentative ideas that are supported by a significant amount of evidence, even then, it can be wrong as new information comes to surface. Hence why scientists only "accept" hypothesis and ideas and never take them for 100% fact.

The whole inductive/deductive reasoning comes to surface as well.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
That's what I was saying. If evidence to the contrary emerges, science admits as much and integrates that evidence into the sphere of knowledge that humanity has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts