What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 Origin: Game 2

Gronk

Staff member
NSW coach Laurie Daley has called Canberra Raiders centre Jack Wighton into an extended NSW squad.

Wighton starred for Country Origin during this year’s City-Country fixture and Canberra skipper Terry Campese says the 21-year-old has a bright future as a potential NSW representative.

“He’s a great defender and a great ball runner, so if he did get selected there, he’d definitely do a good job for the Blues,” Campese tells Raiders media.

“His selection in the Blues squad is obviously an indication of how highly Jack is regarded as a representative prospect.”

Cronulla’s Wade Graham also joins Wighton in the squad. The NSWRL says there are no players in doubt at present and an 18th man will be named later in the week.
http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/wighton-into-blues/

Bigfella

Coach
Did anyone see Wighton's game on Mon night?

He must definitely be getting one of those same passes HJ is offering pou.

Mind you there's no doubt he will drop it on current form.

lingard

Coach
I'm fullback for the forum team. If we don't have any noted goalkickers then I may be able to cover with a bit of practice.

Does that mean I'll have to work out some plays with you? What about I get the ball from the half-back, I'll scurry through their big forwards and then side-step their inside-centre; then I'll kick an up-and-under, and you can come screaming through and score in the corner? I'll make you look good but I'll get the Dally M points.

lingard

Coach
State of Origin has become a joke. It is merely a series of exhibition games. Admittedly we get to see a (usually) very high level of football expertise displayed, but the games themselves are meaningless. Does anyone really care who wins?
And yet the NRL season is disrupted and virtually held to ransom. Key players get injured. Clubs lose their star players. And now it seems that players who won't even be taking the field will be ineligible to play for their clubs because their selection (or non-selection) for origin will not be known until the last minute. What a shame that the television revenue for these games is so high. What a pity that the NRL created this monster that they now can't get rid of.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
As long as Origin generates income the NRL will continue to put it first.

It wouldn't make so much money if no merkin cared, lingard.

Joely01

Bench
State of Origin has become a joke. It is merely a series of exhibition games. Admittedly we get to see a (usually) very high level of football expertise displayed, but the games themselves are meaningless. Does anyone really care who wins?
And yet the NRL season is disrupted and virtually held to ransom. Key players get injured. Clubs lose their star players. And now it seems that players who won't even be taking the field will be ineligible to play for their clubs because their selection (or non-selection) for origin will not be known until the last minute. What a shame that the television revenue for these games is so high. What a pity that the NRL created this monster that they now can't get rid of.

I actually think the passion for origin has really picked up over the last couple of years.
A lot more people are 'caring' about the result

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I stopped caring about ten years ago. If anything I used to go for Queensland. Now with their recent dominance I'm very keen to see the Blues win.