What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne named games best player

Joker's Wild

Coach
lol using NSW selection policy as a support for your opinion is not a smart move mate

How many games did Johns play at hooker or off the bench? Do you really think he is less of a player because of SOO selections

Turn it up

chrisD

Coach
Hayne's stats are consistently Slater and Stewart like on a per game basis every season, and that's with the spastic sides he's had to carry dropping his try assists over the line and providing him f**k all opportunities.

It's mainly morons who don't watch Parra (understandably, they've been shit to watch for half a decade basically) who say shit like Hayne is inconsistent or has only had a few great seasons.

Hutty1986

Immortal
first 7 of those were losing series, definite immortal. only just this year clinched the number 1 jersey. very immortal-like. was nsw best player in lots of games as a winger. says something about a real dearth of talent among this nsw generation.

:lol: Some of your best anti-NSW dribble here. The Origin series losses weren't down to him, he was one of the best players across both sides for the vast majority of the streak and he was the difference in this year's series.

Him yelling NEW SOUTH WALES at full-time to the rednecks at full-time in Game 1 this year is one of the greatest SOO moments.. though not as good as him going into the crowd at the end of game 2

forward pass

Coach

Crazy You tube highlights...Some players are flat out having 1 minute of highlights in a decade long career, video went forever. Utterly ridiculous class above ..if only he played around better teams during his career we would be talking immortal class nominee if he can cut up in sub par teams and stand out in rep.

Thanks for posting that mate. What a player. There will be plenty of QLD fans and supporters of other clubs that won't like or click that link at all, but they really should if they love league.
An Inglis montage would be worth looking at for a few minutes too.

The amazing thing about that montage is that I can think of a half dozen or so amazing tries he has scored that aren't even in that video. One against the bulldogs about 3 seasons ago as an example - and a couple of his origin tries.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Yet he is still an immortal and considered one of the best, if not THE best player to play the game

SOO is not the measure of a player.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
When Supercoach Ricky signs his 3 marquee players I want them to be Hayne** Shaun Johnson and Jesse Bromwich.

** Of course Supercoach will play him at 5/8 or wing.

isaiah

Bench
Yet he is still an immortal and considered one of the best, if not THE best player to play the game

SOO is not the measure of a player.
gotta love circular logic. we are in the nrl section, discussing how good hayne is, i said inglis and cam smith are a level above, immortal level. some dill said jarryd played 8 series of origin, i said 7 of them losing, and hayne couldn't even lock down the position, fullback, that showcases how good he is, then another dill adds johns name as playing out of position too, i say he also did lock down his best position, and you tell me origin is not the measure of a player. my original comment was about hayne mainly for parra because thats where he has played his best consistently until origin this year.

Charlie124

First Grade
Hayne's stats are consistently Slater and Stewart like on a per game basis every season, and that's with the spastic sides he's had to carry dropping his try assists over the line and providing him f**k all opportunities.

It's mainly morons who don't watch Parra (understandably, they've been shit to watch for half a decade basically) who say shit like Hayne is inconsistent or has only had a few great seasons.

Well Nathan Hindmarsh seems to agree with all of those people because every time anyone on the Matty Johns show says anything about something "freakish" Hayne did during a game he says the same thing.... "yeah but he's got to do that every week".
Everyone gushes over the fancy stuff and rightfully so, some of the plays he comes up with are worth the praise they get, but then he disappears for such long periods of time (sometimes games on end) before he does anything noteworthy and it stirs up everyones juices again.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Well Nathan Hindmarsh seems to agree with all of those people because every time anyone on the Matty Johns show says anything about something "freakish" Hayne did during a game he says the same thing.... "yeah but he's got to do that every week".
Everyone gushes over the fancy stuff and rightfully so, some of the plays he comes up with are worth the praise they get, but then he disappears for such long periods of time (sometimes games on end) before he does anything noteworthy and it stirs up everyones juices again.

How is he ment to do something freaky every week? He doesnt have a team around him good enough like 09..

aads

Juniors
f**k me once people get on a bandwagon it seems hard to get off

HAYYYYNNEE - Channel 9 have drank the Kool Aid on him haven't they?

Billythekid

First Grade

This is such a lot of bullsh*t. You're right that he doesn't constantly make the big plays that make commentators jizz in their pants. However most of the other things he does seem to go unnoticed.

Take tonights game. The commentators lost their shit over the try he set up and the one he scored. Otherwise they and most people would say he had a queit night. However if you look at the stats he still managed to get 200 plus metres.

I don't think he disappears at all, i think there are games where he doesn't come off with his incredible plays but that doesn't mean he goes missing. Most people just miss all the other great stuff he does. He gets a hell of a lot of try assists, LB assists, metres gained, offloads, try saving tackles and all sorts of other things besides the freakish tries he seems to score. Lets also not forget that he has to do a lot of the ball playing and general play kicking for his team.

He manages to achieve all that on a team of plodders as well. The problem for Hayne is people expect him to show the sort of form he showed in the back end of 2009 and the form he is in right now when there isn't a single other player in the comp capable of doing it. I don't think i've seen another player capable of playing at that level. It's a ridiculous expectation and one that is impossible to meet when your team is awful.

I still don't understand why Inglis doesn't cop this same critiscm. If anything it applies much more to him, he'll go missing for entire games (just look at origin this year) and if he scores one try people lose their sh*t. Not saying he's not a great player mind you i just don't see how this complaint applies to Hayne more than him.

If anything all this crap stems back to when Ricky was doing dumb stuff like putting Hayne at 5/8 and he really did disappear. Then again Ricky convinced the entire rugby league community that Farah was sh*t and should never play SOO. How far back did that set NSW back?

I'll take Inglis over Hayne every day of the week.

Really?!?!?!?!? Would never have guessed!

Glen

Bench
Oh dear. Hayne only scored one try and set up another in addition to his other brilliant stats. Must have 'gone missing' again since he didn't score another double and didn't have to run 60m around 5 players for his one try

natheel

Coach
This is such a lot of bullsh*t. You're right that he doesn't constantly make the big plays that make commentators jizz in their pants. However most of the other things he does seem to go unnoticed.

Take tonights game. The commentators lost their shit over the try he set up and the one he scored. Otherwise they and most people would say he had a queit night. However if you look at the stats he still managed to get 200 plus metres.

I don't think he disappears at all, i think there are games where he doesn't come off with his incredible plays but that doesn't mean he goes missing. Most people just miss all the other great stuff he does. He gets a hell of a lot of try assists, LB assists, metres gained, offloads, try saving tackles and all sorts of other things besides the freakish tries he seems to score. Lets also not forget that he has to do a lot of the ball playing and general play kicking for his team.

He manages to achieve all that on a team of plodders as well. The problem for Hayne is people expect him to show the sort of form he showed in the back end of 2009 and the form he is in right now when there isn't a single other player in the comp capable of doing it. I don't think i've seen another player capable of playing at that level. It's a ridiculous expectation and one that is impossible to meet when your team is awful.

I still don't understand why Inglis doesn't cop this same critiscm. If anything it applies much more to him, he'll go missing for entire games (just look at origin this year) and if he scores one try people lose their sh*t. Not saying he's not a great player mind you i just don't see how this complaint applies to Hayne more than him.

If anything all this crap stems back to when Ricky was doing dumb stuff like putting Hayne at 5/8 and he really did disappear. Then again Ricky convinced the entire rugby league community that Farah was sh*t and should never play SOO. How far back did that set NSW back?

Really?!?!?!?!? Would never have guessed!

Wow someone actually talked some sense! Hayne does so much work off the ball and those little extras that go unnoticed that he did in game 2 and 3 that apparently made him look quiet. Poor bloke shouldn't have had a break out year or else he wouldn't be so scrutinised

natheel

Coach
Oh dear. Hayne only scored one try and set up another in addition to his other brilliant stats. Must have 'gone missing' again since he didn't score another double and didn't have to run 60m around 5 players for his one try

yet still had plenty to do to score that one try. *sigh* but goes unnoticed