What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worst. Grand Final. Ever.

Danish

Referee
Beat thing about this grand final is that my tickets are worth an absolute bundle on eBay.

Bad thing is doggies fans keep messaging me with offers to buy them for "cash tonight"...

POPEYE

Coach
Top thread, will read later

v4OAJLy.jpg

Didn't Badger deserve that. Imagine how he'd go in the u/20's where he belongs with the Captain's Challenge

Meth

Staff member
I don't get the Souths hate on this forum. Would you really rather see Roosters, Manly or Melbourne in another GF?

Could largely be attributed to Bunniesman- that's pretty much the sole reason I'm cheering for the Dogs this weekend.

Meth

Staff member
BTW- I agree with the guy on here who said that 06-08 was the worst for Grand Finals- even though 06 was a pretty good game of footy. I definitely didn't expect these two teams to be playing this week

seanoff

Juniors
to paraphrase Roy & HG.

"the festival of the grub"

i wonder if any football will actually be played or whether it's just going to be wrestling and grubbing from go to whoa.

God-King Dean

Immortal
As for the game itself, I'm looking forward to the contest.

A lot of people bagged their last encounter, saying it's a wrestle-a-thon. Fair enough, I can see why people don't like that. But I really enjoyed, as I'm one of the few people who don't see 'wrestling' as some epidemic. It was decided in the last few minutes, & hopefully this one is the same.

Souths will win IMO. Better forwards, better backs.

Meth

Staff member
The only 7 placed team to make it under the current rules.

Well done Todd.

Can't stop a team who doesn't lose. Beat the Storm, the Sea Eagles and the Panthers. Hardly a cakewalk, whatever the circumstances.