What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 NRL Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

LineBall

Juniors
yes yes yes.

I'd never thought of blue before, but it makes sense. Most of the raiders' casual wear this year was blue, looked good.

Canberra-Raiders-2014-ISC-Ladies-Players-Polo-483x483.jpg

f**k No!. There are already too many teams with blue. The Raiders should be Lime Green Home and Away. FFS the only time they could possible clash would the with the Rabbitohs - then use the white jersey. The Lime Green should be iconic - if they would wear it all the time.

Saint Doc

Coach
f**k No!. There are already too many teams with blue. The Raiders should be Lime Green Home and Away. FFS the only time they could possible clash would the with the Rabbitohs - then use the white jersey. The Lime Green should be iconic - if they would wear it all the time.

Agree. But they unnecessarily wear white at all away games.
And it looks shite. If they insist on an away jersey, if prefer blue and lime than white

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Great that the Tigers are still attracting commercial interest despite the turmoil.

mt.wellington

Juniors
Seems a few 2015 jerseys are being released so thought it time for a dedicated thread.

Roosters members jersey first up (with new sleeve sponsor QBE).

15087274649_30ea3dcbea_d.jpg

Looks like its the Members jersey with all the small print on it.

Heres a pic from the Roosters site...

xBheSHU_zpsbac0cf6b.jpg

sheepbender

Juniors

ShaneO85

Juniors
Thought that logo looked familiar, and I was right.. Theyve taken it from a Canadian Ice Hockey team called the Manitoba Moose..

http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/list_by_team/506/Manitoba_Moose

hnvgfnlnyfhzdt0m0vx00ibgo.png

I hate it when teams cant source a graphic designer to get something original done, it screams laziness..

It screams we're an amateur, grass roots team/org with a very limited budget. Have a look at 90% of local junior and senior teams and they will likely have a slightly modified version of a major teams logo. Just about every Tiger team I have seen uses either the old balmain logo or the original wests tigers one. I've seen Penrith's mid 90's panther, Cronulla's early 00's Shark, Canberra's original Raider, East's old rooster and early 00's rooster, Huddersfield Giant's reused in WA, CB's Bulldog, plenty of teams re-appropriate top tier logos. It isn't lazy. It is the economics of a sport with minimal funding at the lowest/entry levels. If this was a Q-Cup or NSW Cup team, then you would have a valid reason to call them lazy.

sheepbender

Juniors
It screams we're an amateur, grass roots team/org with a very limited budget. Have a look at 90% of local junior and senior teams and they will likely have a slightly modified version of a major teams logo. Just about every Tiger team I have seen uses either the old balmain logo or the original wests tigers one. I've seen Penrith's mid 90's panther, Cronulla's early 00's Shark, Canberra's original Raider, East's old rooster and early 00's rooster, Huddersfield Giant's reused in WA, CB's Bulldog, plenty of teams re-appropriate top tier logos. It isn't lazy. It is the economics of a sport with minimal funding at the lowest/entry levels. If this was a Q-Cup or NSW Cup team, then you would have a valid reason to call them lazy.

I am aware grass roots/local teams do this, and I bloody hate that too.. Its just the easy way out, theres no reason clubs these days with social media, can source a local junior designer whos willing to do something on the cheap for exposure and for their portfolio. Surely a parent of a child or a player at the club may have the talent to knock something together..

So yea, I still think its laziness..

Saint Doc

Coach
I am aware grass roots/local teams do this, and I bloody hate that too.. Its just the easy way out, theres no reason clubs these days with social media, can source a local junior designer whos willing to do something on the cheap for exposure and for their portfolio. Surely a parent of a child or a player at the club may have the talent to knock something together..

So yea, I still think its laziness..

Newton_Jets_Logo.png

New_York_Jets_logo.svg

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
I liked it when I was a kid and all my local teams had the same jumpers and colours as the nswrl

They often mixed up the logos and mascots though to make it different

I played in the St George comp as a kid, and very few teams mirrored NSWRL sides at the time. In my time the only copies were Earlwood Saints (Dragons), Penshurst RSL (Kangaroos) and Kingsgrove Colts (Easts). The rest either had colour schemes the same but different designs (Hurstville Utd had the current Canterbury heritage jumper but with blue shorts), or different colours all together (Renown Utd were green + white, Brighton Seagulls were sky blue + red).

Always surprised me the Canterbury-Bankstown comp has a team called the St George Dragons that play in Easts colours. Are they named after the pub at Clemton Park?

Loose Cannon

Bench

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Tinkler ain't going to sponsor them

Surely NIB could up their level to jersey front

Or Newcastle perm greater bs. Etc

Some big Newcastle based companies about

Latest posts