What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels 9's squad

Bazal

Post Whore
Spot on.....they don't get it it's in the manner we lose, careful though some r very touchy on her if u give an opinion contrary to theirs, I think the bigger clubs will obliterate us.

*lose 9s semi, immediately slit wrists whilst proving to understand nothing about the 9s game*

Daneel

Bench
How catty are you.....I at no time did insult you, some pieces of "work" on here.

You attempted to but failed by trying to make out you were a more knowledgeable supporter because you thought you had supported them longer.

Mr Pmatta

Juniors
You attempted to but failed by trying to make out you were a more knowledgeable supporter because you thought you had supported them longer.

At no time did I imply I was more knowledgable at all....it was an off the cuff comment that when we lose we lose massively, I'm moving on , u do as u please no need for carry on on ur part, that's it for me... If u feel the need to continue conversation it will without me, all the best.

lingard

Coach
Your opinion and you are welcome to it.

I don't expect us to be top four but we will improve again on last year. I think we will be a stronger team with contributors across the park.

I agree with you - but I think we might be missing the attacking flair (not to mention the defensive flair) of Jarryd Hayne. So I think, on balance, we'll be just around the 8th position again. Just get in or just miss out.

hindy111

Post Whore
We are weaker as don't have Hayne. Moving hoppa out of centres doesn't weaken that area as he played injured there most the year and was a defensive liability.So Taka there makes us stronger.Same goes for a fit Champion over Tonga.At worse we are evens in the centres from what we had in return last year.

The question is how much does Hoppa improve and what job does he do at fullback. compared to Hayne. Of course wont be as good but will it be 50% of Hayne-60%?

Than wonder what watmough and wicks add. A fit Peats,Lussick and Mau. And Jnr Paulo, Tepai and Pauli with a bit of first grade under belt and a year to develop.
You can also argue Norman was injured for half the year and was his first year at 5/8... Plenty of reason to be optimistic.

lingard

Coach
I'm not sure what we can make of the performances in this format, but here's my take on it:

1. If we add Peats, Whatmough, DeGois and Hoppoate to that team, it suddenly looks a lot more presentable.
2.Chris Sandow does some marvellous things, but makes some real school-boy decisions at times. We either live with it or we don't.
3. Corey Norman seems to have bulked up a bit, seems faster and seems injury-free. That's a good thing. At his best, he's a very good player.
4. People might be right about Reece Robinson. He did look a bit tentative at times. I still think he's an out and out fullback, though, who seems a bit lost on the wing. When he was playing at the back - more where a fullback would play - he looked like he had some skills. Time will tell.
5. Radradra is developing into a top-class winger. He showed some real intelligence at times, and his defence has improved out of sight.
6. I still think we'll struggle with a lack of centres this year.
7. I really don't see Keiran Foran as the answer to any of our questions.

Oh, and don't forget; whatever we did in the nines we mostly did without a hooker. I don't think any other side would have gone into a nines game without a hooker. So, not a bad effort.

Damn Sandow. I saw him attempting to scone that guy as the turning point. Could have been an entirely different match had he not done that. And he f**ken missed!

Daneel

Bench
At no time did I imply I was more knowledgable at all....it was an off the cuff comment that when we lose we lose massively, I'm moving on , u do as u please no need for carry on on ur part, that's it for me... If u feel the need to continue conversation it will without me, all the best.

Was it an off the cuff comment when you said "how long have you supported them pal?" I think not I think it was you trying to make your opinion sound more superior and you failed. That will do me though I'm over your carry on feel free to continue the conversation without me. Hope that doesn't come off as to much of a whiny bitch.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
This conversation does not involve u merkin.
replying to the same post twice??? :lol: not even a 12 year old would do that.......

You abused me months ago for being a whinging negative merkin, painful I think was the word you used because I wasn't all that excited about the squad being put together and here you are a few months later having a brain aneurysm because we got pumped in a Mickey mouse game against the best team in the comp :lol: make up your bloody mind merkin.