What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Walking Dead

Eddie Lab

Juniors
finally watched this half season. it's alright but they are missing a big bad guy. someone to really hate. the cannibals were bad but it's not like they killed anyone important or were overly formidable. also they were basically all dead in the first episode.

Got the latest hardcover comic (ends at issue 120) with Christmas money. a big battle should be happening soon but it doesn't feel as meaningful as the assault on the prison.

picked up the telltale game during the Steam sale. good fun for $5 or whatever it was.

the book Road to Woodbury wasn't good at all. Lilly (main character) was weak, stupid and insufferable. do not read.

As most of you are probably already aware the creators of the show are working on a spin-off series.

I'm sure I'm not the only one to have mixed feelings about this. My initial feelings were that it would struggle to differentiate itself from the original show and be, pardon the pun, a little like flogging a dead horse.

Anyway, apparently a pilot script has been leaked on-line (AMC haven't verified that its real) and the reports of it sound promising.

Apparently, it will be a look back at the early days of the outbreak and feature all new characters based in Los Angeles. Apparently there won't be many zombies and a lot more "human drama" concentrating on a "dysfunctional family".

Personally, I'm not so jazzed about the idea of "Party of Five with Zombies" but otherwise quite excited about the idea of seeing the depiction of civilisation gradually collapsing under the impending apocalypse.

Seems like it could be a limited scope, though, as eventually it will get to the stage of the outbreak where Rick wakes up and suddenly you have two identical shows...

Anyway, read more about it here: http://www.vanityfair.com/vf-hollywood/2015/01/the-walking-dead-spin-off-script-leaked

As most of you are probably already aware the creators of the show are working on a spin-off series.

I'm sure I'm not the only one to have mixed feelings about this. My initial feelings were that it would struggle to differentiate itself from the original show and be, pardon the pun, a little like flogging a dead horse.

Anyway, apparently a pilot script has been leaked on-line (AMC haven't verified that its real) and the reports of it sound promising.

Apparently, it will be a look back at the early days of the outbreak and feature all new characters based in Los Angeles. Apparently there won't be many zombies and a lot more "human drama" concentrating on a "dysfunctional family".

Personally, I'm not so jazzed about the idea of "Party of Five with Zombies" but otherwise quite excited about the idea of seeing the depiction of civilisation gradually collapsing under the impending apocalypse.

Seems like it could be a limited scope, though, as eventually it will get to the stage of the outbreak where Rick wakes up and suddenly you have two identical shows...

Anyway, read more about it here: http://www.vanityfair.com/vf-hollywood/2015/01/the-walking-dead-spin-off-script-leaked
Would be worth a watch ,but like the majority of spin offs ,will prob die a quick death.

I think as was demonstrated in the floods of 2011 ,here in QLD ,the breakdown of civilisation will be much quicker than you think .

2 days without milk & bread & there were people brawling in supermarkets ,over goods .
IF there was none available for a week ,they would probably be smashing skulls & feasting on brains .

Seriously the " every man for themself" edict takes over very quickly .

Would be worth a watch ,but like the majority of spin offs ,will prob die a quick death.

Good point. Spin-offs have a similar success rate to sequels... It may also get caught up in the white noise of other Zombie programs. CW is making one as well that is in the same vein as Warm Bodies.

I think as was demonstrated in the floods of 2011 ,here in QLD ,the breakdown of civilisation will be much quicker than you think .

2 days without milk & bread & there were people brawling in supermarkets ,over goods .
IF there was none available for a week ,they would probably be smashing skulls & feasting on brains .

Seriously the " every man for themself" edict takes over very quickly .

The History Channel made a great documentary a couple of years ago reviewing elements of "Zombie lore" with experts on epidemiology (biting is a poor way to spread a virus), anatomy (how long would a rotting corpse retain its form?), sociology (how would we react?), etc. Mass panic is a crucial element in allowing the success of the Zombie apocalypse and I think the experts argued that both history and human psychology indicate we wouldn't panic as badly as we are portrayed doing in, say, World War Z.

Though they weren't factoring in the Queenslander element... :lol:

iZombie? Based on a graphic novel if memory serves

Yep, which ended a few years ago. However, aside from the basic premise (young woman zombie hiding her un-dead status from the world with a job that gives her access to brains that she needs to eat to stay lucid) the TV show has very little in common with the comic... in the comic she's a gravedigger who talks to ghosts and battles vampires and other zombies, while the TV show seems a lot lamer - she's a medical resident working for the coroner who uses her Zombie powers to solve crimes in her spare time... kind of a Zombie Nancy Drew... :sarcasm:

whall15

Coach
I agree wholeheartedly with uminapanther. This was not only The Walking Dead at its worst but perhaps plunging new depths of shit. I can't think of a worse episode of the show than that. The only enjoyable aspect was that Maggie was looking better than usual in the preview bit at the end.

Liddell

Juniors
Can't say I enjoyed this episode

Same.

The special effects were pretty good, but apart from that it was 40 odd minutes of nothing. To kill a character who'd been on the show for a fair while like that was just lazy.

They need another Gareth/Governor character badly.

T.S Quint

Coach
Even I found that episode to be a bit of a chore.
And I can usually find something in every episode to enjoy. Tyrese just took so long to fu*king die!

I was really hoping that the "Everybody Hates Chris" kid (Noah) was going to get it... He and Bob are in serious competition for the most pointless idiot of the series.

I thought the montages used throughout the episode were really intriguing. When they were showing images of Tyreese's funeral at the beginning I assumed they were showing them burying Beth. Added some real poignancy to the episode.

DB

First Grade
0zUPtwf.jpg

Latest posts