What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Foran overpriced?

Is Foran overpriced

• Yes

Votes: 16 41.0%
  • No

Votes: 23 59.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Foran aren't the most skillful player in the comp. But he appears to be the type of player that is tough, just knows how to win and for somewhere lessor players play better around him. He also appears to be a leader. It's just what how side needs.

lingard

Coach
Option 3, don't know, don't know how much he will be paid out of cap, don't know what he will produce on the field whoever he signs with, don't know what influence he will have on players around him

That's the real answer. Every player purchase is a gamble to some extent. And the higher the price, the bigger the gamble. We've seen lots of players over the years change clubs and not be as dominant as everyone thought they'd be. I've said before I'd be going after someone else if I were in charge at Parra. But, of course, Foran could be a fantastic buy and worth the money if he performs up to everyone's expectations. I hope he does. No one knows.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
By the end of his next contract he will be one of the 3 best players in the game, what should a top 3 nrl player earn? He's worth every penny imo

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
That's a fair point about his potential for improvement. He is only 26 next year. Physically at his peak but mentally and technically still with plenty of room for improvement.

emjaycee

Coach
That's a fair point about his potential for improvement. He is only 26 next year. Physically at his peak but mentally and technically still with plenty of room for improvement.

The guy's played over 140 FG games.
He should be at his peak mentally and technically by now.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
The best players in the game right now are all 3-4 years older than him, thurston cam smith inglis etc and they most likely won't be in 2-3 years, foran will

Last edited:

Gronk

Staff member
He takes the line on, has a good kicking game, can tackle and has a money ball.

Do you know how hard it is to find a kid like that /

#priceless

Delboy

First Grade
If we don't sign quality players the same people bitch and moan that we aren't doing enough to recruit them to the club. Foran is worth what ever he is being offered. Particularly given the cap increases. To wait for the academy players to mature and not sign someone like Foran if he is available based on that is even more ridiculous.[

This is the most sensible comment on this topic, agenda driven waste of a poll :crazy::crazy:

Tryhard

Juniors
Success also breeds loyalty, look at the eagles and storm. Guys like Manu, Gower, Edwards got their chances here first ao hopefully they'll stay for less while guys like lussick who are on fat pay checks wont. Parra juniors like pauli, paulo and tepai wilo also hopefully stick around for less

I think you are right, when you're young you want to play 1st grade, then you want to play beside great players who help to team go well but also bring your game/experience/skills forward and should lead to team success.Exactly how the Storm do it (to keep them) & Manly do it to attract cheap &/or unloved players. That is the best way to stop the leakage Parra is suffering from (& benifiting clubs like Manly).

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
We won't know if he's overpriced until after his contract. If he signs and we win 2 premierships in the 4 years he's here then I'd say he's certainly not overpriced, if he signs and we don't win any then you could argue he's overpriced. He has something all of our other halves don't have though, big game experience so there's a higher chance we'll win a comp with Foran than we will with Sandow.

Hodko and Reynolds would also not be half the price, they're SOO series winners, GF-experienced players. They'd be asking around $750-$850k. Yet they don't have the natural skills that Foran has. Foran has had to do all his work off terrible forwards, have you seen the Dog's pack?

Utey

Coach
Yep, let's wait and see whether he signs, whether he renegs before R13 before we look at this.

Latest posts