What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The gimp and the gang GAME OVER

DB

First Grade
Great game guys... I hate your games Drew, cause you actually have to try and work out who's who.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
I'd like to say that was a better constructed game than I had originally hoped. My write ups were perhaps a little too vague or wobbly, but then it did mean people analysed intent rather than character alignment. I prefer that. Here are all the roles:

You are Alexander Jenkins.

You are an odd night killer. You may only use your power if you voted and contributed one non-voting post during day.

You win when all threats to town are eliminated.

--

You are Ramon Gunayaskera.

You are an even night killer. You may only use your power if you voted and contributed one non-voting post during day.

--

You are Adelaide Smith.

You are a protector. Select one person to protect each night. You may only use your power if you voted and contributed one non-voting post during day.

--

You are Robyn Fields.

You are a protector. Select one person to protect each night. You may only use your power if you voted and contributed one non-voting post during day.

--

You are Fraser Gardner

--

You are Fred Brown

--

You are Gordon Black

--

You are Ciara MacDougall.

You are a PI. Select one person and you will discover their name. You may only use your power if you voted and contributed one non-voting post during day.

--

You are Ian Generous.

You are a perverted voyeur. Select one person each night and you will discover who targeted them. You may only use your power if you voted and contributed one non-voting post during day.

--

You are Kevin Bricks

You are a vigilante. Select one player each night to kill. You may only use your power if you voted and contributed one non-voting post during day.

--

You are Scott Anderson.

You are a gang leader. You may select one player to kill each odd night. You may only use your power if you voted and contributed one non-voting post during day.

You may also execute one player during the day. This will end day.

You are passively protected by Abbey Winters and Seth McPherson

You win if you can survive until the end of Day 8.

--

You are Abbey Winters.

You are a hussy and prostitute working for Scott Anderson. You may select one player to redirect with your wiles each night. You may only use your power if you voted and contributed one non-voting post during day.

You passively protect Scott Anderson.

You win if Scott Anderson is alive by the end of Day 8.

--

You are Seth McPherson

You are a thug and a lowlife. You may select one player to role block each night with your thuggishness. You may only use your power if you voted and contributed one non-voting post during day.

You passively protect Scott Anderson.

You win if Scott Anderson is alive by the end of Day 8.

--

You are Alison Maynard

You are a terrible torturer, sexual deviant and responsible for Dan Gayle’s death. You may kill one person each even night. You may only use your power if you voted and contributed one non-voting post during day.

You may also torture one player during the day. They will ‘squeal’ and reveal their identity.

You are passively protected by Robin Maynard.

You win if you kill Scott Anderson before the end of Day 8. If you vote for him in a lynch that kills him, this is counted.

--

You are Robin Maynard.

You are Alison’s gimp husband. You may role block and redirect one person each night. You may only use your power if you voted and contributed one non-voting post during day.

You may release a fake census during the game.

You win if you kill Scott Anderson before the end of Day 8. If you vote for him in a lynch that kills him, this is counted.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
As an overview, there were:

1 every night killer
2 odd killers
2 even killers
5 protectors
1 name investigator
1 voyeur
1 redirect
1 role block
1 autolynch
1 role block / redirect
1 day action

Slackboy72

Coach
As an overview, there were:

1 every night killer
2 odd killers
2 even killers
5 protectors
1 name investigator
1 voyeur
1 redirect
1 role block
1 autolynch
1 role block / redirect
1 day action

So lets just do the math Drew.
13 players.
That's 3 kills and 1 potential lynch.
How the hell were we supposed to last 8 days?

Bazal

Post Whore
So annoying. I know it's inevitable but it sucks to essentially be outed by process of elimination after having everyone believe I was probably town. Still I think that's over 50% ratio of being the last mafia outed inflames I've played.

I will say, I like the idea of not being able to act if you don't participate or some other punishment, but making it public made it unbelievably hard as mafia. Couldn't risk trying a frame up, couldn't push as hard for SGL at the end...all a player had to do was say "well look, Mod has me posted as not acting." Fun otherwise, if frustrating to lose

Bazal

Post Whore
So lets just do the math Drew.
13 players.
That's 3 kills and 1 potential lynch.
How the hell were we supposed to last 8 days?

It was tough. And the arsey SeeJay lynch basically f**ked us. Still, we could have won it. Top effort I thought.

Still say we should have killed Mis earlier :p

Misanthrope

Staff member
Good catch, whall. Not sure how I missed that very obvious link. I'll blame being tired.

I've got to say, I struggled to see what use the torture day power would be until the endgame. In a game where names don't mean as much, it seemed pointless. Glad whall was able to make use of it.

Cynical of Slackboy to kill me once he knew he was dead.

Good game, all!

Dutchy

Immortal
Figured Mis was bad as soon as he started pointing the finger at me, but I was all like meh, will wait till day, I'm elbow deep in kraut.

Alas, I died. f**k you Mis.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Good catch, whall. Not sure how I missed that very obvious link. I'll blame being tired.

I've got to say, I struggled to see what use the torture day power would be until the endgame. In a game where names don't mean as much, it seemed pointless. Glad whall was able to make use of it.

Cynical of Slackboy to kill me once he knew he was dead.

Good game, all!

It was there to help you find Anderson so you could fulfil your win condition.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I would have pointed the finger at you either way. I didn't need to kill town - just Slackboy's mafia. Your contributions weren't particularly helpful, and that was unlike you when you're town.

Misanthrope

Staff member
It was there to help you find Anderson so you could fulfil your win condition.

:lol: Didn't end up needing it for that. SB gave himself away early on haha. With his protection chain and names not meaning a great deal, it was harder weeding out his damned lackeys. Baz almost had me convinced on lunching SGLC (although he did himself no favours with his OMGUS vote).

Bazal

Post Whore
FTR I didn't OMGUS, SGL did. I had to try and push the lynch once you.outed my name, given I was clearly written up night one and two as the mafia blocker. Was only a matter of time.

Latest posts