What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and even more Crap XXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_apostle21

Juniors
Unbelievable...I cannot believe it!!!

It is not even 2:30 yet!! Back to the Future...

Eels Statement on Kieran Foran

Mon 22nd June, 02:30PM

Gronk

Staff member
members email says the board and football management were not told of two clauses

they think the issue can be resolved and are dissapointed the private convos have gone public

Yep. Looks like his manager is playing dirty pool.
The club is extremely disappointed that these confidential discussions have been made public.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
members email says the board and football management were not told of two clauses

they think the issue can be resolved and are dissapointed the private convos have gone public
Thats a cop out, it's their job to know. Once again blaming everyone else but themselves. The sooner the NRL take over this basket case the better. The fans and members deserve so much more.

oldmancraigy

Coach
I'm certainly no deathrider of the board but having to send DA to renegotiate a contract with the major signing for the season months after it should've been finalised is a glaring flaw.

So who do you think is to blame? I would guess we should call for the head of the footy CEO? Surely he is the dope who stuffed this up??

Suitman

Post Whore
If we lose Foran, I'll be as fired up as anyone. But I'm not going to panic like many of you are.

The money is here and if he want's to play football here for huge coin, then that's great.
"I don't see any reason why Kieran Foran wouldn't come. We are offering him very good money and a four-year deal. If he is truly coming because he wants to play football for the Eels ... then I would expect him to be here."

Looks like we're not duping him on coin like the Dogs did with Fafita. Maybe just trying to move the terms to be the best for both parties.

That's exactly what Annesley said about DCE.

Suity

whall15

Coach
So who do you think is to blame? I would guess we should call for the head of the footy CEO? Surely he is the dope who stuffed this up??

It would appear that multiple parties are at fault, Seward for seemingly 'going rogue' with the contractual negotiations with Foran to start with and the board for failing to have adequate oversight to prevent this from occurring in the first place.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
And what if Seward was trusted and given the full-responsibility (Seward gave his word to Sharp and co) and he let Steve Sharp and co down? Same with Sandow not being able to stick to a game plan and BA needing to move Sandow on. DF had 30 years or so of dud buys mixed in amongst good ones. So will Sharp and co.

Be patient.

It's all in the intent and Sharp has his heart in the right place, he really loves our club and wants to do the right thing. Yes, that is my impression and I'm going with that, I'm sticking with Sharp through thick and thin. It will take something criminal or immoral for me to drop Sharp.
Yeah Sharps heart is in the right place :lol:, if it was he'd know he wasn't the man for the job and step down for someone with a semblance of a clue. This is the the bloke who wanted a pay rise as soon as he got the gig. You keep sticking with these jokers, keep making excuses for them because that's what this club was built on. No wonder we have won SFA in over 30 years.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
If it isn't factual, where is Sharp,Anderson or whoever saying he will definitely be at the Club next year, not the half hearted reply Sharp gave.
The only hope I am holding onto, nothing from Foran himself so far.

It's not half-hearted, its Sharp standing his ground because of the promises he made to all members who voted him and his board and is now fixing up all the f**k ups Seward made that went against Steve's standings. This is more than likely what has gone wrong...

I reckon this is another great learning experience for Steve & co, that he must take a more closer interest in everything important going on with our club. Trusting someone and just letting go thinking they are doing the right thing by Sharp will usually f**k up down-the-line. It takes years to build up real trust and all who work under Sharp need to prove their worth over a few years or its out the door they go real fast. Sure, it helps to employ the right bloke/Sheila the first time so maybe Sharp will have learnt this lesson now too and not rush in.

Suitman

Post Whore
I'm currently just trying to think of another club where this situation would arise, whether it is true or not. I can't.
Can anyone imagine this weekly shenanigans going on at the Roosters or to be honest, any other club?

Seriously, the NRL need to step in with their audit as quickly as possible and sort this shit out.
Also, (and I'm not being funny here) can someone confirm who actually appointed Seward to the position? I'm just curious.

Suity

whall15

Coach
After the Titans' saying that they wouldn't attempt to convince Sezer to backflip I wonder if their position would change if Foran were available.

oldmancraigy

Coach
It would appear that multiple parties are at fault, Seward for seemingly 'going rogue' with the contractual negotiations with Foran to start with and the board for failing to have adequate oversight to prevent this from occurring in the first place.

In all honesty, the board are just a bunch of mugs voted in by members, and given a retainer to act as 'oversight'. Their main job is to get the right CEO in place, and let him do his job. If they are checking up on everything he does, then they appointed the wrong bloke.

If he does something wrong, then he needs to be held accountable. Hard to fault the board on this one, surely?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I'm currently just trying to think of another club where this situation would arise, whether it is true or not. I can't.
Can anyone imagine this weekly shenanigans going on at the Roosters or to be honest, any other club?

Seriously, the NRL need to step in with their audit as quickly as possible and sort this shit out.
Also, (and I'm not being funny here) can someone confirm who actually appointed Seward to the position? I'm just curious.

Suity
Yep, we are the only club that this would happen too. And Suit it was the current board who hired him. Now it is all he's fault and the poor board were kept in the dark. Give me a f**king break.

Someone

Bench

Suity

why buy into the media speculation? our club is fine, the media just has an agenda against us. they bully us.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Yeah Sharps heart is in the right place :lol:, if it was he'd know he wasn't the man for the job and step down for someone with a semblance of a clue. This is the the bloke who wanted a pay rise as soon as he got the gig. You keep sticking with these jokers, keep making excuses for them because that's what this club was built on. No wonder we have won SFA in over 30 years.

Sharp is a "new kid on the block". Give him a break dude. Let him grow into the role he has taken on. Be patient. We do it with young players coming through so what makes it any different with Sharp? It's not as if our club has to amalgamate or be forced into bankruptcy.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
In all honesty, the board are just a bunch of mugs voted in by members, and given a retainer to act as 'oversight'. Their main job is to get the right CEO in place, and let him do his job. If they are checking up on everything he does, then they appointed the wrong bloke.

If he does something wrong, then he needs to be held accountable. Hard to fault the board on this one, surely?
Besides the fact they hired this wet behind the ears CEO???

whall15

Coach

I'm not saying that they are to micromanage everything the CEO does but surely reading the contract of the major signing at the time isn't too much to ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts