What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and even more Crap XXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

emjaycee

Coach
I'm currently just trying to think of another club where this situation would arise, whether it is true or not. I can't.
Can anyone imagine this weekly shenanigans going on at the Roosters or to be honest, any other club?

Seriously, the NRL need to step in with their audit as quickly as possible and sort this shit out.
Also, (and I'm not being funny here) can someone confirm who actually appointed Seward to the position? I'm just curious.

Suity

Seward was appointed General Manager, Membership and Consumer Business in November 2012 and was promoted to CEO in September 2013 following Ken Edwards departure.

The Steve Sharp led board was first elected in May 2013.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Plumber promised good governance and "other stuff" ..... Im just not seeing it.

What he is doing here with the Foran matter is good governance. He is working from the promises he made to all members who voted him in. Sharp is NOT selling out his standards, he is instead sticking to them which means cleaning up any f**kups that have come along the way and which go against the standards Sharp outlined from the beginning. What is wrong with this? :crazy::crazy::crazy:

Last edited:

Craig Johnston

First Grade
Why is this happening a week before registration deadline? Why wasn't this bridge crossed 3-4 months ago? Something's bullshit here

Glenn

First Grade
I'm currently just trying to think of another club where this situation would arise, whether it is true or not. I can't.
Can anyone imagine this weekly shenanigans going on at the Roosters or to be honest, any other club?

Seriously, the NRL need to step in with their audit as quickly as possible and sort this shit out.
Also, (and I'm not being funny here) can someone confirm who actually appointed Seward to the position? I'm just curious.

Suity

I am hoping the NRL do appoint their own board to Parramatta, maybe then we can get this shit cleaned up and actually have a normal functioning board. :shock:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Sharp is a "new kid on the block". Give him a break dude. Let him grow into the role he has taken on. Be patient. We do it with young players coming through so what makes it any different with Sharp? It's not as if our club has to amalgamate or be forced into bankruptcy.
Yeah wait two years why not, i mean he has only been in the job for two years. give him time, jesus tap dancing christ it's not just a river in Egypt.

Suitman

Post Whore
Seward was appointed General Manager, Membership and Consumer Business in November 2012 and was promoted to CEO in September 2013 following Ken Edwards departure.

The Steve Sharp led board was first elected in May 2013.

Cheers.

Suity

What he is doing here with the Foran matter is good governance. He is working from the promises he made to all members who voted him in. Sharp is NOT selling out his standards, he instead sticking to them which means cleaning up any f**kups that have come along the way and which go against the standards Sharp outlined from the beginning. What is wrong with this? :crazy::crazy::crazy:

What's wrong is that the plumber should have been on top of it from the start. The plumber in the end has hired the Ceo who he eventually fired. What the f**k is going on? Is anybody in charge of this rabble??

Gronk

Staff member
The Parramatta Eels are aware of news coverage today relating to the status of five-eighth Kieran Foran's contract with the club.
The Eels have been working with the NRL and Kieran Foran’s management on two clauses within his contract that were previously undisclosed to the Board and senior football management.
The discussions have been productive and it is the club's understanding that issues surrounding these clauses can be resolved.
The club is extremely disappointed that these confidential discussions have been made public.
http://www.parraeels.com.au/news/2015/06/22/eels_statement_on_ki.html

emjaycee

Coach
What's wrong is that the plumber should have been on top of it from the start. The plumber in the end has hired the Ceo who he eventually fired. What the f**k is going on? Is anybody in charge of this rabble??

Have you got a link to this one Jake?
Or is it okay cause the thread title includes 'more crap'?

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
What shit are they trying to Clean up? Only the shit they've created. They are a f**king joke!

My god you a dribbler in massive denial bro. Support Sharp bro??? The guy is an inept clown who is massively out of his depth bro.

Whats 2009 got to do with this bro??? I keep whinging because this club continually shoot's itself in the foot and makes us the laughing stock of the league bro.

How weren't the board all over this bro??? He is the biggest signing in the clubs history you would have all the I and T's crossed bro. But go on keep telling us what a bang up job the board are doing bro.

It seems you both have no real idea about what it takes to build up a business and employing hundreds of staff and keeping things together down-the-line in-spite of things going wrong along-the-way. The club has a massive long history made up of all those employed and on the board which creates a type of culture that needs to be changed and this takes time because you do not want to cause a massive upheaval overnight which can completely destabilise the club/business and destroy it. It has to be handled, bit by bit, section by section, and be patient as it can take 3 to 5 years to change a whole corporation from within to without, without bringing it undone. Same with the overall business of our million $$$$$ club (turnover) made up of men and women that either need to be retrained or moved on to be replaced by those that meet the new criteria/standards/culture/attitudes. Sometimes shit happens along the way and it needs to be cleaned up. This does not mean that the new management, owners, etc, are complete losers and f**ked in the head. It's all in the intent.

Jodeci

Bench
I don't understand how the biggest playing contract in the history of our club was not signed off by the chairman or he didn't even look at it?

If we signed a reserve grader then I wouldn't be involving the chairman but we have landed the biggest playing contract yet no one in management cared to see the clauses?

Fascinating. These matters only happen at Parra.

I have no doubt Foran will be at Parra but it's not a good look for the club and it's loyal fans who have had to put up with this rubbish endlessly.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
It seems you both have no real idea about what it takes to build up a business and employing hundreds of staff and keeping things together down-the-line in-spite of things going wrong along-the-way. The club has a massive long history made up of all those employed and on the board which creates a type of culture that needs to be changed and this takes time because you do not want to cause a massive upheaval overnight which can completely destabilise the club/business and destroy it. It has to be handled, bit by bit, section by section, and be patient as it can take 3 to 5 years to change a whole corporation from within to without, without bringing it undone. Same with the overall business of our million $$$$$ club (turnover) made up of men and women that either need to be retrained or moved on to be replaced by those that meet the new criteria/standards/culture/attitudes. Sometimes shit happens along the way and it needs to be cleaned up. This does not mean that the new management, owners, etc, are complete losers and f**ked in the head. It's all in the intent.
Have another swig of the bong water Casper. You bagged the shit out of Spags and his crew(rightfully so) but whinge when anyone else is critical of the new board of fools. 3 to 5 years to change what??? We are a footy club, keep crapping on all you like but they can't even sign a player without f**king up deluxe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts