What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and even more Crap XXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Quote:
The Parramatta Eels are aware of news coverage today relating to the status of five-eighth Kieran Foran's contract with the club.
The Eels have been working with the NRL and Kieran Foran?s management on two clauses within his contract that were previously undisclosed to the Board and senior football management.
The discussions have been productive and it is the club's understanding that issues surrounding these clauses can be resolved.
The club is extremely disappointed that these confidential discussions have been made public.

Thanks Gronk...... simple...... with what is really going on...

My heart pours out to you Twiz, how many f**king years have you had to deal with this negative non-sense????

Surprised you have not died of a heart attack yet (joke)... :D

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
I don't understand how the biggest playing contract in the history of our club was not signed off by the chairman or he didn't even look at it?

If we signed a reserve grader then I wouldn't be involving the chairman but we have landed the biggest playing contract yet no one in management cared to see the clauses?

Fascinating. These matters only happen at Parra.

I have no doubt Foran will be at Parra but it's not a good look for the club and it's loyal fans who have had to put up with this rubbish endlessly.

It's a big learning curve for Steve. He is the chairman and he f**ked up. He should have been looking over Seward's work until the trust was built up over a few years. He will learn from it.

Am sure if you were in you would be on a big learning curve too bro. :D

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Have another swig of the bong water Casper. You bagged the shit out of Spags and his crew(rightfully so) but whinge when anyone else is critical of the new board of fools. 3 to 5 years to change what??? We are a footy club, keep crapping on all you like but they can't even sign a player without f**king up deluxe.

Turning a big ship takes time and planning. That's unless you believe our club is a row boat. :lol:

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
So assuming Parra's R & R committee are working with the NRL on contracts, i'd assume that we should be salary cap compliant for next season as per the NRL's orders, which should mean we'll be ok for not losing the 4 points in 2016. Or is that just related to the independant auditor?

I'm with you on this.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
Shit happens Craig.

It seems DA, BA & SS are saying look we want you to play for us Foran, we are honouring the $$$$$ we agreed to pay you but we refuse to have these clauses in this contract. If you do not like these changes/amendments then its ok if you want to move on here and now as we will anyway. We are not prepared to sell out and support ridiculous clauses in this or any other contract. We are in charge and we will not have you or your manager seek to get out of this contract simple because we fired the coach or whatever. No back doors bro. As mutual benefit, are we in this together as team players or not? ............. SIMPLE...... :cool:

what? $ isn't and has never been the only term that makes up a contract.

if our governance does not include due dilligence via a legal team post agreement to review a contract (the largest nrl contract of all time at that point) and advise, then we are as f**ked up as smith says and should be docked 4 points for stupidity

Jodeci

Bench
Not a good thing for our club. :crazy::crazy:

It's sad that you can't see the history of f**kups that went on over many many years before Sharp came on board.

If only there was no history of f**kups behind our club to appease the small brains of fans who have no f**king idea about the reality of what our board are dealing with.

Where is that magical fairy godmother and her miracle "fast-food-wand" creating instant success for all those desperate Eels fans who only want success now so they can feel good about themselves, etc... :crazy::crazy:

Are you being serious Casper?

Can you enlighten me on why you are relating today's news in which a player has signed a contract for Season 2016 on the board that was removed in April 2013? I'll tell ya, absolutely sweet FA.

There was a stuff up with DCE and the Titans but you dont see people blaming Michael Searle for it?

Zero accountability, that's what it's called.

Acknowledge or Accept the stuff up made & ensure the fans that Foran is coming no matter what rubbish has been said, stated or made.

Jodeci

Bench
what? $ isn't and has never been the only term that makes up a contract.

if our governance does not include due dilligence via a legal team post agreement to review a contract and advise, then we are as f**ked up as smith says and should be docked 4 points for stupidity

Thank you Craig

hineyrulz

Post Whore
i don't know why some are blaming the board

they hire a CEO for a reason. not even News Ltd's board at the Storm knew Waldron went rogue
They hired the CEO, and i'm sorry but the biggest signing in the clubs history they should of been all over this. Instead the CEO gets pushed the week before this comes out just so they have someone to blame.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I agree its a learning curve for some of these blokes. Easy to blame Seward now he's gone but if we were on a witch hunt the blame would need to be shared between all those responsible.

Hopefully they learn form it if Sharp can sort it all out.

Glenn

First Grade
Not a good thing for our club. :crazy::crazy:

It's sad that you can't see the history of f**kups that went on over many many years before Sharp came on board.

If only there was no history of f**kups behind our club to appease the small brains of fans who have no f**king idea about the reality of what our board are dealing with.

Where is that magical fairy godmother and her miracle "fast-food-wand" creating instant success for all those desperate Eels fans who only want success now so they can feel good about themselves, etc... :crazy::crazy:

And the f**k ups are continuing under the current board.
This is not about wanting instant success , this is about getting competent people running the club, something that hasn't happened in over 30 years.

i don't know why some are blaming the board

they hire a CEO for a reason. not even News Ltd's board at the Storm knew Waldron went rogue

Well said. There has been plenty of CEO who have resigned, or sacked for deceiving their Board.

Yes Seward has a lot to answer for . He was was crap. Hence his name is close to sewage= shite.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
The player manager has nothing to gain from it, highly doubtful Foran would attract better Coin elsewhere so what is in it for the Player Manager?

Well who else did the leak?

Who gains the most from such a leak?

And

Who loses the most from such amendments?

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Why would you not speak the chairman and discuss terms with him if you were the CEO? i'd say it cost Seward his job.
My biggest fear is now DA is looking after it, now i fear we won't be able to come to terms for both parties.

Is DA that bad?

And if so, where is the evidence that he is that bad?

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
They have been in for over two years you apologist, you will be still banging on with the same crap in 5 years time and we are still the joke of the League.

If the history continues on for another two years I'll be joining you and going for their throats. :lol:

Craig Johnston

First Grade
let's see some facts emerge, but if we have done to one of the biggest names of the game, what we accused gorman/flanagan of doing to us with gordon then marquee players will never want to deal with us in future, we can get rid of people, but stigma takes 10 years to remove

El Diablo

Post Whore
Well said. There has been plenty of CEO who have resigned, or sacked for deceiving their Board.

Yes Seward has a lot to answer for . He was was crap. Hence his name is close to sewage= shite.

happens all the time

if the board had to go over everything the CEO does then there's no point having a CEO

it would be as silly as blaming the Roosters board for Jennings going out and getting on the piss

Gronk

Staff member
Status
Not open for further replies.