What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and even more Crap XXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
I dare say that if the CEO of the club at that time and the player and his manager had signed a contract and the club now refuses to honour said contract, that the player would be entitled to take the club to court to obtain the entire costs of the contract. In which, I also dare say, he would likely win.

Foran has all the chips in this negotiation.

It would also put him in a bad light too.

Making the contract seem fair for all sides is not a bad thing.

The board are getting rid of the Seward clauses that makes it very easy for Foran to opt out at almost any-time. I get it, we don't want wonderful bullshit excuses being used for the opportunity for Foran to graze on greener pastures.

If Foran is serious and passionate about our club then he will play and get the $$$$$ agreed to.

If he is ONLY in it for the $$$$$ he will more than likely move on because there will be other opportunities out there for him.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
And the f**k ups are continuing under the current board.
This is not about wanting instant success , this is about getting competent people running the club, something that hasn't happened in over 30 years.

Maybe these actions are the signs of a competent board growing to fulfil its promise. Lets wait and see. :cool:

Craig Johnston

First Grade

The board are getting rid of the Seward clauses that makes it very easy for Foran to opt out at almost any-time. I get it, we don't want wonderful bullshit excuses being used for the opportunity for Foran to graze on greener pastures.

If Foran is serious and passionate about our club then he will play and get the $$$$$ agreed to.

If he is ONLY in it for the $$$$$ he will more than likely move on because there will be other opportunities out there for him.

how can he be only in it for the money if he takes less elsewhere due to principle?

what are you smoking?

no one would begrudge him for telling us to get f**ked

hineyrulz

Post Whore
what? $ isn't and has never been the only term that makes up a contract.

if our governance does not include due dilligence via a legal team post agreement to review a contract (the largest nrl contract of all time at that point) and advise, then we are as f**ked up as smith says and should be docked 4 points for stupidity
:clap::clap::clap:

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
let's see some facts emerge, but if we have done to one of the biggest names of the game, what we accused gorman/flanagan of doing to us with gordon then marquee players will never want to deal with us in future, we can get rid of people, but stigma takes 10 years to remove

True

Then it comes down to the integrity coming across from BA, DA, SS & co... Good blokes can usually win over the hearts of other good blokes. Not the managers/agents, they are all evil. :lol:

Jodeci

Bench
So Jodeci or people in the know . . . Is there smooth sailing beyond the waves caused today? Or have we lost him?

I'm sure he will be at Parra

The manager or management company involved are not happy about something and Parra probably said to them tough luck so the manager is now going to make the club look like fools.

That's my gut feeling as to why this has all happened.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Our boat has a hole and no oars.

Then we better quickly get into the business of selling water. There is a fast-juice market out there, salted or not, spiced or not, f**ked or not. :lol:

Hope you got yourself a wonderful women to plunge the core of your being into tonight.
Tomorrow is another day hey. :lol:
Hope you do wake up on the right side of the bed. :lol:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I agree its a learning curve for some of these blokes. Easy to blame Seward now he's gone but if we were on a witch hunt the blame would need to be shared between all those responsible.

Hopefully they learn form it if Sharp can sort it all out.
I reckon Sharp would barely be able to sort out his sock drawer.

hindy111

Post Whore
13 pages of people having a wank over Foran and the DT story.
WTF cares if he does not want to come we go after cornish. Cost us $200k.

Gronk

Staff member

The manager or management company involved are not happy about something and Parra probably said to them tough luck so the manager is now going to make the club look like fools.

Me too. These managers have no scruples. Play it out in the media and embarrass the club to get the desired result.

Nice one. :?

Eelsman87

Juniors

Thanks mate. Appreciate your insight.

Chipmunk

Coach

Why would Foran have any passion for the Parramatta Eels? An organisation he has never had any association with.

He's interested in playing for us because were paying $$$$$.

On the day he signed he himself said that he was having second thoughts about leaving 'the club he was passionate about' in Manly. Which is why we then gave him an offer that he simply could not refuse, when it appears we provided him with a contract that he could leave at any time.

The club and Foran came to an agreement. I think its poor form if the club now wants to alter that agreement because it doesn't like some of the things in the contract.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
13 pages of people having a wank over Foran and the DT story.
WTF cares if he does not want to come we go after cornish. Cost us $200k.
Yeah, how awesome. lose the best 6 in the game to a young bloke who has less than 10 first grade games.

hindmarshisgod

Juniors
I couldnt give a shit if foran backflips. I still think he is massively overpaid and overrated and no better than our own Norman. We should go for Hodgkinson who would do a great job and go after a couple of quality backs with forans money.

I just dont want Sandow re signed cause that will be the WOOOOORST possible outcome.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
what? $ isn't and has never been the only term that makes up a contract.

if our governance does not include due dilligence via a legal team post agreement to review a contract (the largest nrl contract of all time at that point) and advise, then we are as f**ked up as smith says and should be docked 4 points for stupidity

In principle agreed, but marriages f**k up and terms can go awry too.

Due diligence is great but regardless of what the history is, arrangements can be twisted down the line for the purpose of f**king over and ransacking the 1st parties who entered such an agreement with good intentions only to become innocent victims.

Are you not aware that this shit goes on big-time and the fact that the law mostly fully endorses such tactics because they reap plenty of $$$$ out of such such rape, pillage and plunder?

Status
Not open for further replies.