What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and even more Crap XXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Anyway... Once this saga boils over ( God knows when that'll be) watch for the media to go to town on the BA v DA saga which is looking uglier by the day

Anyone who thinks that these 2 are sweet with each other need to go out and get serious help, the league world knows these 2 don't talk and I'm constantly reminded of that by by friends in the media and those who work at other clubs..

Strap yourselves in, this is only the beginning..

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
And, just to clear things up, if I state something as fact in future, can I say I heard it on the news, if I actually had? I'm only asking this if I actually had heard it on the news. I want to know if that constitutes an acceptable source.

Suity

yes, its in the forum rules

SOURCING MATERIAL
Sourcing material means providing due credit to the ORIGINAL source. If that source has an URL (website) link, then the URL must be included. If no URL is available, then the published reference must be included in the post. Please note that while the member posting the published source is entirely responsible for its validity, the Admin and Mods of LeagueUnlimited may remove any post or source reference at their discretion.

http://leagueunlimited.com/forum-rules

What's the chance that, having the feeling they were under threat, BA and SS had the clauses inserted without telling the Board so that they could use it to either a) keep their jobs if they were ever threatened or b) leave a mine field behind if they were ever shown the door?

This is all theory, mind you, but the Board could have been shown the contract-less clauses before they were signed, then the clauses inserted afterwards, SS sends it through to the NRL without showing the Board the amended version...

Theoretically, this could explain how everything came to pass, couldn't it, while fitting with the narrative that SS and BA weren't on firm ground?

Now, even if it is true (and remember, it's just a crazy theory of mine) there's still issues for the Board - most notably that Seward had control of contracts, which was stupid for a novice and, secondly, that the coach was not being fully supported (or possibly even being worked against).

Stagger eel

Staff member
Any idea what the issues are.

In a nutshell and from what I gather, one badly wants the others job..

They basically communicate each other through peter sharp..

I'll give the board a bit of credit here, they saw this issue early and hired sharp for that reason ( and other )

Bandwagon

Staff member

I'll give the board a bit of credit here, they saw this issue early and hired sharp for that reason ( and other )

If true, that sounds like a completely unworkable situation that can only end poorly.

EelsFan05

Bench
Hiring DA was s monumental f**k up and a good old jobs for the boys appointment. He has been angling for the coaching job since he arrived and this week inhereted a whole lot more power.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
It amazes me how many different ways we can read the exact same story.

media bullshit and more clickbait, there may be not much truth but thats beside the point, it's all about revenue raising not being truthful, you only have to look at the crap reported by Josh Massoud last night about a contract that was never registered

If its True that Parra want Foran to take a 300k paycut a season I can't see any player accepting those terms. Who really knows what is going on looking forward to the events of Day 2.

again, this was from Joshy, but it didn't say $300K per annum, it just said $300K, make your own mind up as to whether you believe any of his ramblings

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
What's the chance that, having the feeling they were under threat, BA and SS had the clauses inserted without telling the Board so that they could use it to either a) keep their jobs if they were ever threatened or b) leave a mine field behind if they were ever shown the door?

This is all theory, mind you, but the Board could have been shown the contract-less clauses before they were signed, then the clauses inserted afterwards, SS sends it through to the NRL without showing the Board the amended version...

Theoretically, this could explain how everything came to pass, couldn't it, while fitting with the narrative that SS and BA weren't on firm ground?

Now, even if it is true (and remember, it's just a crazy theory of mine) there's still issues for the Board - most notably that Seward had control of contracts, which was stupid for a novice and, secondly, that the coach was not being fully supported (or possibly even being worked against).

oh, a conspiracy theory, was only a matter of time

but BA was part of the contract negotiations if you believe one of the media articles quoted above

Tony Bongo

Bench
Seems like potentially a better outcome then first thought?

Funny that.

Ok so can someone do a rundown of what's happened? Haha

Why are we confident he will stay now?

Geeze some of you lot carry on. I just read 15 pages of hysteria. More drama queens than that Housewives of Melbourne show. Get a grip.

Good rundown Gronk.

Surely DA would never rub someone up the wrong way?

What does DA do again?

The Colonel

Immortal

DA was part of the reason why Taylor didn't want to come wasn't it?

Hiring Peter Sharp may have been a good thing to work between both guys but bringing DA into the position in the first place obviously wasn't.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
"The negotiations are being done with Daniel Anderson at the moment," Sharp said. "Daniel is finalising all the paperwork and all of that. Since Scott left, Daniel has taken over all of the negotiations."

"Who is more important, the club or an individual?" Sharp said. "The game and the club are bigger than one individual. I would love to have Kieran Foran at the club but Daniel knows what we have got to do to secure our future with good governance and all of that sort of stuff so he is working through all of that at the moment."

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...m-parramatta-eels-deal-report-20150622-ghu7ez

God he sounds dumb. Time to move on Sharpie. Seriously.
Dumb as dogshit, it he is all about the club as he claims he will step down for the good of the club.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Potentially, BA really must have for his point across during it.
As I said earlier if Foran is to stay it is thanks to BA.

But as Jodeci said, it shouldn't have gotten to what has happened today. It's just laughable.
Feel really sorry for BA, he lands the biggest signing in the clubs history only for management I f**k it up.

And having Ando sniffing around like a dog with a bone can't be easy as well.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

Instead of having to hire Sharp to do DA's job how about they piss off all the cause of the trouble DA??

It was a terrible appointment from the start. Only through political reasons from a board way out of their depth.

Bigfella

Coach
Gronk is right again you guys.

Seward was a gun CEO and the board are doing a great job.

There's nothing to see here.

The a situation is under control.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
@insert.pause... The Board has a responsibility to know - and that's why they pay to employ people in roles like Footy CEO, to be responsible and tell them. Born An Eel has the roles spot on, people expecting the Board/Chair to spend 50 hours a week on voluntary work reading the fine print of every contract don't know how the real world works!

We no longer have a Footy CEO employed, just before the issues with these clauses came to light... you join the dots. The Board has acted decisively when confronted with the issue. What more do you want them to do? (Other than employ someone better qualified for/experienced as a Footy CEO next time....)
The Board had acted decisively :lol:

My sides are hurting, you couldn't wait to stick the boot into the previous Board whenever they made a mistake. Hypocrite of the highest order.

Why does the board let DA AND BA thing fester? Just get of rid of DA as they've sacked everyone else anyway. What's one more sacking going to effect the club is up the shitter anyway with this mob at the helm. At least make it easier for BA to coach without having to look over his shoulder.

The whole place is a shambles from top to bottom. And the One thing that is now guaranteed is that this board will have NRL influence on it at the end of the year. This latest embarrassing episode has pretty much guaranteed that.

What an embarrassing mess this club is.

Status
Not open for further replies.