What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The worlds best cronulla sharks fan podcast

carcharias

Immortal
So you're backing Gal from your opening line?

Deadset - politics wouldn't be a bad option if lose your job. Spin doctor.

Sam/Newman provide a service every TV channel provides hourly - the interview. Whatever comes out of the interviewees gob is the SOLE RESPONSIBILITY of the the interviewee.

Flanno decided - by himself - to put that fact (true or false) into the public domain.

You've blamed Gal. The interviewers. Probably Lyall and maybe me.

All at the expense of supporting the one drop kick who said it.

Unbelievable.

What you blame Flano?

What a shock from the forums most agenda driven poster in the history of the forum.
Oh well
When Gallen retires from rep footy we'll all be happy.

Last edited:

millersnose

Post Whore
I was speculating carch
I don't know exactly what's going on or what the history is between gal and the podcast guys or why flanno said it in the first place
Though It is clear to me flanno and Gallen have done the wrong thing regardless of whatever carryover fueds are in the background

webShark

Gee whiz Gal tell us what you really think about the podcast.

Like you did about ASADA on Twitter. Suppose they were dropkicks so it doesn't matter. Let's be realistic, if it's not mentioned, he will sign for one year then decide if he wants to play SOO As a fan, I want him to committ to not playing before signing an extension. Oh , and forget boxing, you are not much chop.

carcharias

Immortal
I was speculating carch
I don't know exactly what's going on or what the history is between gal and the podcast guys or why flanno said it in the first place
Though It is clear to me flanno and Gallen have done the wrong thing regardless of whatever carryover fueds are in the background

Passive aggressive from Flano

Some fans just cannot take it.

They all want Wayne Bennett but when they get his style they freak out.

Eion

First Grade
It does smack of Gal hitting out at an easy target, when he should be pizzed at someone else entirely. Thought he was meant to be a tough guy. Pretty weak performance, and should be beneath him.

gavin_miller

Juniors
Just a heads up to anyone who hasn't heard the podcast - it's 100% bias free. And agenda free. So all 15 eps and the next, are never ever personal or petty.

Card Shark

Immortal
......yep 99% + the 1%, anyone can nominate their favourite music & not get lambasted for liking crap ;-)

Ads

First Grade
Have to wonder if flanno did let it drop by accident he could have easily had Newman and Sam remove it from the podcast, or at least tried to.

So you're backing Gal from your opening line?

Deadset - politics wouldn't be a bad option if lose your job. Spin doctor.

Sam/Newman provide a service every TV channel provides hourly - the interview. Whatever comes out of the interviewees gob is the SOLE RESPONSIBILITY of the the interviewee.

Flanno decided - by himself - to put that fact (true or false) into the public domain.

You've blamed Gal. The interviewers. Probably Lyall and maybe me.

All at the expense of supporting the one drop kick who said it.

Unbelievable.

How The $&)@ did you come up with that?

He was answering a question, "what did Gallen say"

Last edited:

carcharias

Immortal
Please tell us youre not saying Flanno exhibits bennett's style in any way shape or form.

OMG.

Please don't tell us you really think Flano said that without thinking ?
Please don't tell us he'd just make up that story about the state of origin capt
and capt of the team he coaches without a bit of inside knowledge

Hahaha

carcharias

Immortal
http://m.smh.com.au/rugby-league/le...sidering-hybrid-schedule-20150628-ghzsrs.html

One giant leap for podcasting

NSW captain Paul Gallen was responsible for the most mind-numbingly daft example of messenger-shooting in memory when he blamed the Shark Cast podcast over the weekend for something his Cronulla coach, Shane Flanagan, had said. Flanagan told the fledgling show he did not expect Gallen to continue in representative football next year.

Somehow these comments, spoken into a microphone to enthusiasts with no official link to the club, were a secret in the eyes of Gal. Never mind that the Shark Cast – unreasonably, in my eyes – offered at the end of the interview to remove anything the club wished. Presumably if the podcast was only heard by Cronulla members, which isn't possible anyway, they would all sign a non-disclosure document not to tell anyone what they heard. How on earth can you 'leak' a podcast?

Far from being the members-only show Gallen seems to think it is, Shark Cast is broadcast each week to the world on rlinternetradio.com.

Honestly …

Madsharkie

First Grade
Pretty safe to say all of us 'drop kick fans' are in your corner Newman and Sam.
Gallen should pull his head in and apologise!

Madsharkie

First Grade
http://m.smh.com.au/rugby-league/le...sidering-hybrid-schedule-20150628-ghzsrs.html

One giant leap for podcasting

NSW captain Paul Gallen was responsible for the most mind-numbingly daft example of messenger-shooting in memory when he blamed the Shark Cast podcast over the weekend for something his Cronulla coach, Shane Flanagan, had said. Flanagan told the fledgling show he did not expect Gallen to continue in representative football next year.

Somehow these comments, spoken into a microphone to enthusiasts with no official link to the club, were a secret in the eyes of Gal. Never mind that the Shark Cast ? unreasonably, in my eyes ? offered at the end of the interview to remove anything the club wished. Presumably if the podcast was only heard by Cronulla members, which isn't possible anyway, they would all sign a non-disclosure document not to tell anyone what they heard. How on earth can you 'leak' a podcast?

Far from being the members-only show Gallen seems to think it is, Shark Cast is broadcast each week to the world on rlinternetradio.com.

Honestly ?

Well said.

Since 73

First Grade
Please don't tell us you really think Flano said that without thinking ?
Please don't tell us he'd just make up that story about the state of origin capt
and capt of the team he coaches without a bit of inside knowledge

Hahaha
WTF???..

he says most stuff without thinking. The idiot is the only coach in living memory suspended by the NRL.

He shot his mouth off about Flash going to Parra- which was wrong.

And nobody is saying he made the story up. The problem is he was privvy to negotiations between Gal and the club and then thought he would tell the world. Big noting himself at the fact in question.

It wasnt a done deal and its Gals news to disclose.

The bit about "without thinking"... That's the problem.

Card Shark

Immortal
Well said Mascord.

Flanno put his foot in it, so Gal follows him.

When will these 2 ever learn!

Shit like this makes me so cranky as it's the kind of stuff that derails our campaign regularly.

Whenever those 2 are around, there is never any shortage of controversy!