What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latrell Mitchell

The Roosters coaching staff have very big wraps on Latrell. There are some who think in fact that he will make a better first grade fullback than RTS will.

It has probably helped Latrell's development that, due to injuries in 2014, he had to play quite a bit of five eight in Toyota Cup when Jackson Hastings was out injured.

From the few snippets mentioned around the traps, it seems like the Roosters coaching staff are not looking to rush him into first grade. They are quite happy for him to develop at his own pace and not feel pressured. So far it has been working.

It has probably helped Latrell's development that, due to injuries in 2014, he had to play quite a bit of five eight in Toyota Cup when Jackson Hastings was out injured.

From the few snippets mentioned around the traps, it seems like the Roosters coaching staff are not looking to rush him into first grade. They are quite happy for him to develop at his own pace and not feel pressured. So far it has been working.

If he is as good as they say eg being compared to Inglis, he should be making his NRL debut pretty soon.

kbw

Bench
Theres a Latrell at the Storm as well.

On Mitchell, he does look an outstanding talent.
Yes Latrell Robinson he is the brother of the other Robinsons playing in the NRL.

Good kid and a handy player as well. $ouff$ junior (Rovers) and Joeys graduate.

Mitchell would have been playing 1st grade by now had that 18 years minimum rule not come into play. He looks similar to Inglis but I think he may just end up being a bit better then Inglis.

didn't realize you had to be 18 to play nsw cup - you can in play at 17 in qld iirc

I don't know about nsw cup, but I know you have to be 18 to play 1st grade. He would have been playing 1st grade already had it not been for that rule. Sione Mata'utia last year had the same issue, he played 7 games and was selected for the Roo's but the only reason he didn't play more was because he wasn't allowed. I've seen a video of Inglis at 18 playing qld cup, he was really skinny but boy he could run! Latrell at the same age has a big frame and he's just and fast and a bit more agile. I think this kid will end up surpassing Inglis.

isaiah

Bench
I have read other people's opinions that he has not even dominated in the NYC this season. Big call to compare him to the legend Inglis. He dominated against men scoring a dozen trys in q cup at 18 before he made his nrl debut. He might be as good as Jamie Lyon or Hayne, a level below hodges and Inglis.

Noa

First Grade
Not to mention was the 2nd best player in the Storms 2006 team and representing Australia at 19.

Latest posts