What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which prodigal son do you most want back in the NRL?

Which prodigal son do you most want back in the NRL?

• Jarryd Hayne

Votes: 10 26.3%
  • Sam Burgess

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Sonny Bill Williams

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Israel Folau

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Craig Wing

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Andrew Everingham

Votes: 10 26.3%

• Total voters
Which of the prodigal sons do you most want back in the NRL?

Jarryd Hayne?
Sam Burgess?
Sonny Bill Williams?
Israel Folau?
Andrew Everingham?
Craig Wing?

Billythekid

First Grade
It's a tough choice. Hayne and burgess were the 2 best players in the game when they left IMO and I love watching both of them. I'd probably lean towards burgess because I just love that physical style of league. As much as I hate souths and know that he is the reason they won a comp I still love watching the merkin play.

Would love to see them both come back.

killbill

Juniors
Just to let you know - though I am sure you do Jarryd Hayne getting lots of good press here and for first time I am hearing people say Rugby league and NRL not just Rugby. I was at the game and was a great time and reception from all us Texan fans. That was the best advert for Rugby League I have seen - 4 of my buds subscribed to the Fox channel to watch it after the game.

Sleep

Juniors
Burgess for sure. He was the best forward in the game. Craig Wing left because of injuries I'm pretty sure. I still remember when he was playing Origin and how much better NSW looked with him at hooker as opposed to Farah/Ennis. It wasn't even close.

betcats

Referee
Just to let you know - though I am sure you do Jarryd Hayne getting lots of good press here and for first time I am hearing people say Rugby league and NRL not just Rugby. I was at the game and was a great time and reception from all us Texan fans. That was the best advert for Rugby League I have seen - 4 of my buds subscribed to the Fox channel to watch it after the game.

While it is a great advertisement for league its a bit worrying if the NFL decide to start taking a punt on the best RL talent because there would be no stopping them. I'd hate to lose an RTS or Taumololo or something at this stage of their careers.

That being said id love to have Hayne back.

killbill

Juniors
While it is a great advertisement for league its a bit worrying if the NFL decide to start taking a punt on the best RL talent because there would be no stopping them. I'd hate to lose an RTS or Taumololo or something at this stage of their careers.

That being said id love to have Hayne back.

Yes it is different from an Aussie view point for sure - that is true but again if it is not a flood it can only help as it opens up RL as a game to be respected for its athletes. I think it has just opened the game up to a whole new audience. I stumbled upon the game by accident a few years ago and before that I just knew Rugby from college keg parties!

It may also open up the game to people giving it a try here who are good athletes from football. Most people I have met here who play Rugby (union) do it for the party or because they weren't good at football and like to hit. That is the Americans not the expats. RL really is a totally different game with all the running and tackling. One thing I really like is RL fullbacks run the ball back they don't just kick it out - this is one of my favorite part of football the punt return.

Lambretta

First Grade
Craig Wing is 36 - why on earth would anyone want old Gramps on their team?

If you'd put his name in the hat 5 years ago I might have thought he was a good bet for one last year, but nowhere near Burgess, Hayne or SBW

I bet there is a lot of velcro in your wardrobe

betcats

Referee
Yes it is different from an Aussie view point for sure - that is true but again if it is not a flood it can only help as it opens up RL as a game to be respected for its athletes. I think it has just opened the game up to a whole new audience. I stumbled upon the game by accident a few years ago and before that I just knew Rugby from college keg parties!

It may also open up the game to people giving it a try here who are good athletes from football. Most people I have met here who play Rugby (union) do it for the party or because they weren't good at football and like to hit. That is the Americans not the expats. RL really is a totally different game with all the running and tackling. One thing I really like is RL fullbacks run the ball back they don't just kick it out - this is one of my favorite part of football the punt return.

RL would certainly be a better option for US athletes who don't quite make it in American football. RL and NFL are very different games they are closer then RU and NFL. I'd love to see some of those guys who don't get picked up out of college to learn league in a professional environment to see what they can do.

Latest posts