What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grand Finalists/ Premiership?

footy75

Bench
Who do you think plays in the Grand Final and who do you think will win it all?

Before the weekend I was all over the Roosters. Now I think they will find it a little harder with their injuries. Good depth, still a huge chance.

I like the Cowboys now.

Sleeping Giants..the Dogs

tomdl

Bench
Ideally would like a Broncos vs Cowboys GF, but the Cowboys chances hinge on whether or the severity of Morgan's injury. Bulldogs are probably the favourites to win the comp now imo

Last edited:

alien

Referee
depends on injuries. if roosters have jwh and pearce out for the season then i don't think they'll win the comp. if the cowboys have morgan and tamou out for the season then i don't think they'll win the comp either. if gi was out for the season then souths wouldn't go back to back, but it sounds like he is ok and will be playing on thursday night. could be a broncos v rabbitohs grandfinal. . .

rabbitohs95

Bench
Steven Bradbury is a chance.

Pretty much a good way of putting it now that some of the top sides have serious injuries.

Roosters - JWH (season), Pearce (long term)
Cowboys - Tamou, Morgan (long term)
Souths - Inglis (week to week)
Storm - Slater (season)
Bulldogs - Lichaa (season)

Now the likes of the Broncos (I put them there because its the first year in yonks they've become contenders), and even the Sharks have better chances of upsetting the top dogs.

It's gonna be an interesting finals but it's a shame so many players are under an injury cloud, especially the calibre of players.

Canard

Immortal
Pretty much a good way of putting it now that some of the top sides have serious injuries.

Roosters - JWH (season), Pearce (long term)
Cowboys - Tamou, Morgan (long term)
Souths - Inglis (week to week)
Storm - Slater (season)
Bulldogs - Lichaa (season)

Now the likes of the Broncos (I put them there because its the first year in yonks they've become contenders), and even the Sharks have better chances of upsetting the top dogs.

It's gonna be an interesting finals but it's a shame so many players are under an injury cloud, especially the calibre of players.

Having Lichaa on that list:lol:

Hutty1986

Immortal
Cowboys, Broncs or Roosters. Morgan's fitness the big question mark for the Cows, but they can still win the comp without him the way JT is going.

alien

Referee
Cowboys, Broncs or Roosters. Morgan's fitness the big question mark for the Cows, but they can still win the comp without him the way JT is going.

yeah i'm not sure about that. he takes alot of pressure off jt, and tamou out is a big loss too. do you think roosters have a good chance of winning the comp if pearce and jwh are out for the season??? i don't

Hutty1986

Immortal
yeah i'm not sure about that. he takes alot of pressure off jt, and tamou out is a big loss too. do you think roosters have a good chance of winning the comp if pearce and jwh are out for the season??? i don't

The thing that makes Nth Qld so dangerous this year is that the whole spine is setting up tries-Coote, Granville also terrific players. Tamou's sweet apparently, so he'll be back possibly next week. Thurston's form is just immense, I'd back him in to win the Cowboys the title.

Evenflow

Bench
If my team can't win it i'd really like the Cows to out of everyone else but in saying that they'll find it mighty tough to do without Morgan. As brilliant as JT is and has been i think the emergence of Morgan this year and his combo with JT has been a massive reason for their ladder position. Don't get me wrong, Morgan always had plenty of talent but this season especially he's just really stepped up and shown it.

As for the Grand Finalists and winners, i'm sitting right on the fence ATM and waiting until the finals actually start. There's still 2 games to go with finalists playing finalists so there's plenty of twists and turns to play out before final ladder positions are settled. Not to mention injuries just last night that happened which can make or break teams chances.

Long long way to go and you can't pencil in or write of any side. Many people were saying the Storm were gone when Slater went down without having a clue as Storm fans did how talented Munster was and he's filled in more than admirably. We've got a shitload of work to do but we're also not without a chance especially if we can jag that last 4 spot. It's so close and it's literally anyone's at the moment.

TheVelourFog

First Grade

Tamou is not a big loss

has one good game in four

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Broncos, Cows or Melbourne. The Cows have depth to cover their injuries. They'll miss Morgan taking pressure off JT but otherwise they're uneffected.

There is a very good chance the QLD derby will be the GF this year.