What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panthers's Terminate Cleary's Contract

nick87

Coach
Pretty shocked by that
I thought Cleary would be on a hot seat this year but it's hard to blame him for what went on this year given their entire team was based out of Nepean hospital

I would really love to see Gould roll the dice with the Walker brothers
It's a way out of the box though

Big Salad

Juniors
There's no way Gus would bank his own job on the Walker brothers at this point in time.

I know he had his flaws at the Broncos but Hook did a good job in bringing through the younger players into the top grade team. I suspect Gould is looking at the same thing with their NYC players coming through and I'm sure Hook will fix some of the areas that let him down at the Broncos.

Pantherjim.

Referee
I have no f**king idea what planet Gould is on at present.

Cleary takes us to within a bee's dick of a Grand Final berth last season and just because we don't make the eight this season he f*cks him off??

ek999

First Grade
Lol if they replace Cleary with Griffin. I thought Brennan was meant to be a Supercoach of the future. At least that is how Gus has talked him up when other coaching jobs have come up

Still not the stupidest coaching decision of the day though

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I think Ivan best role is Football Operations Manager.

Over seeing all graded players, scouting and junior development.
Salary Cap management of all grades.
Player contract negotiations.
Player welfare. time and code of conduct management.
Rehabilitation, Physios, Doctors.
Coaching Hiring (all grades).

Any team would benefit.

Leaving the first grade and all grade coaches to coach.
Leaving the CEO to run the entire business, sponsor, leagues club, marketing etc whilst knowing the cap is within the rules with minimal back end risk.

So sure hire Ivan warriors
If cappy goes put Stacey in charge with Ivan to be there as a sound board.

Just IMO.

Dodgy

Juniors
As a panthers fan from Melbourne. This is a surprise to me. I hope he knows what he's doing. After an injury stricken year. I thought you'd want to see how next year went before making a decision.

tumbidragon

First Grade
Wow. Pretty harsh on Ivan. Thought he's been doing a great job considering the circumstances?
Back to NZ?

nomis88

Juniors
Ha, you have to be kidding right?

Welcome to 2011 at the Warriors. We let Cleary go for someone without NRL coaching experience. We haven't made the finals since. And if it's Griffin :lol::lol:

2 seasons ago, he turns a rabble around in 2-3 seasons to 2-3 points off a GF. Next year, he loses his spine for the majority of the year and is sacked.

Absolutely f**ked.

Agree, as stupid as the decision to sack Toovey.

Vic Mackey

Referee
There's no way Gus would bank his own job on the Walker brothers at this point in time.

I know he had his flaws at the Broncos but Hook did a good job in bringing through the younger players into the top grade team. I suspect Gould is looking at the same thing with their NYC players coming through and I'm sure Hook will fix some of the areas that let him down at the Broncos.

Yeah he did a great job picking Ben hunt as a bench hooker for 3 years

some11

Referee
The Hook and Wallace Dream Team™

Panthers fans deserve better.

Get ready for an entire season of players out of position, one-out and eradication of all non-structured play.

Incorrect

Coach
Of all the coaches who have been moved on in the last couple of years, Griffin wouldn't be the one I'd back to turn things around in a hurry at a middling/struggling club. I reckon Mick Potter would be a better bet tbh, Toovey also. But the the thing with Toovey is he inherited a team with a Rolls Royce backline and a decent pack up until 2015...

I dunno, maybe it will prove an inspired choice but at the minute the only word coming to mind is... Meh...

Sime_11

Juniors
surely Brennan gets a crack, he coached most of the juniors that have come through over the last few years,

No way in the world he's been turfed for underperformance. He's inked his next contract and Gus has marched him.

Latest posts