What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Barba

carcharias

Immortal
You have missed the entire point of my thread. Bravo.

I don't care if Barba is pushed out. I care about who is pushing him out and why.

If he got pushed out for coming back to training F A T fat and having a bad attitude I would be all for it.

He is being pushed out because our Captain and his posse of mean girls want him gone. There is a difference in Wayne Bennet recruiting Darius and Milford to Gallen being a sly merkin looking out for his own best interests.

The point of my thread is, Gallen is a piece of shit, and has a posse of shit stains running the show, not Barba going to Manly.

Is that clear now?

Ok
How is this in Gallens best interest?

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I'm not suggesting it is either coach or Gallen pulling the strings.
I'm just pointing out a few things that people seem to forget.
Like that Barba wasn't good enough for Bennett.
He preferred to pay him to play for us.

why?
Not sure why Bennett did that, would suggest he had the players he want and Barba was surplus to requirements.

Question is if he was not good enough for Bennett, and seeming not good enough for Flanno or Gallen why the hell did we sign him? Who's call was that?

I personally do not think it is the captains place to be critical of his team mates in the media. Behind close doors by all means, ever seen Smith or Lockyer bag off a team mate?

I can handle the coach giving a public kick in the bum on the odd occasion, but not the captain, never.

Anyways I think the concern is the pull a certain group of players have.

Seems as though the dog is walking the master.

Heel!!!!

carcharias

Immortal
I find it impossible to believe you are this f**king stupid. If you think my post is about Barba being released, read it again.
Please point out where I have even got into debating Gallen in all of this.
When you can't ..then go f**k yourself.

Just because I am not crapping on about your mean girls club
theory doesn't mean I have missed any point.

As I have said Barba was given the flick by Bennet before us.
Maybe there is a reason for that.
Maybe there is a reason now it is happening here too.
I dunno.
I'm not the one making the claims.

TRIALS

Juniors
although you have good oil Cb4 ...your an out an out f**kwit.
know it all, straight to insults if someone questions your opinion.

Your attitude in here is not dissimilar to the attitude your accusing Gal of having and crying about.

Im not getting into a four page argument with you, so do your best.

cb4

First Grade
Please point out where I have even got into debating Gallen in all of this.
When you can't ..then go f**k yourself.

Please point out where I am making this all about Barba being released, when you can't go f**k yourself.

Just because I am not crapping on about your mean girls club
theory doesn't mean I have missed any point.

You clearly have. I don't care if any player gets a release, it's why they get a release. The point you missed.

As I have said Barba was given the flick by Bennet before us.

And? Lewis was released by Penrith but I don't see any smear campaigns about him being F A T, when all he really is, is I N J U R E D.

Maybe there is a reason for that.

Possibly. But did you notice that the Bronco's did it the professional way. By having a meeting and having the decency to allow him to move to another club with no mud stuck to him

Maybe there is a reason now it is happening here too.
I dunno.
I'm not the one making the claims.

Maybe there is now. But giving someone a rumour of him being F A T and then starting a smear campaign against him is not the way the club should be run. That's my point.
I don't care if Barba is released, but don't call him fat and shit and then wonder why we can't get him off the books.

although you have good oil Cb4 ...your an out an out f**kwit.
know it all, straight to insults if someone questions your opinion.

Your attitude in here is not dissimilar to the attitude your accusing Gal of having and crying about.

Im not getting into a four page argument with you, so do your best.

Cool. There is no capital c in my name.

carcharias

Immortal
Cmon
Where have I even questioned your claims dickhead?

Read the first line of my first post in a thread called "Ben Barba ".

Or is this a CB4 hates Gallen bird Flanagan and wade graham only thread?

I wasn't even talking about anything you bloody posted .
Yet you seemed to think it was your super inside info duty to hang shit on me.

cb4

First Grade
And I am the one who gets slandered for abusing people...

Yes, this is about Barba getting forced out of the club.

No, I don't hate Flanno, Bird or Graham. My stance is on Gallen and his mean girl group.

Yes you were. You also made a claim that we got pumped with Barba at fullback in a game. The same game that featured a lot more of our stars. Convenient.

You missed the point of the thread. I am explaining it to you now. Take it as you want. But you have been wrong so far.

Ricey

Juniors
cb4 you are whinging because someone said something about you abusing people...I've just skimmed over this thread & have already seen you call Jack Bird a twinkie & Gallen a piece of shit.

You're also bitching about people spreading rumors... which is exactly what this thread is doing.

Fu*k your a precious little thing aren't you...that must be why you are obsessed with mean girls.

cb4

First Grade
cb4 you are whinging because someone said something about you abusing people...I've just skimmed over this thread & have already seen you call Jack Bird a twinkie & Gallen a piece of shit.

You're also bitching about people spreading rumors... which is exactly what this thread is doing.

Fu*k your a precious little thing aren't you...that must be why you are obsessed with mean girls.

Finally, someone gets it.

Ads

First Grade
The club is a basket case. One player should not have this much power. Hopefully Barba tells them to get f**ked and kills it in pre season because in good form he's our best attacking weapon.

Card Shark

Immortal
Are we talking Flanno or Gallen?

Coach was the one who hired him. Perhaps he wants him gone, it is his job no issue.

If I recollect correctly, Flanno didn't sign him.

He was under suspension, wasn't he...not allowed to talk to the club.

Maybe he didn't want Barba & said as much (on the quiet), but they got him anyway....& now he's showing who's boss by now trying to oust him.

Probably, the bloke is a dead set pussy.

Been told that he coward in a corner quicker than a puppy in a storm when dealing with the NRL over the Fifita incident.
I bet if it was one of the inner bum chums though he would have been on the front foot.

He is too busy trying to make a European atmosphere at games than he is dealing with the bigger issues at the club.

Major sponsor yes, but he isn't killing off the major problems we are facing.

Well I started suspecting Gorman was under the cover of darkness midyear when the Flanno/Gallen fiasco occurred on the Sam Newman Show.
He let Gallen go to the media and straight out lie about the boys going to the media and call them names when EVERYONE knew that was a load of shyte.
In this case he is letting the Gal/Flan Show run their mouths off to the media in negative comments and "leaking" info to the Sloth.
A strong club does not need to play these games. They just get on with what needs to be done.
Are you reading Mr.Gorman?

Last edited:

Card Shark

Immortal
Gorman is improving the image of the club, an image that has been badly tarnished in the last 6 or 7 years, with repeated off field incidents...followed by ASADA.

He will have worked out there is a clique in the club but disassembling it atm will have a negative impact on his first agenda, above. Most are not privy to the politics of the team & wouldn't be happy if Gal wasn't resigned or Bird was told to play centre, not fullback. Would be a brave man to upset the applecart atm.

chewsta

First Grade
Hey Carch, the other day in another thread, I think it was you that mentioned you have heard rumblings about shit happening. Is it the same stuff in this thread mate or something entirely different?

southland

Juniors
Gorman is improving the image of the club, an image that has been badly tarnished in the last 6 or 7 years, with repeated off field incidents...followed by ASADA.

He will have worked out there is a clique in the club but disassembling it atm will have a negative impact on his first agenda, above. Most are not privy to the politics of the team & wouldn't be happy if Gal wasn't resigned or Bird was told to play centre, not fullback. Would be a brave man to upset the applecart atm.

Agree with this summary. Lyall's work so far has been positive but what needs to happen and many have expressed it since 2012, is the removal and reset of Flan and Gal. This is the cultural shift that Lyall so enthusiastically talks about.

Flan survived 2015 based on results from the second half of the year. If there is a performance clause in his contract I get the impression that Lyall would gladly pull the trigger and off Flann next season.

Gal will depart on his own terms after next year. It would have been awesome to have Gal step down from the captaincy and play prop for 60mins per game this season but alas super coach and the inner click stop this type of dignity and team spirt in its tracks.

Can't really blame young Bird for being singleminded about wanting 5/8 or fb if this is the sick culture he is amongst. While he is without doubt an awesome instinctive nrl quality player, he sure isn't the sharpest mind going around. What would really suck is if Flan put the idea of fullback into Bird's mind in order to resign him, thinking he would be able to convince him to play another position and now Bird won't let it go. In order to clean up this mess, the mean girls are pushing the logical choice for fb to the outer.

Things may have been very different if Graham, at the end of last season, had been made captain this year. It may have separated him from the bullshit and made him think of the team rather than the posse.

standard procedure from sharks. things looking good, players fighting

as for bird.

Tim Smith also won the Rookie of The Year.
thats all ill say about that.

why would he want barba gone?
why doesnt he want whats best for the club? i mean ultimately if we win a comp his legacy is assured etc.

Well he's on a 4 year deal, this year and next year the clique will be the same GalFlan, his third year the clique will change to FlanWad.
When does he upset the applecart, in his last year?
Granted he is doing a good job in changing the clubs image but we all know it can all come crashing down with just one pizz.
Which brings me to the Bubbler, none of our players should be allowed to publicly hang out with him while he is trying to sue the club. I have no problems with the players staying mates with him but us supporters have been around longer and will be here long after they've left. To me it shows that they dont care that the f**kwit is trying to hurt the club.
That could be stopped by a strong club leader, but GalWad run the club so it won't happen.
Are you reading Mr.Gorman?

island pro

Juniors
standard procedure from sharks. things looking good, players fighting

as for bird.

Tim Smith also won the Rookie of The Year.
thats all ill say about that.

why would he want barba gone?
why doesnt he want whats best for the club? i mean ultimately if we win a comp his legacy is assured etc.

Because he might not be the star if Barba shines or Feefs gets his head screwed on straight?

I dunno, but he sure does seem to love being Don Pablo. No room for that shit at a successful club.

As for Carch, I think he was just trying to make a side point, well aware that it was not specific to cb4's issue. Not sure why he couldn't do that. The creator of the thread doesn't really get to decide where the thread goes.