What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Walking Dead

DiegoNT

First Grade
Jesus you merkins are hard to please

I think the problem is people judge the show as an a-grade show, like the sopranos, game of thrones or breaking bads of the world. While it has the potential to be an a-grafe show it has always been more of a well made b-grade show that shouldn't be taken to seriously.

I think the problem is people judge the show as an a-grade show, like the sopranos, game of thrones or breaking bads of the world. While it has the potential to be an a-grafe show it has always been more of a well made b-grade show that shouldn't be taken to seriously.

Exactly right, I mentioned this fact a few seasons ago. A lot of people disagreed.

mackdadday

Juniors
Eugene almost bit some guy's dick off. What more could you want?? I hope he gets a spin-off now. The Dead Walking Dicks.

PJ

First Grade
No, I'm not expecting it to be BB or Sopranos level.

But it is becoming very much rinse and repeat with 60-70% of the show being filler.

This season has really been little more than a bridge to Negan. Could have easily lost 3-4 episodes by tightening things up.

I'm starting to find it boring and two others in the household have given up.

Much more interested in Fear now than the original.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
I disagree on the filler statement. They stretch things out no doubt, but they've always said that TWD is a character drama. That means they need to spend a lot of time focused on the characters between the major events.

It's certainly not going to be for everyone and a zombie apocalypse story is not the usual or ideal setting for it because fans of the genre usually want more than that.

Still, I really haven't seen much that I would describe as aimless "filler". The majority of things have served a purpose (either immediately or in the long term) for the most part.

The Morgan episode was probably the most obvious instance of filler that comes to mind, but that one was definitely squeezed in there for budget reasons to allow them to do the bigger stuff more than anything else.

T.S Quint

Coach

Well put.

God-King Dean

Immortal
I used to be right into this. Loved seasons 1-3. I eventually got bored of it at the first few eps of S.5.

I've picked up on about the last 5 episodes.... & I feel I haven't missed a damn thing - & I really haven't. It's just the same shit over & over now.

mackdadday

Juniors
One of the captive four is going to get it. One of the ladies would be my guess. Rosita is the most easily replaceable.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
I don't see it being a female.

Glenn/Abraham/Morgan/Daryl

Morgan is off doing his Carol thing so he's probably safe

Daryl just got the "is he dead" moment at the end of last ep and has that whole Dwight feud to carry him through to next season so I'm calling safe

Glenn/Abraham - come on down.

Misanthrope

Staff member
That episode (East) might have been one of the most infuriatingly poorly written episodes this show has ever put together. I defend TWD's lazy writing a lot, but this one just took the cake.

The six most seasoned fighters the show has just all decide to leave on the same day? I can buy Carol's departure due to the build and I can almost accept somebody going after her, but why wasn't it Daryl? Far better motivation than him suddenly deciding he cared about the chubby lesbian enough to put the entire town at risk. And why did Rosita go?

And why the f**k did Glenn and Michonne also go?

Seriously, I get that you need to set up a big finale and reveal for Negan, but making five characters do something stupid is just lazy writing.

Don't even get me started on that stupid f**king cliffhanger. If it's real, it's a shitty way to kill off a fan favourite. If it's fake (which seems more likely), it's a shitty cliffhanger so soon after the last fake out death.

And what's with Maggie's miscarriage scare? Are we supposed to care about that when you immediately follow it with the teased death of a character we actually care about?

Ugh. Just shitty writing all round.

And my money would be on Glenn getting it for comic book reasons, but I'd imagine that Abraham is a more logical choice given the recent focus on him versus the lack of focus on Glenn.

bileduct

Coach
Come on guys! You're way too demanding to expect the quality of work that is normally associated with good shows.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Daryl's not dead.

These cliffhangers are starting to get a bit annoying I must admit.

Maggie/Carol/Daryl are all going to be fine, they're just trying to create red herrings to distract from the person/people who are really going to die

Aside from that none of it bothered me. Daryl didn't know about Carol and his beef with Dwight goes back further than Denise.

Michonne/Glenn went after Daryl to get him back (wrong time, wrong place) and they tried to leave after he made it clear he wasn't coming back.

It's not award winning and only serves to go from A to B, but meh, there was nothing completely devoid of logic or reason.

whall15

Coach
US TV ratings

last ep Walking Dead - ~12mil
last ep Better Call Saul - ~2mil

Pretty sad really considering the flappy man montage on the last episode of Better Call Saul was about 100x better than anything this season on The Walking Dead.

Oh well, looking forward to a couple of weeks time when Orphan Black starts for some well-written television.

Latest posts