What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2106 R13 vs Roosters

Ron's_Mate

Bench
I suppose there might be some doubt about how Farah & Woods will back up from Origin, but looks like a good team. Great to see JAC in and Milone out.

BrotherJim05

Bench
It is so refreshing seeing players being picked on form. I am very surprised to see Rankin at fullback in NSW cup team. If Moses was to get injured would Littlejohn replace him?

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sunday 5th June, Allianz 4pm

1. James Tedesco
2. David Nofoaluma
3. Tim Simona
4. Kevin Naiqama
5. Josh Addo-Carr
6. Mitchell Moses
7. Luke Brooks
8. Aaron Woods
9. Robbie Farah
10. Ava Seumanufagai
11. Josh Aloiai
12. Chris Lawrence
13. Elijah Taylor

Interchange:
14. Sauaso Sue
15. Matt Ballin
16. Tim Grant
17. Dene Halatau
18. Kyle Lovett
19. JJ Felise .
Imagine if the bench went
14. Halatau
15. Lovett
16. Ballin
17. Cherrington

We'd have 4 bloks who have all played at hooker for us this year on the bench.

IN all seriousness though, Drop Halatau. Who else to drop off that bench is tricky.

Ballin has to be there, Farah will be shot after Origin because he will no doubt be doing all of Reynolds and Maloney's tackling.

I'd almost rest him to be honest.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Imagine if the bench went
14. Halatau
15. Lovett
16. Ballin
17. Cherrington

We'd have 4 bloks who have all played at hooker for us this year on the bench.

IN all seriousness though, Drop Halatau. Who else to drop off that bench is tricky.

Ballin has to be there, Farah will be shot after Origin because he will no doubt be doing all of Reynolds and Maloney's tackling.

I'd almost rest him to be honest.

I was thinking the same thing. Farah will want to back up but it would be wiser to rest him. If he does end up backing up when Ballin/Farah makes sense...no use for Halutau on bench. Aloai can't play 80 minutes so Lovett will likely need to be on the bench.

macnaz

Staff member
I would also have tried Rankin for Moses, but no biggie. However, if Moses is quiet again in the Roosters match, next week Rankin is in for him.

Id be happy with that , or even in for Nofo .
Hopefully this is a signal that the side is going to be picked on form and ability .
While Rankin has form i dont believe he can offer more than JAC as a winger , but is safer than Nofo and couldnt do any worse than Moses. So hopefully if those 2 continue their trend of below par games and the selectors really have changed their way of thinking we might see him back

Clifferd

Coach
Well Woods should be right to go he barely had to get through any work with his 35 minute stint on the bench for some reason...Farah got through a ton of work despite being largely ineffective

I'd have Farah coming off the bench and have Ballin at starting hooker. Also would have Felise come on the bench for Halatau but what can you do

Last edited:

magpie guy

Juniors
Well Woods should be right to go he barely had to get through any work with his 35 minute stint on the bench for some reason...Farah got through a ton of work despite being largely ineffective

I'd have Farah coming off the bench and have Ballin at starting hooker. Also would have Felise come on the bench for Halatau but what can you do

I though Farah played really well last night. Didn't over play his hand and had two clutch kicks that got repeat sets as well as getting through a heap of defence. I can see Farah off the bench this weekend with Ballin starting. Let Ballin get some match fitness as well as soaking the early defence and Farah come on after 30 or so.

Woods was definitely under used last night and should be good for his usual stint on the weekend.

I would also rather JJ Felise on the bench as he gives a lot of impact, but I can see the reasoning for carrying Lovett who has a bit more utility. Really do not see the point in carrying Ballin, Lovett and Halatau however.

Clifferd

Coach
Yeah but according to the forum Farah was the reason we lost lol. He had a good 1st half but you could tell the longer the game went on the less effective he was, I thought Walker could have come in around the 55-60th minute mark replacing Farah to try and spark something

Farah basically did all he could
52 tackles
A few forced repeat sets & decent kicking game
Also threw the pass to Morris which was very close to a try

Tigerted

Juniors
Those that r bagging Farah re last nites effort r ignorant illiterate pissants.What more could he do.He had an excellent game & vindicated his selection & support by Daley during last seasons drama with Taylor.

Das Hassler

Bench
Farah went very well and was dominant in the first half. but his service from dummy half was at times erratic and slow as it often is. ....Balin's service from dummy half looks laser guided in comparison. No doubt ..well i hope at least. Dayley will address that for the second game.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I wonder if the fact Reynolds went missing in the second half often left Farah with no option, hence why he looked poor with his service?

Farah had the best kicking game on the night of all the players. Reynolds has got to lift for Game II, otherwise, he won't play again.

Tiger05

First Grade
Those that r bagging Farah re last nites effort r ignorant illiterate pissants.What more could he do.He had an excellent game & vindicated his selection & support by Daley during last seasons drama with Taylor.

He was one of our best players. Kleemer, Farah, Mansour, Jennings and that is about it.

magpie guy

Juniors
I wonder if the fact Reynolds went missing in the second half often left Farah with no option, hence why he looked poor with his service?

Farah had the best kicking game on the night of all the players. Reynolds has got to lift for Game II, otherwise, he won't play again.

Right at the back end of the game he missed a few rucks here and there to be the dummy half which may have added to his service appearing erratic. However, at 53 tackles I think that can be forgiven.

Still on the Origin game, I want to point out that Fifita had like 2 good carries and the few other carries he had came with glacial speed play-the-balls. His defence seemed just a few paces behind the line speed as well. Woods should have been used far more in the back end of the game. I guess Daley was hoping that Fifita would have cause some magic bust or barrel over the line from close range.

Additionally, the Blues had a heap of tackles close to the Qld line but we lacked some real committed crash balls coming back at the ruck or isolating Thurston/Cronk. With the size of the Blues pack there should have been a lot more play directed at the middle. The Qld forwards were completely shot for large periods of the game and the ball kept going to the edges.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Right at the back end of the game he missed a few rucks here and there to be the dummy half which may have added to his service appearing erratic. However, at 53 tackles I think that can be forgiven.

Still on the Origin game, I want to point out that Fifita had like 2 good carries and the few other carries he had came with glacial speed play-the-balls. His defence seemed just a few paces behind the line speed as well. Woods should have been used far more in the back end of the game. I guess Daley was hoping that Fifita would have cause some magic bust or barrel over the line from close range.
Fifita was getting the ball too flat, he needs to be running on to it. His play the balls were a joke - he would take ages to get up, then pause to sledge whoever was at marker, and then finally get around to playing the ball. Slowed the Blues right down.

Clifferd

Coach
Pearce & Cordner both out of Roosters this Sunday. So this game turns from a maybe to a game we should probably win

T.T

Juniors
We should win this game but who knows what team will turn up.

I'm fine with Rankin being dropped. Lets be realistic, he's nothing special and at best wouldn't offer much more than what Moses can besides defence.

Definitely our strongest team so far this year. Only change I would make is Felise for Halatau. I'm also still not 100% sold on Aloiai. He is young and improving week to week though.

Clifferd

Coach
Tbh I think Rankin this year has shown more promise then Nofo , he has been very disappointing

If he doesn't aim up the next couple weeks I can see Rankin replacing him & Nofo being dropped

Vic Mackey

Referee
We should win this game but who knows what team will turn up.

I'm fine with Rankin being dropped. Lets be realistic, he's nothing special and at best wouldn't offer much more than what Moses can besides defence.

Definitely our strongest team so far this year. Only change I would make is Felise for Halatau. I'm also still not 100% sold on Aloiai. He is young and improving week to week though.

If we entertain any thoughts of challenging for the 8 (which is really 9 now) this is a must win game. Roosters have been terrible all year, missing 3 keys players, whilst we're fielding as close to full strength as you're likely to get and have won 3 of our last 4.

I think aloiais been good for a rookie forward. He missed the first half of pre season with a hip injury so his fitness is still lacking a bit. He also got mucked around abit position wise. He's played all his juniors as an edge Forward yet played the first 9 or so games in the middle. Now he's back on the edge and once Moses and him play a bit more together I think he'll prove very damaging.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Tbh I think Rankin this year has shown more promise then Nofo , he has been very disappointing

If he doesn't aim up the next couple weeks I can see Rankin replacing him & Nofo being dropped
I agree, Nofo must be on thin ice form wise.

Latest posts