What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suitman

Post Whore
The other reason I don't post much any more is the fact I just couldn't give a shit. This Eels forum is the epitome of everything that spells failure at our club.
The last two days has proven that more than ever.

emjaycee

Coach
As a responsible board member i would rather Garrard and company not have allowed the cheating to occur in the first place and then i would have liked them to take accountability for it happening under their watch.

phantom eel

First Grade
And by the way, if we elect another politician to run this club please kill me...
The sad thing is that anyone who becomes a Director through election will, by definition, be a politician.

Small 'p' politician maybe (when comapred to those who've served in parliament or council), but running for these Club elections is still politics none the less. It takes a certain type...

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
The sad thing is that anyone who becomes a Director through election will, by definition, be a politician.

Small 'p' politician maybe (when comapred to those who've served in parliament or council), but running for these Club elections is still politics none the less. It takes a certain type...

That's exactly right.

84 Baby

Referee
The other reason I don't post much any more is the fact I just couldn't give a shit. This Eels forum is the epitome of everything that spells failure at our club.
The last two days has proven that more than ever.

Come on Suity. Gary's knob fractions poll wasn't that bad

eel01s

Bench
FFS if those comments attributed to Garrard don't epitomize everything wrong with our Management structure then I give up.

No more pollies on our boards please. These imbeciles on the current board had ample opportunity to come clean but chose to try and hide it. They deserve everything they get because they have ensured we will cop the harshest possible penalty.

84 Baby

Referee
Well if we somehow get off, he's positioning himself to be in power.
If we don't get off, well none of the directors were going to survive anyway

emjaycee

Coach
Well if we somehow get off, he's positioning himself to be in power.
If we don't get off, well none of the directors were going to survive anyway

Imagine having him as our Chairman - it really is a scary thought.
I watched him closely during the recent trip to Darwin and the only thing scarier than having him as Chairman would be having the former State member as Chairperson.

Chipmunk

Coach
The PNRL are a wholly owned subsidiary of the PLC, so the NRL can't simply force the PLC to give away the PNRL.

Yep, I'm suggesting that (in the absence of a better plan) the NRL take the right to run the footy team away from the muppets who have demonstrated quite emphatically that they can't do it (or at least threaten to do so). Give the PLC some time to sort itself out without the interference of day-to-day football team performance. As it stands, anyone who tries to take long-term decisions will get whiteanted by the selfish, short-sighted, local heroes of every political leaning who have collectively done so magnificently in the past.

I don't disagree with your thoughts, I just don't see it happening.

Chipmunk

Coach
You can contract in the right to match the highest bidder, and that will be 100% enforceable. That's obviously not the only way to do it. You could make the license simply revert to the PLC conditional on major structural reforms being implemented. Or we could just watch the current circus.

Once the NRL took the licence off the PLC, why would the NRL care who they sold the licence too?

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...w/news-story/71c9db423ddb88815580469cb681e3f3

Eels director says Geoff Gerard should walk way now

The Australian
12:00AM June 15, 2016

Brent Read
Senior sports writer
Sydney

Parramatta director Paul Garrard yesterday insisted he had no desire to walk away from the club as it emerged the Eels had claimed in their response to the NRL that crucial pieces of evidence were either missing or wrongly attributed in transcripts of recorded board meetings.

Garrard, responding to suggestions from director Geoff Gerard that the entire board should stand aside at a scheduled board meeting today, said he still had work to do as he and his fellow directors negotiate their way through the ongoing salary cap scandal.

Along with Tanya Gadiel and Andrew Cordwell, Garrard has played an influential role in formulating the club’s response to allegations of widespread cap rorting amounting to $3 million over the past four years.

The Eels are hoping their submissions, which were sent to the game’s governing body last Friday, will mitigate some of the proposed sanctions from the NRL — the club are staring at the loss of 12 competition points and a $1m fine.

It is understood that the Eels’ response suggested some of the evidence from the recordings of board meetings was attributed to the wrong club officials.

“I will resign after my period of election,” Garrard said.

“I have been elected for a period and that is it. If there is early board elections I will consider that when the time comes. If he (Gerard) wants to resign, if it is too hot in the kitchen, get out.

“Get out, we have work to do. We have put an answer to the breach notice last week. I think it is a very heady and well documented, factual statement. It would make great reading if it was public.

“It would answer a lot of the allegations.”

While Garrard is intent on staying put, the board is also under fire from at least two groups aiming to force an extraordinary general meeting in a bid to remove the existing directors — chairman Steve Sharp, deputy chairman Tom Issa and Peter Serrao are all suspended subject to a final decision from the NRL.

Garrard insists he is not concerned about the threat of an EGM and pointed to the work he and the board had done over the past 12 months in response to questions from the NRL over the club’s governance.

“I am trying to work out as reason why you would want to stand down,” Garrard said.

“I have been on the board with at least two other new people, we have worked our arse off doing a whole stack of stuff people were happy with.

“That all came about because of the initial fine last year. Three days after we came into power we had that fine put on us and we had to satisfy the NRL by introducing a governance review.

“I didn’t hear anyone say to sack us then. We worked our arses off. The problems you have now wouldn’t have happened had the governance happened in the past.

“If you want big decisions we have done that. Interesting that some people wish to resign — well they can do that. If they don’t want to participate in the hard work, they can do that.”

Asked whether he was disappointed with Gerard going public with his plans to step aside, Garrard said: “Politely I am. I thought there was an appreciation within the board that only the chairman would speak. That hasn’t happened. I have agreed to that and so did Geoff. Clearly Geoff is of another mind. I can see where Geoff is coming from as well as the other people who have come out.

“They need to look after their backside. I am there to resolve the issue of 12 competition points and $1 million fine. That has to be our principle focus at the moment, not this business about what what is happening next month.

“The people making the allegations publicly all seem to have a vested interest for wanting to get on the board, not the least that they missed out on election 12 months ago.”

As well as the NRL allegations, Parramatta is also facing an investigation by the Office of Liquor and Gaming, and the fraud squad.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
FFS if those comments attributed to Garrard don't epitomize everything wrong with our Management structure then I give up.

No more pollies on our boards please. These imbeciles on the current board had ample opportunity to come clean but chose to try and hide it. They deserve everything they get because they have ensured we will cop the harshest possible penalty.

Unfortunately it is often the best pollies that get voted in.

Chipmunk

Coach
Now the decision is next week.
It seems like the original breach notice every time they would say it would happen next week it would change to the following week and it dragged on for another month.

Like this atm with the breach notice response. June 3 was the original date for the response

I would say the final decision, on a week when we have the bye, has probably been planned for sometime. I'd expect it to be announced either next Thursday or Friday. Unless they want to mask it with Origin, when it will be announced Monday or Tuesday.

Once the NRL took the licence off the PLC, why would the NRL care who they sold the licence too?

Coz they'd be on more solid legal ground if the license was effectively suspended rather than terminated. And they probably recognise that the PLC has quite a bit of influence over many fans (for better or worse).

Status
Not open for further replies.