What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Postivies for 2016

Sigurd

Juniors
1. Just watching Souffs vs Bullgrubs and right now and the biggest positive I can see is the form, or lack of it, of Josh Morris and especially his rat brother.

2. Host and if he stays, Leilua look the goods for the future. Milne also showed promise. Pretty grim when a team as bad as this only brings through 3 young players in an entire season.

thebigredv

First Grade
I know this thread is about positives but it has honestly been the worst season ever in my time supporting this club. Just whenever you thought things couldn't get any worse, each time they have found a new way to disappoint, frustrate and utterly depress their supporters. The day McGregor is sacked, there will be a parade in the streets of Kogarah. What an awful leader.

Dragons 09

Juniors
Mary only has one year left on his contract now.
Re-signed some good young talent.
Host, Milne and Luci getting some game time.
We beat the scum
We will finish higher than 13th on the ladder (13th is where i had us pegged at the start of the season)
Frizz getting selected for Origin.
Widdop's selection each week has ensured Vas and his many incarnations have continued to entertain us.

Sigurd

Juniors
Mary only has one year left on his contract now.
Re-signed some good young talent.
Host, Milne and Luci getting some game time.
We beat the scum
We will finish higher than 13th on the ladder (13th is where i had us pegged at the start of the season)
Frizz getting selected for Origin.
Widdop's selection each week has ensured Vas and his many incarnations have continued to entertain us.
I don't know who "Vas" is. I have been over this many times and to be honest, it's quite annoying my now.

epDragon62

First Grade
Friz
Milne
Mann
Host
Continued development of Aitken
Packer
Mose hopefully improves the park for next year
Luciano if he stays
Dufty seemingly being weighed up as a genuine prospect now
Rein gone
Mary max one more year unless the idiots cannot be controlled

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Positives for 2016:

1. We found out for sure how sh#t McGregor is as a coach.
2. The rise and fall and rise again of Kurt Mann
3. The truth of how good Taane Milne can be
4. The correct decision to fight for and sign Russell Packer
5. The rise of Tyson Frizell to SOO player
6. The realisation finally that both Rein and Marshall had to go and withdraw extension offers
7. Tony Ayoub
8. Jason Demetriou
9. U20's and Cutters playing finals footy
10. Did I mention how sh#t McGregor is as a coach?

Coffs dragon

Bench
Both Steve Price and Craig Young have dropped down a position in the ranking list of ....
Worst ever Dragons coach.
Mary will hold the number 1 position and remain there virtually unbeatable and a pure master in deflection.

giboz71

First Grade
I was going through our 9 wins this year:

Souths - Torrential rain at the SCG. GI brain snap at the bell going for a FG
Penrith - Duges bailed us out in the last minute running over Sowie
Gold Coast - got away to early lead, struggled to hold on
Roosters - ANZAC Day, same as above
Raiders - Wighton and Rapana gifted us a win in golden point
Cows - Depleted because of Origin.
Storm - Same as above
Knights - by far the worst side in the comp. Good sides have been putting 50 on them
Sharks - the only good performance the year. People asking who those guys in the Red V were that week?

So after 6 months and 25 rounds, 1 lousy decent performance the whole year.

So if I'm looking for positives this year, no, there are none.

Sigurd

Juniors
I was going through our 9 wins this year:

Souths - Torrential rain at the SCG. GI brain snap at the bell going for a FG
Penrith - Duges bailed us out in the last minute running over Sowie
Gold Coast - got away to early lead, struggled to hold on
Roosters - ANZAC Day, same as above
Raiders - Wighton and Rapana gifted us a win in golden point
Cows - Depleted because of Origin.
Storm - Same as above
Knights - by far the worst side in the comp. Good sides have been putting 50 on them
Sharks - the only good performance the year. People asking who those guys in the Red V were that week?

So after 6 months and 25 rounds, 1 lousy decent performance the whole year.

So if I'm looking for positives this year, no, there are none.
F**k! It has been that bad! And remember we just held on against Newcastle as well.

Red V for life

Juniors
I got a lot of work done around the house this footy season as I only needed to watch 10-15 minutes to know what was going to happen so that was a positive.

Mann, Milne, Packer and Sims (even though he came very late) have impressed me. The Sharks game just gone was awesome.

However, you know what they say...it only takes one negative to wipe 4 or 5 positives and unfortunately those positives mentioned have been overshadowed by what has been a very ordinary season.

since77

Juniors
Hasn't been many.

Impressed with the way Mann has bounced back from his shocker in round 2. He seems to be a very classy player - too good for the wing.

Rein is leaving.

Marshall is leaving.

Friz getting the rep jersey he deserves.

Sims looks like a good buy.

Can't think of anything else - easily the most depressing season I can remember as a supporter.

Last edited:
Reactions: Qdf