What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spring 2016

Lemon Squash

First Grade
I reckon he is more than capable of surprising and running top half and paying his way.

Will eat up 3200 and loves Flemington

lockyno1

Post Whore
Prepared to wear egg on face but Hartnell simply won't beat or finish ahead of Jameka next Tuesday...just can't see it. The Turnbull win was it's absolute peak this time in.

T.

Agreed, Hartnell should be $40-1 not $4-1!

Won't run 2 miles, not a hope on earth. Have it coming mid field at best.

lockyno1

Post Whore
At this stage, Jameka on top, but Almandin would be my biggest win as I have it each way in early markets at $60-1. Just feel it needs another 12 months to mature.

Watch out for Wicklow Brave, has the form very similar to Max Dynamite last year. Ran a great race beating Order of St George overseas and I had Order of St George an absolute moral. WB did get a lot of luck that day but it is lightly raced and at $20-1 I'll have a little each way on it. One to include in your multiples.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Scottish has been withdrawn from the Cup to run in the Emirate Stakes.

Bugger!! It was going to feature prominently in my exotics.

As for as Wicklow Brave goes, it should be on the aged pension. Wins an Irish St Plodger 11 seconds faster than Kingston Rule won the 1990 (?) Melbourne Cup!!

11 seconds - 400 metres? Doesn't add up sorry. Some cars can't even do that!!

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
I'm a bit pissed off at the moment in trying to get decent, detailed online form for the Cup.

Some sites info is contradictory, especially with regards to margins and weight carried at previous starts. The main culprits are racenet.com and punters.com.au.

One of them even said that Qewy's only career start was in this year's Geelong Cup! It was actually its 23rd start but first in Australia I'd say.

Dumb merkins....

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Qwey will stay all day and finish top 10 but I don't think he has the turn of foot to win a cup. Then again I laughed at Prince of Penzance's chances last year as well.