What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Hunt

ALSGI

Bench
Mate, I hear you loud and clear. It also concerns me as generally they are never as good again and his does appear to be a bad one. I would hope that the donkeys don't push him to play to soon because a) they are rooted without him and b) he's leaving and they don't care.
Agree, and c) he'll want to get back on the field as soon as he can to soothe the Donkeys fans knocking him.

JDHD

Juniors
He should be fine. He's only 27, his body is still pretty resilient and should heal well. As long as he doesn't rush his recovery time and actually gives his body the time to heal instead of rushing back the second he's better than 50%, there should be no lingering side effects. Basically, don't be like Kieran Foran. He's got hamstring issues because he's always half-arsing his recovery time.

Crush

Coach
Agree, and c) he'll want to get back on the field as soon as he can to soothe the Donkeys fans knocking him.
Any way that we can take our 6 million back and give it all to josh mccrone?
He was a weapon on saturday!

Hi All,
Just wondering if Hunt can pull out of his contract with us by the June 30 dead line?
The Broncos must be concerned about their options, especially if the rumour about Bird is true?
The rumoured amount for Bird might be dangled to lure Hunt to stay?
Thoughts?

Alec's-saints

Juniors
Hi All,
Just wondering if Hunt can pull out of his contract with us by the June 30 dead line?
The Broncos must be concerned about their options, especially if the rumour about Bird is true?
Thoughts?
hunt wangs

Alec's-saints

Juniors
Hi All,
Thoughts?
hunt wants to play behind the best foward pack in the comp

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Mate, I hear you loud and clear. It also concerns me as generally they are never as good again and his does appear to be a bad one. I would hope that the donkeys don't push him to play to soon because a) they are rooted without him and b) he's leaving and they don't care.

Hewi
Because the injury happen while playing for them they will be liable untill he is 100%.
So I dout they will stuff it up

Brutalitops

Juniors
Hi All,
Thoughts?
Pretty sure the June 30 thing was dumped after the DCE debacle. Now it's a 10 day cooling off period, but after that, nothing they can do.

JDHD

Juniors
Hi All,
Thoughts?

Nup, he can't. The June 30 deadline for contracts was canned after DCE used the Titans for his own benefit. Every club still needs to finalise their roster by June 30, but individual player contracts have a ten day cooling off period, after which they must be honoured.

Minh

First Grade
Hunt has been by far and away the Broncos's best player this year along with Boyd and I believe we actually got ourselves a bargain now that the likes of Bird and Moses are worth upwards of a million a season. Hunt's weakness his kicking game has improved out of sight this year....Hunt is the go to man now at the Broncos and not the Milf....Hunt a far superior all round half over Milf.....

possm

Coach
I think Hunt will end up being one of our best recruitment decisions in years. As far as a transfer window is concerned, in my opinion it should be the period 1 Nov to 31 Jan.

JDHD

Juniors
Hunt has been by far and away the Broncos's best player this year along with Boyd and I believe we actually got ourselves a bargain now that the likes of Bird and Moses are worth upwards of a million a season. Hunt's weakness his kicking game has improved out of sight this year....Hunt is the go to man now at the Broncos and not the Milf....Hunt a far superior all round half over Milf.....

The only reason we signed Hunt for as much as we did was because three months ago no one wanted a bar of us and we needed to pay overs to attract players. Hunt is not worth $1.2 mil in the same way that Jack Bird is not worth $1.3 mil but I think he's closer to $1 mil than Bird is. He's just gutsy, look at his tackle on Thursday. He took down Latrell Mitchell, a player who would have thirty odd kilos on him and was running at speed on an angle, and he did it on one leg.

Minh

First Grade
The only reason we signed Hunt for as much as we did was because three months ago no one wanted a bar of us and we needed to pay overs to attract players. Hunt is not worth $1.2 mil in the same way that Jack Bird is not worth $1.3 mil but I think he's closer to $1 mil than Bird is. He's just gutsy, look at his tackle on Thursday. He took down Latrell Mitchell, a player who would have thirty odd kilos on him and was running at speed on an angle, and he did it on one leg.

Agree, he definately has heart and so does Bird both great competitors...we did pay overs for Hunt at the time but in this environment now it's looking more like a buy that is on par with his ability and there are far worse would be million dollar a season players on the market.....

possm

Coach
Well, look how we are playing now. Just imagine Hunt and Widdop in the halves, Field on the bench, Kerr in the prop rotation and a fit Leilua in the backrow rotation.

A very competitive team for sure.

Latest posts