What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

I wonder if we will ask for a 24hr extension to name our side for this week since we only played yesterday?
It's allowed i'm pretty sure.

emjaycee

Coach
The way it will work is that French is good but will burn out if we persist with him long term at fullback, especially with his size. That is why Tedesco should be pursued or someone like Dugan. Hayne isn't an option.

Well Dragons don't seem to be missing Bogan at the moment although I for one, don't really want him at Parra.
Tedesco yesterday showed me what a committed and skillful fullback can do. I loved the way he injected himself into dummy half and put on some good plays from there, including the one for Moses' try. Did we ever see JH do as much from dummy half?

I am not as concerned as others about Bevan but wouldn't argue too much with a back 7 of:
1. Tedesco/Bogan
2. French
3. Jennings/Auva'a
4. Gutho
5. Hoffman/GregL/Auva'a
6. Norman
7. Moses

Add these forwards and we may be genuine contenders.
8. Matagi
9. Kaysa
10. Mannah
11. Manu
12. Tepai
13. Brown

14. Edwards
15. Evans
16. Vave
17. Scott/Alvaro/Terepo/Taka/Twal/Ualesi

Avenger

Immortal
Well Dragons don't seem to be missing Bogan at the moment although I for one, don't really want him at Parra.
Tedesco yesterday showed me what a committed and skillful fullback can do. I loved the way he injected himself into dummy half and put on some good plays from there, including the one for Moses' try. Did we ever see JH do as much from dummy half?
Are you serious? Prior to 2014 he carried us and did everything for nearly 8 years. He is an ungrateful f**kwit but was still the best fullback I've ever seen and when in the zone had no peer.

Stevie

Bench
Are you serious? Prior to 2014 he carried us and did everything for nearly 8 years. He is an ungrateful f**kwit but was still the best fullback I've ever seen and when in the zone had no peer.

I think you are right Avenger. Hayne didn't play like Teddy but the difference was for many years we didn't look like scoring until we'd throw the ball to a flat footed Hayne who would cruise along and then fire up the afterburners and score.

Big fan of Teddy but Hayne was a freak.

emjaycee

Coach

I simply asked about his play from dummy half... not his overall play. I liked that aspect of Tedesco's game yesterday and was making a comparison about that only. Not kick returns, broken field running, playmaking, cut out passes, defusing the high ball, cover tackling, last line of defence, etc, etc.

Settle down petal.
:)

Johnny88

Juniors
The kennel seem confident that they have signed Tedesco. They will announce sometime next week.
Is it really a done deal?

Avenger

Immortal
The kennel seem confident that they have signed Tedesco. They will announce sometime next week.
Is it really a done deal?
Great signing if true. How are they now going to fit Foran? The only way is if they shed players that we need like Graham, Jackson, Lichaa, Klemmer, even Reynolds.

Gronk

Staff member
Great signing if true. How are they now going to fit Foran? The only way is if they shed players that we need like Graham, Jackson, Lichaa, Klemmer, even Reynolds.

Pkent said last night that Foran is required to reside in Sydney pursuant to the recent family court custody orders.

So that leaves Tigers, Dogs or maybe Knights.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Would you pay Reynolds the $850k he's after to come off the bench?
You don't need to pay him what he's after, just more than any other club.

That said, clubs looking for an 80 minute player in the halves should have more to spend than clubs looking for an interchange player.