What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paul McGregor - contract extension

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Nows the time Mary to change your name to Paul grow some balls and roll the dice .if you need some advice Mr coast____________dragons will fit right in with your other cronies

Weipa Dragon

Juniors
Bittersweet if true. He did his messed up apprenticeship in a holy f**kup way, but this year he is getting better. Still if we are going by school grades a c+\b- would be my mark for Mary. He has the fit blokes running a lot of fitness drills. Not sure who is the attacking nouse at the club but offload, follow the ball and some good passing out wide is working. Bennet worked a pretty simple plan when we won it too. I can see the wheels falling off just due to the last few years. Scars are healing...

OzDragon

Coach
Let's just calm down a bit. We don't even know if it's been confirmed yet.

sZRU3mQ2RlKybb43tNUK_hssmj8ampkcmmcdsto3h.gif

Face it, he has done well with the team this year, sitting third on the ladder. He seems to have their respect and probably best available on the market at present. For all those who jump up and down please advise your alternative..

HE IS NOT CAPABLE OF WINNING US A PREMIERSHIP, PLEASE OTHERWISE ADVISE WHY HIS CONTRACT SHOULD BE EXTENDED. I CAN'T STAND THIS INHERENT DESIRE FOR MEDIOCRITY (WHICH IS EVERYTHING SHORT OF PREMIERSHIP ASPIRATIONS).

Straight Shooter

Bench
Firstly congratulations on the extension. Now that he has two more years he will need to make plans not just this year. He needs to decide who will replace Dugan and Packer and blood the replacements prior to next season

CarrrnDragons

Juniors
caps lock does not make you more intelligent Blank Shooter... As usual you have provided no alternative..
He will re-sign like Widdop, Lafai, and others who are now performing at a higher standard..
We need to base the judgement on the present performance not history

Walpole

Juniors
HE IS NOT CAPABLE OF WINNING US A PREMIERSHIP, PLEASE OTHERWISE ADVISE WHY HIS CONTRACT SHOULD BE EXTENDED. I CAN'T STAND THIS INHERENT DESIRE FOR MEDIOCRITY (WHICH IS EVERYTHING SHORT OF PREMIERSHIP ASPIRATIONS).

Straight Shooter
And what exactly are you doing to fight this supposed "inherent desire for mediocrity"?

Because if whingeing and bitching about McGregor at every turn is your answer, there's probably a few people who are equally as sick of that.

Old Timer

Coach
If true and he is re-signed for the next few years then that should immediately mean the training wheels are off , he is to be treated as a professional fully fledged NRL coach and not a person that inherited a mess, there are no piss arse lame duck excuses, the buck stops with him re team performance and the contract is is to be treated as a professional master / servant relationship.
With him having the security of his position finalised there is no valid reason for his conservative approach to continue and we should therefore see marked improvement in several areas almost immediately.
If none of the above actually transpires then it will be horrendous so here is hoping and good luck to him and the playing group.

Dragons22

Juniors
As long as he doesn't just give up now, I'm ok with that, got to say I'm very shocked were we are sitting on the ladder at the moment. As long as they but in 100% for the rest of the year and they never have a 2016 again, I'm ok with that.

SaintElroy

Juniors
I personally think he has done a great job this year. Boys are really putting in for each other. Apart from the shuffle against the sharks after aitken went off I think his selections and bench use has been good too. All this bullshit about blooding the younger players is exactly that. He has blooded young lads, you play your best players to win the game not next year. Unless they are better than who's in front of them or demanding selection then they wait. Which is exactly what's been happening.
As for the extension he has earnt it. We are a wooden spoon expected side sitting in third with the best attack. There is no better coach on the market. I wouldn't touch McGuire or Hasler either. Mary seems to be improving and learning from his mistakes. Maybe he is a career coach.

brokendigit

Juniors

Straight Shooter
I've put this question to you before OV, but still waiting on an answer: of the coaches available, who would you sign in McGregor's place? Also, why so shouty today?

ALSGI

Bench
It's not official, so there's still room for mediocre argument here. I reckon he's piss poor letting Storm and Sharks be ahead of us. Personally I'd sack him and hire Dassler or Haguire.

Sharp Dresser