What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paul McGregor - contract extension

mobels

Juniors
The fact he's only signed on for 2 more years and not 3 or 4 shows the club have actually moved forward. He's done well this year and with no decent replacements on the market, i'm fine with him being re-signed.

We lost 3 in a row because of the decisions he made when injuries hit and gained nothing but okay bud and what about the other years the full years.

Roosters game had nothing to do with his coaching decisions, Dugan was forced off for 15 mins and Gareth was out for 50 mins we would've won had those injuries not occurred. Debuting Dufty against the Storm would've completely ruined his confidence as Bellamy would've targeted all his big men towards him all game.

The Sharks game should have seen the debut of Dufty at fullback, which was an absolute winnable game without our troops. We also had to shift Mann out of 5/8th for the majority of the game.

Mary's done well thus far, he's taken a team pegged for the wooden spoon to having them sitting in 3rd.

mickeylane

Bench
2019 is when Bellamys contract ends at Storm - im calling it now like i did in February Doust wants Bellamy - he missed out on him 4 years ago wil go in again in 2 years time...

The Damo

Juniors
Well here's to another 2-3 more years without a Premiership plus another re-build in 5 or so years thanks to Millward and co tying our entire salary cap up in Widdop and Ben "will never play rep footy but gets paid as much as Cameron Smith" Hunt.
The first couple of predictions are possible, though I think unlikely - but if you think Cam "2 contracts" Smith is only getting paid that then I don't know what to tell you.

Tuddy

Juniors
I've been resigned to having McGregor as coach since Cleary was taken off the market. Mary isn't great by any means, but he is getting better and he does have the boys playing for him. Credit to the guy, I certainly feel better about this than I thought I ever would.

The Damo

Juniors
Really? You think he's in the top 3 in a competition that includes Thurston, Cronk, Foran, DCE and Pearce? You think he will be better than those 5 by a country mile next year?

Even by your standards this is a ridiculous statement, mickeylane. He ain't a $6 million halfback, simple as that.
Averaged Over the last 4 years he's been better than DCE and Pearce. Foran is a 5/8 who'll be at the bulldogs probably stinking it up with the rest of them, and Cronk is likely retiring. I think there's a very good chance he's a top 3 halfback for the majority of his contract

MilanDragon

Juniors
You know what - Good on McGregor for securing himself a contract at an NRL club for the next two years.

Now until he wins a premiership people will say he's not the right man for the job and should never have been appointed. But then the same could be said about a coach like Cleary who also hasn't really 'proved' anything if that's the only measurement we look at.

I think he has shown enough signs of improvement this year to indicate he has learnt from previous seasons, though I half hoped the club would've waited a bit longer.

A positive I do see is he should have more confidence to 'back' himself and look to not only the rest of this season but the next 2 years. At the start of the season he stated in quite a few press conferences he's only contracted for 2017 and that was his only focus, now things change - he needs to start thinking how he can ensure the same/better results over 2018 and 2019 too, and what is he required to do as of today to ensure that happens.

Crush

Coach
HE IS NOT CAPABLE OF WINNING US A PREMIERSHIP, PLEASE OTHERWISE ADVISE WHY HIS CONTRACT SHOULD BE EXTENDED. I CAN'T STAND THIS INHERENT DESIRE FOR MEDIOCRITY (WHICH IS EVERYTHING SHORT OF PREMIERSHIP ASPIRATIONS).

Straight Shooter
Breathe OV. Its over now. Hes with us for a while longer. Just try and be positive and support him. Support the team. Support the club. Support Doust. They have our best interests at heart after all......
Lols.

MilanDragon

Juniors
Breathe OV. Its over now. Hes with us for a while longer. Just try and be positive and support him. Support the team. Support the club. Support Doust. They have our best interests at heart after all......
Lols.

Careful Crush, he might respond in capitals

Old Timer

Coach
Lols.
Change your avatar to Jock Strap as you love cradling their balls don't you.
Have you ever disagreed with anything the club has done and if so would love to know what?
Why do you contest that criticism of the club and / or coach means we don't support the team?
I have loyally followed the Big Red V for a long lifetime but have never been too frightened to criticise it when I deemed it necessary.
Even through the golden run it copped it's fair share of criticism some warranted some not but all were entitled to their opinion.

Crush

Coach
Change your avatar to Jock Strap as you love cradling their balls don't you.
Have you ever disagreed with anything the club has done and if so would love to know what?
Why do you contest that criticism of the club and / or coach means we don't support the team?
I have loyally followed the Big Red V for a long lifetime but have never been too frightened to criticise it when I deemed it necessary.
Even through the golden run it copped it's fair share of criticism some warranted some not but all were entitled to their opinion.
I really annoy you don't I OT?
You seem to quote my posts even when they are not directed at you.
Maybe you should play the ball now and then and not the man, just a tip

At present there are no better available alternatives.

Team is performing very well at present.

Hope the team continues to perform for the balance of the season

Old Timer

Coach
I really annoy you don't I OT?
You seem to quote my posts even when they are not directed at you.
Maybe you should play the ball now and then and not the man, just a tip
Here's a tip for you.
If you don't want comments to your post then PM the person you wish to talk to otherwise it is all common ground.
There is always a lot of bi play in here so get used to it and don't be so precious.
You are not that important to consider that I am playing the man and not the ball so don't be so conceited.
Re: You annoying me no you don't otherwise I wouldn't bother with you.
I do enjoy the cut and thrust of an argument and am always hopeful that something I say might impart a point of view for someone else to consider rather than just dismiss.

Crush

Coach
Here's a tip for you.
If you don't want comments to your post then PM the person you wish to talk to otherwise it is all common ground.
There is always a lot of bi play in here so get used to it and don't be so precious.
You are not that important to consider that I am playing the man and not the ball so don't be so conceited.
Re: You annoying me no you don't otherwise I wouldn't bother with you.
I do enjoy the cut and thrust of an argument and am always hopeful that something I say might impart a point of view for someone else to consider rather than just dismiss.
OT, keep up the good fight. Stick it to the man! Otherwise this great club may fall to its knees. Its people like you that make a difference.

Latest posts