What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 R24 Fri - Broncos 24-12 Dragons @ Suncorp

Round 24: Broncos v Dragons

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GongPanther

Referee
Sick of you death riding the Dragons all year.
Here's hoping Penrith get smashed just to piss you off.

Have I? Hadn't really noticed being that your club isn't the only one in the NRL. If I've come across as "Death-riding",I humbly apologise.

If they beat the Panthers next week,at Penrith Park,good on em.But I truly don't like their chances.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
It is honestly miffing sometimes when fans from certain clubs hate on the Broncos just because you can't work out why THEY should have a problem with you, but for the Drags it's completely understandable. We've ruined their season enough to get why they hate us.

TheFrog

Coach
Yeah, the dragons aren't done yet. If they are, the broncos aren't far behind because they struggled to put them away then.
The Broncos were Panther-like tonight. Never looked like losing, but didn't set the world on fire.

This Year?

Immortal
If you played someone the commentary from Gus tonight, and asked them to guess the score, they'd say Dragons 20+

The bullshit Gus was dribbling was irritating and sounded more apologist than anything, Just be thankful you're a supporter of a club who won't accept mediocrity like the one I support.

This Year?

Immortal
It is honestly miffing sometimes when fans from certain clubs hate on the Broncos just because you can't work out why THEY should have a problem with you, but for the Drags it's completely understandable. We've ruined their season enough to get why they hate us.

If you don't get why most opposition supporters hate your club you never will.

GongPanther

Referee
The bullshit Gus was dribbling was irritating and sounded more apologist than anything, Just be thankful you're a supporter of a club who won't accept mediocrity like the one I support.
So what is the reason why your team after going so well,has practically gone into freefall? Did they overachieve?

This Year?

Immortal
Gould didn't have a positive word to say about us all night.

All he did was talk about how good your halves were and how well your forwards contained ours.

Be honest. They didn't have to do much to beat us and they are tanking for the finals.

I wouldn't read anything into the Broncos performance tonight.

This Year?

Immortal
So was is the reason why your team after going so well,has practically gone into freefall? Did they overachieve?

Too much back slapping by certain players and staff after the early season form and the mid season disruptions over contracts/ Add to that the attitude being poor after Mary, Widdop, Lafai, Dugan and Packer's contracts got sorted.

Big Pete

Referee
Some concerning signs from Brisbane, despite the past couple of weeks, it looks like they haven't learned their lesson from Round 21 and physically they were losing touch of the contest at various stages. It's always a concern when a team is forcing quality offloads and if the Dragons had have played smarter, who knows?

He didn't have a lot of kind things to say about Brisbane, but I agree with Gus' sentiment. It wasn't a team effort from the Broncos and their win came down to individual efforts more-so than a good team win. At the moment it's beginning to feel like deja vu and I wouldn't be surprised if the Eels and the Cowboys beat them in lieu of the finals.

It's a shame that Cecchin's performance will get buried in the wash up here. Not a lot of calls went the home-teams way and it really isn't anything new from him. Of course the only comment we hear on the night is that there weren't a lot of penalties ergo it's a good game. I've never been a fan of that mind-set...the plaudits should go to the teams for cutting out the rubbish in the ruck, not to the referees.

Tommy Smith

Referee
I'll give the Broncos credit for one thing: they have a great record of winning the matches they should.

When they're solid favourites they just so rarely get upset and I suppose that comes down to Bennett.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Our season was over a while ago. We were never going to go up to Brisbane against this quality Broncos side and win with our injury toll and dog shit form.
Good luck for the rest of 2017 Broncs, i reckon you blokes will give this comp a red-hot crack. Strong pack, pace and skill out wide and coached by the wily old GOAT.

blaza88z

Coach

We just won, who the f**k cares

axl rose

Bench
That sort of ad lib game has the potential to break down the Storm line in the GF. Milf will have to have the game of his life though. Where as you know what the expect from Smith, Cronk, Slater.

Nerd

Bench
Some concerning signs from Brisbane, despite the past couple of weeks, it looks like they haven't learned their lesson from Round 21 and physically they were losing touch of the contest at various stages. It's always a concern when a team is forcing quality offloads and if the Dragons had have played smarter, who knows?

He didn't have a lot of kind things to say about Brisbane, but I agree with Gus' sentiment. It wasn't a team effort from the Broncos and their win came down to individual efforts more-so than a good team win. At the moment it's beginning to feel like deja vu and I wouldn't be surprised if the Eels and the Cowboys beat them in lieu of the finals.

It's a shame that Cecchin's performance will get buried in the wash up here. Not a lot of calls went the home-teams way and it really isn't anything new from him. Of course the only comment we hear on the night is that there weren't a lot of penalties ergo it's a good game. I've never been a fan of that mind-set...the plaudits should go to the teams for cutting out the rubbish in the ruck, not to the referees.
Yes if the Broncos get Cecchin in the finals at least they know not to expect to many penalties to go their way.

GongPanther

Referee
Too much back slapping by certain players and staff after the early season form and the mid season disruptions over contracts/ Add to that the attitude being poor after Mary, Widdop, Lafai, Dugan and Packer's contracts got sorted.

I'm sure they'll sort out everything in the offseason. Short of a miracle,IF the Dragons can beat the Panthers next week,and the Dogs the week after,AND have results go their way,they will live again.

Latest posts