What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Hindmarshisgod2

Juniors
I don’t think pea-heartedness is the problem with our squad. They are just not suited to the modern game. Our forwards lack mobility. All our defensive issues stem from there and I really don’t think our attack is a problem.

Holbrook and Maguire would get similar results to Arthur, I’m sure. I don’t get the love for Cheika. It would be like the Tigers hiring Alan Jones, only without all the gay jokes.

While Bennett is obviously a better coach than Arthur’s, I doubt it’s as simple as that. Can we afford him? Can we afford the rest of his demands? Does he even want to be involved in a rebuild? If he’s leaving the Dolphins it must mean he wants to win another premiership. I personally think the window for this squad is closed, including 2025.
This shows how you have no idea.....stick to data analysis or whatever you do....

This squad with also the rise of talagi and acquisition of lomax is getting better and will be In a premiership window definitely in 25, and the forwards aren't regressing from age, but from chasing the collision. They are tired, not shit.

A new coach would have immediate affect on this tired team, providing he teaches them to run in between defenders or around them.....

King-Gutho94

Coach
This shows how you have no idea.....stick to data analysis or whatever you do....

This squad with also the rise of talagi and acquisition of lomax is getting better and will be In a premiership window definitely in 25, and the forwards aren't regressing from age, but from chasing the collision. They are tired, not shit.

A new coach would have immediate affect on this tired team, providing he teaches them to run in between defenders or around them.....
We have 2 quality halves you could say probably next year only behind Melbourne as the best halves pairing in the game especially when Luai leaves Penrith.

Especially when you consider ours have been playing together for 6 years now.

We should be at the peak performance as a combination and still in the premiership window with those two.

Drown and Moses when fit or available we have been a top 4 side.

2019 - We missed the top 4 by 1 game - Drown missed 11 games with a back issue.
2020 - We made the top 4 despite Moses & Drown both missing 3 games in a 20 game shortened season.
2021 - We missed the top 4 by 1 game - Moses missed 4 games post origin when our slump started & Drown was suspended for 4 games that year as well so that was 2 thirds of the season we didn't have our halves combo.
2022 - Both basically played a full season and we made the GF - Moses missed 2 games that was all.
2023 - Missed the finals by 1 game - Moses missed 5 games & Drown 7 games.
2024 - Moses has already missed 7 games potentially more.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Apparently the Dragons are going hard for Blaize..

Look who his manager is and you will see he also manages Flanagan..
At least we looked after Blaize by giving him the PO before he played a FG game.

I am sure 16 other clubs would have done some thing & the Dragons will definitely give him a PO for the 3rd or 4th year of his contract whatever they offer him.

Its just good business from the club giving all the power to the players.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
At least we looked after Blaize by giving him the PO before he played a FG game.

I am sure 16 other clubs would have done some thing & the Dragons will definitely give him a PO for the 3rd or 4th year of his contract whatever they offer him.

Its just good business from the club giving all the power to the players.
And if we f**ks off look at all the money we will have saved, no harm no foul!!

JokerEel

Coach

"Currently Moses acts as the agent for NRL head coaches Flanagan (St George Illawarra), Todd Payten (Cowboys), Adam O’Brien (Knights), Anthony Seibold (Manly) and Andrew Webster (Warriors)."

Notice something interesting here all the coaches he managers are never going to win a premiership at the club's they are with..

Glenneel

Bench
As if the shit roster assembled itself. A roster like that is a sign of subpar resourcing. The fact is the roster improved because we started handing out illegal TPAs to lure merkins to the club. Well resourced clubs have legitimate arms length TPA providers that managers trust and don’t need to be funded or guaranteed by the club.
I call bullshit on this.

All clubs are resourced the same under the salary cap and TPAs, as shown by a chart that came out several years ago, shows that majority of clubs have very few TPAs. In fact 2 clubs, Storm and Donkeys, were the only clubs with decent TPAs and with Storm most of those went to Smith and Slater. Those 2 would have still received the highest salary with the club as well. It showed that Roosters had less TPAs than Parramatta I believe.

History has shown that salary as paid under NRL contract is always paid but TPAs not. Therefor any NRL player that changes clubs based on TPAs is a fool and should change agents as well if so advised. I would say that TPAs would keep players at clubs but very rarely entice players to change clubs.

A poor roster usually reflects a poorly run club as in reality all clubs have similar resources.

Tiger5150

Bench
Anthony Seibold had the job at Souths in 2018 and things got murky at the end and Bennett decided souths was the option as Seibold was taking his job in Brisbane and still laughing to this day about it.
In 2018 Bennett agreed to coach Tigers after Cleary was sacked/left but Brisbane wouldnt pay him out and said he had to stay for the year. Tigers signed Maguire and then Brisbane sacked Bennett and he went to Souffs. In a long list of mistakes by the Tigers, not waiting for Bennett is near the top.

Glenneel

Bench
A backline long term 2026+ of

Talagi 400k
Simmonson 300k
Pensini 450k
Lomax 650k
???

That looks dangerous to me and not to expensive. I took a guess on prices. Lots of skill and enough speed. I'd want the other winger to be a meter eater.
Russel to me is a great first choice back up.He isn't a meter eater though and not that explosive.
??? = Ethyn Martin - fast and elusive but not big. We need speed prob $250k so not expensive.
That's a cheap backline with speed and skill.

Others waiting Dick Peninisi, AMS and a smokie Zac Hunter (if boy from Hay) who is fast. Probably none of those over $350k.

King-Gutho94

Coach
In 2018 Bennett agreed to coach Tigers after Cleary was sacked/left but Brisbane wouldnt pay him out and said he had to stay for the year. Tigers signed Maguire and then Brisbane sacked Bennett and he went to Souffs. In a long list of mistakes by the Tigers, not waiting for Bennett is near the top.
Its a shame Bennett didnt go there imagine what he would have done for the likes of Brooks & Nofaluma back in there prime.

parra pete

Referee
??? = Ethyn Martin - fast and elusive but not big. We need speed prob $250k so not expensive.
That's a cheap backline with speed and skill.

Others waiting Dick Peninisi, AMS and a smokie Zac Hunter (if boy from Hay) who is fast. Probably none of those over $350k.
Jordan Hill played his first game in over 12 months last weekend for Wenty v Dirty Reds in Ron Massey Cup..Still has plenty of pace as he showed when he scored his first half try. Pulled up sore, as you would expect. Will be better for the run. I expect 2025 to be his year of opportunity....Hope so..Jordy needs a change in luck. The good thing he has going for him is belief in himself, determination and SPEED.

Latest posts