What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Channel 7 wins TV rights

grouch

First Grade
Sorry if this has been mentioned... but are Seven / 7mate showing every single game?

SBD82

Coach
Does anyone know how the digital rights work? Is there an app that I can watch this on?

Been a long time since I've had to connect an actual aerial. I have the NRL app but I assume the rights are completely separate.

Peter Jostella

Juniors
Does anyone know how the digital rights work? Is there an app that I can watch this on?

Been a long time since I've had to connect an actual aerial. I have the NRL app but I assume the rights are completely separate.

Live online streaming will be avalible on Plus 7

King Ben

Juniors
Channel 7 are holding their annual Upfronts event (where they announce new shows for 2018. It's a big deal with advertisers and media.) on the Friday of the first game. All the advertisers and media they're flying in are invited to attend the game with them after the Upfronts finish. You can't say 7 aren't trying their hardest to make this a big deal.

Stormwarrior82

Juniors
Wonder when we'll see the app.
Streaming could be important, quite a lot of overlapping games

With Nrl taking over digital media in November it could be a good test run for streaming. Having an Nrl app on a device that can stream it straight to a tv (via Chromecast etc) and bypass Telstra/Foxtel paywalls would be great. Maybe to force fans to go to games the streaming only works if the game is played in another state/country? So location dependent.

morningstar

Juniors
First round of games are up on the foxtel EPG. Australia v England is on Channel 7, rest of the round is on 7mate. Lebanon v France looks like it will be on delay (Way to go geniuses). Note my EPG is based on Qld time...

IMG_1100.PNG IMG_1101.PNG IMG_1102.PNG

Emu01

Juniors
Are they only showing Australia games on the main channel 7 station? I hope they show the NZ v Tonga game on 7 it will be one of the highlights of the tournament.

morningstar

Juniors
France v Lebanon is now on the EPG. Delayed telecast is on at 11pm on the Sunday. :rolleyes:

....at least it might encourage the Lebanese community to travel down to Canberra for the game and bump up the crowd.