What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Channel 7 wins TV rights

adamkungl

Immortal
From the original media release

Seven’s agreement for the Rugby League World Cup 2017 delivers all rights in Australia including free-to-air broadcast television and subscription television rights, online and mobile. Seven will broadcast live and free all 28 games, using all their expertise to showcase international Rugby League to Australian households like never before.

Lets see if we can follow this up

Rory

Juniors
France v Lebanon is now on the EPG. Delayed telecast is on at 11pm on the Sunday. :rolleyes:

....at least it might encourage the Lebanese community to travel down to Canberra for the game and bump up the crowd.

This is confusing, because mine says Tonga vs Scotland is played from 4:00pm-6:30pm, why does 7mate show one of the most interesting games (well all the games interesting, lets be honest) on at 11 f**king o'clock????? Wouldn't they just play it straight after? At least i get to see Ireland live, cause if i wasn't able to i'd have a right tantrum.

Also, i'm pretty certain 7 will only show Australian Games, this just seems to be the thing bigger channels do, (e.g. four nations 2016 and 2014 on 9)

adamkungl

Immortal
So the 7Live app and website will have streams for the games that aren't live broadcast. It'll do I suppose - pity they couldn't have put them on an alternative channel.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I have not lived in a house that can see FTA for at least 5 years.

So I have to watch SoO Melbourne cup on replay.

Thanks govies.

I am the only one?

The World cup will be missed. I want to watch but due to laws, I cannot.

adamkungl

Immortal
I have not lived in a house that can see FTA for at least 5 years.

So I have to watch SoO Melbourne cup on replay.

Thanks govies.

I am the only one?

The World cup will be missed. I want to watch but due to laws, I cannot.

How are the laws preventing you from watching?
Foxtel box gets all FTA channels.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
My foxtel box is in my fathers nursing home.

I can only watch online. Which is generally ok,

All FTA is not available as Fox cannot broadcast it.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
FTA is not something I cannot use. Thanks to government, I miss many things live.

But I am old and have patience, watch it later.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
So you understand...

The government of Australia decided that people should only see certain things only FTA,

Whilst my kids could not give a Shyte as they care not for these things, Cups, League WC.....

I wonder why the government insists you must have an Ariel...

I am going with Victorians and Victorian football.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
The World Cup will be disaster, as it is on 7......VFL fans, who will make sure it rates very low.

Latest posts