What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Matt Renshaw Appreciation Thread

Eelectrica

Referee
Happy 21st Matt Renshaw.
Guess for him it's the offseason, time to work on some chinks in the armour. Still all in all a good first up tour to India. One of the positives to come out of it.. Stood up where others are still wondering what happened.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
They wont drop Davey on our home pitches, Smarsh should go, he well past his use by date.

The big question for me is what will happen to Oozie ?

Had a huge summer and gets dropped.

Runshaw came back to the pack in the last Test, but they all pretty much failed there. Even the best have off games.

Rather impressed with his development, he was one who I thought would really struggle there but he outperformed most of the others, particularly Mr. Teeny.

Can we clone Smith, 499 runs at 71... FMD!

Red Bear

Referee
Let's be real about Renshaw. At 20, having never played outside Australia, the kid went to the hardest place in the world to play cricket, against a confident and hostile Indian side. They were talking about leaving him out for a Darsh brother. He was shitting through the eye of a needle on the first day of the tour.

Yet he scored 232 mostly tough runs and was our second highest run scorer. Behind only the best batsman in the world.

The kid is very impressive and will be our opener for a very long time
Yeah. I think he hit the wall a bit at the end of the tour but he's 20 (or 21 now), playing tests 7 and 8 in a very short space of time from when he got called up. Gets a bit of a break now. Very impressive cricketer.

8Ball

First Grade
Wtf? If ever there was a player to show a little loyalty to, it was this guy? Good last summer, and showed some promise in Asia, and they dropped him as soon as they could..

mozza91

Coach
Cameron Bancroft rocked up to training and the selectors were shocked at his small levers. Is already on thin ice apparently.