What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne~NFL~RU~Tits~Eels~Dad~Jailed~Mistrial~Jailed 5yrs~Retrial~Jailed~Appeal

Jarryd can also return to complete the half-finished car wash on (insert former director's name here)'s BMW, for which he is owed $500k at arms-length rates. that should keep his real wage up, and I can't imagine that the cap guy will have any problems with it.

The Colonel

Immortal
Yep, he got 14 tries in 26 games in 2009. In 2014 he got 20 tries in 21 games. I suspect he also got more TA in 2014, but can't find a source to back it up.

2009 he along with the rest of the side played in the Grand Final. We lost but at least we played finals football. I find that more successful than missing out on the eight and pissing off early for the rest of the season.

:wink:

That’s just me though.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
2009 he along with the rest of the side played in the Grand Final. We lost but at least we played finals football. I find that more successful than missing out on the eight and pissing off early for the rest of the season.

That’s just me though.

True 2009 was a more successful year, however interestingly the only difference during the regular season between both years was a draw in 2009.

The Colonel

Immortal
Yep, he got 14 tries in 26 games in 2009. In 2014 he got 20 tries in 21 games. I suspect he also got more TA in 2014, but can't find a source to back it up.

That’s just me though.

RazorRam0n

Juniors
splitting hairs at the end of the day...they were both at the highest level, 2014 more relevant because it is a better indication of wether or not he can get back to his best

Kornstar

Coach
I think you misunderstood me... I don't care enough about finding the quotes, or satisfying your curiosity.. I care about Hayne's return, of course I do, I worry a great deal about him ruining the side. If he does well, that's cool, but I worry he's more downside than upside at this point. But yeah, I could care less if you guys are satisfied with the accuracy of my posts. I'm not ploughing through over a year of posts to find the few posts I vaguely remember just because you want me to.

Then don't mention it (delusional people) at all and just re-state that you aren't happy......the reason i asked why because i don't think i recall anyone mentioning about him being a Dally M level player. OI thought maybe the delusional people you were talking about might have been on FB or reddit.

I mentioned an observation that he has won the Dally M after the last 2 world cups. Other people (including myself) pointed out that he left us after winning the Dally M but him winning one in the future is probably unlikely........

That's like... your opinion man...

Sure is my opinion, you stated yours as fact, i said "i think"........

Kornstar

Coach

That’s just me though.

Dally M has nothing to do with the team though, it is an individual award so it seems ridiculous to trivialise it.

Just a shame that in 2014 he didn't have a Fuifui type or winger like Grothe who were also destroying people during that run.......

hindy111

Post Whore
Of the two, 2009 was his better year, by a mile.

That's why.

Disagree... Far better player in 2014. Perhaps less magic moments but far more controlled ones. Magic moments are hard to reprpduce while controlled brilliance is something you can do consistant basis.

Also 2009 he was good for 14 games. 2014 it was the whole season. And his defense was far superior.

Gronk

Staff member
Hayne's return to the club is going to divide the entire fan base. Those who have misgivings over the success of the "second coming" are not death riders. They are entitled to have an opinion whilst still being loyal to the club, BA and the players.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Haynes form during the second half of 2009 is unrivaled, particularly offensively, in my history of watching footy. Defensively in 2014 he was a far superior player. Both years Dally Ms so who's to argue.
2018? Who knows but fingers crossed.

hindy111

Post Whore
I do not see Hayne as failing. Last year emotionaly would of been odd. Was this girl he impregnated a long term girlfriend or a random? As a good hillsong christian boy if it was a random then it prob played on his mind a lot

hindy111

Post Whore
Hayne was not a superstar at the titans. He also wasnt woefull. Ive said this before even st his worse he would still make our backline and be worth 400k. If he fires he could be worth 1 mill. We kind of are only gambling 100k.