What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne~NFL~RU~Tits~Eels~Dad~Jailed~Mistrial~Jailed 5yrs~Retrial~Jailed~Appeal

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Bullshit.

I can support the team (as I'll always do, and always have) and be concerned about Hayne, Being worried Hayne is gonna ruin team morale is a legitimate concern we should all have.

My "care" matters to me, Your opinion of it means jacksquat.

I do back BA, all the way. Look at my avatar FFS.
I think we need BA to sort Ash out.

RazorRam0n

Juniors
Hayne's return to the club is going to divide the entire fan base. Those who have misgivings over the success of the "second coming" are not death riders. They are entitled to have an opinion whilst still being loyal to the club, BA and the players.

acknowledged but a "campaign" approach to declare it is going beyond an opinion

The Colonel

Immortal
Dally M has nothing to do with the team though, it is an individual award so it seems ridiculous to trivialise it.

Just a shame that in 2014 he didn't have a Fuifui type or winger like Grothe who were also destroying people during that run.......

Just as much of a shame that in the last game of that season when had we won we could have been playing finals again he played just like he wanted to be somewhere else......

We can go back and forwards for days on what is better, what he did etc but all that really matters is what he does, should he sign, on the field in 2018.

2009, 2014 and 2017 mean squat at the end of the day. The only thing that really matters is that he shows us that he wants to play for the club and he performs on the field. That is the only way the division between fans that currently exists regarding his return will disappear.

I am prepared to eat humble pie and couldn’t give a f**k if I have to eat shitloads of the stuff if he comes back and we win a premiership. I will support the decisions the club has made even if I feel concerned about the move.

I am also prepared to watch him play one season with us and then bugger off to New York when he gets a massive contract to play for them.

2018 awaits and I am prepared for an interesting ride whatever road it takes us.

Kornstar

Coach
Just as much of a shame that in the last game of that season when had we won we could have been playing finals again he played just like he wanted to be somewhere else......

We can go back and forwards for days on what is better, what he did etc but all that really matters is what he does, should he sign, on the field in 2018.

2009, 2014 and 2017 mean squat at the end of the day. The only thing that really matters is that he shows us that he wants to play for the club and he performs on the field. That is the only way the division between fans that currently exists regarding his return will disappear.

I am prepared to eat humble pie and couldn’t give a f**k if I have to eat shitloads of the stuff if he comes back and we win a premiership. I will support the decisions the club has made even if I feel concerned about the move.

I am also prepared to watch him play one season with us and then bugger off to New York when he gets a massive contract to play for them.

2018 awaits and I am prepared for an interesting ride whatever road it takes us.

Didn't he get points in round 26? From my memory he was the one who single handedly kept us in the game.

For the record, i am happy either way if he signs. I don't really have an opinion on whether it will be good or bad because i don't know the future like some.

On one hand he has declined and hasn't seemed completely interested since returning but on the other hand i truly believe he always wanted to be an Eel and was possibly forced into his Titans stint.

So i am open to see him play for us again and see if he can make us all believers again.......i also trust BA over everyone on the internet. If he is ok with it, i am too.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Yep, Hayne’s signing has actually made the Eels less of a premiership threat, according to the bookmaker.

Hayne’s return to Sydney has seen the Eels’ premiership odds ease from $12 to $13, their minor premiership chances slide from $11 to $13 while they went from $2.75 to $2.85 to make the finals and from $1.45 to $1.50 to make the top four.

The Roosters remain $5 favourites to win the 2018 NRL premiership, while Parramatta has slid to the fifth line of betting at $13 alongside Manly and Cronulla.

TAB NRL PREMIERSHIP ODDS 2018

$5 Roosters

$6.50 Melbourne

$7 North Queensland

$11 Brisbane, Penrith

$13 Manly, Parramatta, Cronulla

$15+ Others Quoted

LINK

Kornstar

Coach

Headline - "JARRYD Hayne’s decision to walkout on the Gold Coast Titans has had a bizarre impact on NRL markets — and it’s ugly for the Eels."

"Hayne’s return to Sydney has seen the Eels’ premiership odds ease from $12 to $13, their minor premiership chances slide from $11 to $13 while they went from $2.75 to $2.85 to make the finals and from $1.45 to $1.50 to make the top four."

LOL

Bazal

Post Whore
"Hayne’s return to Sydney has seen the Eels’ premiership odds ease from $12 to $13, their minor premiership chances slide from $11 to $13 while they went from $2.75 to $2.85 to make the finals and from $1.45 to $1.50 to make the top four."

LOL

Thirteen bucks? Free money!

We're a shoo in with the Plane back!

84 Baby

Referee
Jarryd can also return to complete the half-finished car wash on (insert former director's name here)'s BMW, for which he is owed $500k at arms-length rates. that should keep his real wage up, and I can't imagine that the cap guy will have any problems with it.
I like the way you think Barry O'Seward

Last edited:

phantom eel

First Grade
Wow, Titans making sure they get out of two unnecessary monthly payments before Hayne refuses to turn up for their training in the new year.

Like Colonel, I think Hayne already wanted to be elsewhere in the final two games of 2014, when he could have easily produced to his potential and kept us in finals footy.

If we announce his signing, on reduced money closer to his now reduced value, hopefully he really wants to be here this time and will produce in a team environment.

If we release players as a result of Hayne's apparently imminent signing, I think it's a bad move and will harm our chances in 2018. Like Colonel, I'm happy to eat humble pie if proven wrong.

On form I think we should only sign him for one year, with a one year option in our favour. He's clubless and we should be in the driving seat. Use money we might have kept aside for Semi, kiss hopes of a mid-year Semi return goodbye, and play Hayne in his best position on the wing - until he walks out on us for some other dream in 2019.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Wow, Titans making sure they get out of two unnecessary monthly payments before Hayne refuses to turn up for their training in the new year.

Like Colonel, I think Hayne already wanted to be elsewhere in the final two games of 2014, when he could have easily produced to his potential and kept us in finals footy.

If we announce his signing, on reduced money closer to his now reduced value, hopefully he really wants to be here this time and will produce in a team environment.

If we release players as a result of Hayne's apparently imminent signing, I think it's a bad move and will harm our chances in 2018. Like Colonel, I'm happy to eat humble pie if proven wrong.

On form I think we should only sign him for one year, with a one year option in our favour. He's clubless and we should be in the driving seat. Use money we might have kept aside for Semi, kiss hopes of a mid-year Semi return goodbye, and play Hayne in his best position on the wing - until he walks out on us for some other dream in 2019.
Sup?

Gronk

Staff member
Leave the Titans to be closer to your child and get called a mercenary and a quitter.

Stay at the Titans and be called a deadbeat dad.

Poor bloke can win either way.

I hate it when you're right.
fist.gif

Latest posts