What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The off contract thread, 2018

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
These merkins are (as far as I know) off contract at the end of the season. By this I mean, there has been no signing announcement regarding each player's contract status beyond next year. Some weren't announced at all, and might have signed beyond 2018, while others were announced up until the end of 2018 only. But this is what's official:

Afualo
Alvaro
Aukafolau
Auva'a
Brown
Davis
Gower
Hayne
G. Jennings
King
Leleisiuao
Mahoney
Matagi
Niukore
Pritchard
Scott
Smith
Stone
Terepo
Vave
Williams

There's a lot of them, including three top 17 certainties. Expect some re-signings prior to round one, but also expect some signing announcements from rival clubs for 2019.

IFR33K

Coach
These merkins are (as far as I know) off contract at the end of the season. By this I mean, there has been no signing announcement regarding each player's contract status beyond next year. Some weren't announced at all, and might have signed beyond 2018, while others were announced up until the end of 2018 only. But this is what's official:

Afualo
Alvaro
Aukafolau
Auva'a
Brown
Davis
Gower
Hayne
G. Jennings
King
Leleisiuao
Mahoney
Matagi
Niukore
Pritchard
Scott
Smith
Stone
Terepo
Vave
Williams

There's a lot of them, including three top 17 certainties. Expect some re-signings prior to round one, but also expect some signing announcements from rival clubs for 2019.

Some players there that are playing for contracts in 2019, that you think will be re-signed.

hindy111

Post Whore

Afualo
Alvaro
Aukafolau
Auva'a
Brown
Davis
Gower
Hayne
G. Jennings
King
Leleisiuao
Mahoney
Matagi
Niukore
Pritchard
Scott
Smith
Stone
Terepo
Vave
Williams

Aslong as we have Moses,Norman,Gutherson we can keep a strong team. Any of those guys leave and they can be replaced easy enough Id say.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Afualo
Alvaro
Aukafolau
Auva'a
Brown
Davis
Gower
Hayne
G. Jennings
King
Leleisiuao
Mahoney
Matagi
Niukore
Pritchard
Scott
Smith
Stone
Terepo
Vave
Williams
We should be hearing about some re-signings over the coming weeks. So far the only signings for 2019 have been Leilua (Dragons), May (Panthers) and the Roosters have been busy re-signing Friend, Liu and Keary (and unofficially, Crichton). Some teams have been still finalising their 2018 rosters (e.g. Knights, Titans, Manly and Parra), and so plenty of players will be looking to capitalise on these opportunities before committing to 2019 contracts.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The things that are going to happen are certainly a lot more exciting than the stuff that is happening right now.

And I find that exciting.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Probably should update this f**king thing as well. Off contract, or players-with-an-agreement-to-play-rugby-league-for-the-Parramatta-Eels-in-2018-but-no-official-agreement-to-play-for-the-Eels-or-anyone-else-in-2019-or-beyond:

Alvaro
Aukafolau
Auva'a
Davis
Gower
Hayne
G. Jennings
King
Leleisiuao
Mahoney
Matagi
Niukore
Pritchard
Scott
Stone
Terepo
Vave
Williams

This list includes over a third of the 17 named for round one.

84 Baby

Referee
  1. Who knows what the f**k is going on with Afualo
  2. Who the f**k knows what will happen with Hayne
  3. Brown you'd suspect is on a decent upgrade
  4. Smith hopefully is not, and given timing I doubt he is. Nothing against him but he's always going to be nothing more than a really handy utility reserve IMO
  5. Reckon we'll have a clearer picture of Aukafolau, Louganis, Mahoney & Stone by end of year. May require upgrades, may stay development, may be let go, may be thrown money at by Manly
  6. I reckon whether we keep both, one of or neither King/Kaysa won't really have us in a worse cap position than this year, other than if they both go we'll need another hooker but that could mean a better player.
  7. You'd think Scott is looking at at best a downgrade.
  8. Barring unforeseen spectacular seasons, Davis, Gower, Matagi, Penis, Vave & probably T-Rex won't get significant upgrades, if upgrades at all
  9. Likewise Gennings & Niukore would need incredibly fortunate seasons for them (which probably means shit seasons for us) to get more money
  10. That leaves Alvaro & Auvaa as ones who may require upgrading. I suspect both parties will probably wait until mid season to decide.
That's my take anyway. Probably our only play money is Hayne's depending on what he does.