What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

To Marsh or not to Marsh?

jargan83

Coach
Our selectors are geniuss so I wouldn’t put it past them if Handscombe or Khawaja fail in this Test, they’ve got an massive hard on for having the Darsh Bros play in the same side.

TheParraboy

Staff member
brilliant ton by Shaun

poms would be totally bent over if Mitch was in the side as well. I get it now he wasn't selected to make it a more competitive series.

Bring in the Big Show and world domination is at our door step once more....

JJ

Immortal
brilliant ton by Shaun

poms would be totally bent over if Mitch was in the side as well. I get it now he wasn't selected to make it a more competitive series.

Bring in the Big Show and world domination is at our door step once more....

the future, he sees...

This way, it will be...

TIGER14

Bench
Unpopular opinion.
I think Marsh will go well this series.

I've been dead set against his inclusion in the past but his form in Domestic cricket so far this season has been great. Something that can be attributed to spending winter playing County Cricket rather than chasing the $$$ playing T20 around the world.

I'm a good judge.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Just when you thought 1 Marsh was enough.........................................I dont believe it

Matt23

Staff member
Did I miss something, when did Langer replace Hohn as chairman of selectors?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Hohns has always had a hard o for MMarsh, he persevered with him for so long when he couldn't buy a run

Tommy Smith

Referee
f**king lol

The Unflushable Turd returns.

Poor old Glenn Maxwell scores about 300 in an innings and still can't get a gig over the Chosen One. Even Burns...

Seriously wtf.

Bazal

Post Whore
f**king lol

Poor old Glenn Maxwell scores about 300 in an innings and still can't get a gig over the Chosen One. Even Burns...

Seriously wtf.

Or Ferguson. Or Head. Or Daniel Hughes who has suddenly dropped out of contention. Or Nathan fking Brown, he played some cricket once upon a time....

TheParraboy

Staff member
If he plays at least he has some form on the board

You would imagine his last shot at test cricket for a while if he cant get going

Lol.

He’s being brought in because he’s can bowl, but he’s only bowled twice this summer as he’s coming back from injury.

Interesting stat - Mitch Marsh has he worst batting average in test cricket history for a top 6 batsmen whose played over 20 Tests.

I know he’s scored a few shield runs, but come on, given his shield seasons of 1000+ runs each season before he can be recalled.

If he plays at least he has some form on the board

You would imagine his last shot at test cricket for a while if he cant get going

He’s only averaging 45 in 4 Shield matches.

I mean it’s decent, but nothing amazing.

The average is also heavily skewed by 2 good scored, the problem with short term averages.

Eelectrica

Referee
He's barely bowled a ball since coming back. If they want a fifth bowler they may as well pick a fifth bowler.
Guess they're planning another highway at the Waca.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
he's barely bowled and only taken 2 wickets since he started bowling again but all the media has been about his 140k+ pace

I think all the fuss is about the pace and its just assumed that if he can match our other 3 for pace he will automatically just match them in the wickets column as well

I rate him as a decent player in the shorter version of the game but his past indicates he cant make it in test cricket

King hit

Coach
As I said in the 3rd test thread Marsh is just there because Australia always want an all rounder. It's the same reason why Hastings and Henriques got picked in test matches.

King hit

Coach
f**king lol

Seriously wtf.

Maxwell's 278 was against a NSW B team on a tiny North Sydney oval.