What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A Thread III: Enter 'The Normal One'

cb4

First Grade
My favourite part of today was Callum Wilson scoring an offside goal with his arm and convincing the Ref to over turn the linesmans decision.

saint.nick

Coach
My favourite part of today was Callum Wilson scoring an offside goal with his arm and convincing the Ref to over turn the linesmans decision.

Good 5-0 win though, overall we seem to be winning a lot more games that we 'should' be winning. Still don't understand why Mignolet is still playing though.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Stoked to get him when considering it looked like City were going to swoop, but £75 million f**k me...

I guess that’s the market these days

cb4

First Grade
No, its ridiculous money. 35-40 mill is probably what he is worth
He is worth what teams will pay. United and City were both going to bid in the 70's, so Liverpool had to as well.
Makes our push for top 4 a lot stronger now.

cb4

First Grade
Also being a January transfer would up it a bit too.

A new keeper this period would be great too.

Stevie G and some coaches are pushing for Butland, scouts are interested in the Roma keeper. (This is all online source atm)
I was more open for the Kevin Trapp link but he hasn't been playing much.

saint.nick

Coach
Stevie G and some coaches are pushing for Butland, scouts are interested in the Roma keeper. (This is all online source atm)
I was more open for the Kevin Trapp link but he hasn't been playing much.
Graham Kelly has a lot of hope to get Goretzka on a pre-contract agreement. That'd be a big coup considering he's attracting interest from the likes of Barca and City. Our links with him in the papers have been nowhere near as strong as they were with VVD so that would basically be a surprise signing.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
He is worth what teams will pay. United and City were both going to bid in the 70's, so Liverpool had to as well.
Makes our push for top 4 a lot stronger now.

or what teams are forced to pay, you could have bought 2 for that money

you seem to have a lot of confidence in him making you a stronger team, he is only one player, Soton have conceded 30 goals already this year, one man cant defend on his own

saint.nick

Coach

you seem to have a lot of confidence in him making you a stronger team, he is only one player, Soton have conceded 30 goals already this year, one man cant defend on his own
There's no such thing as teams being 'forced to pay'. Clubs set these fees because they know its what clubs are willing to pay. English teams are getting relatively richer and are now comfortable with paying more money.

You make a valid point in the second paragraph, but Liverpool plan to have a unit of better individual defenders than Southampton, and VVD is one of the key pieces of that puzzle - he was never planned to be a magic cure.

cb4

First Grade

Mate, we learnt our lesson from 2014-15.
Instead of replacing Suarez, we brought in 4 players for the price.
We already have a good CB in Matip, so we essentially signed 2 centrebacks for that price.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Matip is dross and I doubt he is anything but squad filler after the summer TW window. A centre half pairing of VVD and Matip would be shocking imo, both get caught out of position way too much, VVD luckily has pace to recover. Matip is the Yaya Toure of centre half, lumbering giant.

It's a lot of money for VVD but it's not my money so who cares. Klopp's wanted him and he wanted us so hopefully that brings the best out of him. His Saints form has been less than inspiring but he's better than what we have at the moment.