What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne~NFL~RU~Tits~Eels~Dad~Jailed~Mistrial~Jailed 5yrs~Retrial~Jailed~Appeal

lingard

Coach
While I'm with Joshua about it being a different generation and managing personalities and the important thing is that you turn up and do your job, I also see another side. He didn't earn the term 'space cadet' from his teammates for no reason. Ideally you'd want someone in his position to be more mature, more intelligent. More dedicated. The halves are leaders by default because they get paid so much. Plenty of people knock Hayne for the same reason and rightly so.

Do you mean that - despite what he brings to the team in terms of his ability in the five-eight position - we should sack him on the grounds that he's not smart enough?

lingard

Coach
bart is also sly enough to deliberately f**k up his spelling and grammar to try and deceive merkins. The quoted post is error free except for two instances of the wrong use of 'there'. Very sus. I've got my eye on that merkin.

Trouble is he knows that we would know he's sly enough to do that, so he probably wouldn't do it - thinking that would put him two steps ahead of us.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Do you mean that - despite what he brings to the team in terms of his ability in the five-eight position - we should sack him on the grounds that he's not smart enough?
Yep. There is clearly a difference between 'footy smarts' and off-field (i.e. normal) intelligence.

Well his dumbness has already led to a couple of bad incidents. Maybe we should sack him after the next one. Or the one after that.

lingard

Coach
We will be hard to beat IF we have a firing Hayne this year.
I just hope Mannah and Alvaro can go to another level. There both going to have to play well above there weight consistently for us to have a chance.

I think Hayne will fire. I'm not expecting a 2009 version or even a 2014 version, but he'll be a very good addition to the team. I reckon, for instance, that he'll be able to do anything Takairangi could do - but better. That'll do me. And I agree that we are closer to giving the premiership a real shake than we have been for many years. I think having Hayne in the team will be enough to inspire players like Mannah and Alvaro to put in that little bit extra. I've been following this team since the mid-sixties and I think this year's side (and coach) stacks up very well compared to many other sides we've had over the years. I'm very excited.

hindy111

Post Whore
Great side.
Sometimes its also about other sides. 2009 we may of won comp if it didnt play against perhaps the best team in the last 20yrs or one of.

Best thing is we are in with a shot to atleast make finals. Sure beats those 2012 yrs where it was all about avoiding the spoon before season begun.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The only team I thought was better than us (on paper) was the Storm. They’ve lost four players from their top 17, including two key 80 minute players.

hindy111

Post Whore
The only team I thought was better than us (on paper) was the Storm. They’ve lost four players from their top 17, including two key 80 minute players.

I like the Cowboys still. I still think Panthers maybe dangerous as will the Raiders who always seem to be one year on and one year off

Call me bias but I can see Moses becoming best half in game. Atleast top 5 this year. I get feeling Alvaro and Tepai will go to another level also.

eels_fan

First Grade
I’ll put it out there that I reckon we’ll score the most points of any team in comp for the season regular. With Moses & Norman having an off season together, Gutho and Bevan firing, and a rejuvenated Hayne - we’ll easily have the most potent back line in the comp, injuries not withstanding

hineyrulz

Post Whore
With two places still to fill in our top 30 I think we have the best depth out of any club in the comp.

I reckon injury free we can go deep this year with few weaknesses we should be pushing for top 4. Middle forwards and dummy half are the only two spots that might be a little thin but with tight competition for spots I think we can cover those well.

The Cows and the Roosters are probably the best chances on paper but f**k papers eyes.

hindy111

Post Whore
Id say we can cover a fee injuries better then most clubs but other clubs at full strength may be stronger. What are the chances come finals a teams at full strength? Usually slim.

strider

Post Whore
Id say we can cover a fee injuries better then most clubs but other clubs at full strength may be stronger. What are the chances come finals a teams at full strength? Usually slim.
Will that give us a power rankings boost?

chiefy1

Juniors
I agree the merkin should be on his last chance.

Can we please ban Paupou Escobar from every eels site.
This guy thinks he is a head guru league professor pushing his know it all agendas, and dismissing everyone else's.

The truth of the matter is, he is overwhelmingly wrong in everything he posts, and has no idea what it takes for a team to be successful.

Who agrees with me ?
I'm sure I'm not the only one.
BAN PAUPOU!

Last edited:
Can we please ban Paupou Escobar from every eels site including
This guy thinks he is a head guru league professor pushing his know it all agendas, and dismissing everyone else's.

The truth of the matter is, he is overwhelmingly wrong in everything he posts, and has no idea what it takes for a team to be successful.

Who agrees with me ?
BAN PAUPOU!

He doesn't dismiss others' agendas....he just argues with them..... a lot.
He actually talks about the footy, and doesn't big note himself by pretending to have top secret info. Just put him on ignore if you have a problem with him

hindy111

Post Whore
Can we please ban Paupou Escobar from every eels site.

Who agrees with me ?
BAN PAUPOU!

I reckon ive become more intelligent and open minded since reading on this forum and that includes Pous posts. It give me different angles even if I still feel like I am right and others are dissmising my posts.
Pou is a smart guy.

Latest posts