What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Gareth67

First Grade
Walmsley reason they let Thompson go.

I doubt it John , I was reading The Sun newspaper ( English one ) only yesterday and he said that he would make a decision as whether or not he will come to the NRL shortly .

He made no mention of which team he may sign with ( should he leave the old dart ) except to say that he has been linked to numerous clubs and that nothing whatsoever has been finalised .

He may very well decide to remain where he is , as he did mention that he had been to 6 clubs in only 8 years . The bloke is a bluudy gypsy ! Should he decide to come down under , what ever club signs him may be better off buying the bloke a wagon with a couple of draught horses .

Gareth67

First Grade
I have just read the Sunday Telegraph's Sports with Dil Rothschild saying that Alex is about to put pen to paper with a N.S.W. club , odd that he did not mention a Sydney club ?

Last edited:

Brutalitops

Juniors
I have just read the Sunday Telegraph's Sports with Dil Rothschild saying that Alex is about to put pen to paper with a N.S.W. club , odd that he did not mention a Sydney club ?
Dragons are often considered a Wollongong based club, given it's where they train.

Brutalitops

Juniors
Yes , that was my point Brutalitops - Newcastle- Canberra or a Wollongong based club ?
Ahh my apologies, I misread what you said.

Yes I reckon he's signed with us from that description, Knights were also interested in him but in recent months all the smoke has been around us.

Gareth67

First Grade
Ahh my apologies, I misread what you said.

Yes I reckon he's signed with us from that description, Knights were also interested in him but in recent months all the smoke has been around us.

Yes it has been the Dragons for a while now , but we never know , one of the money clubs may had ' recalibrated ' their salary cap and discovered that they have spare money to play with - touch wood .

Gareth67

First Grade
For pitys sake ! Does that mob have a printing press from the Royal Australian bluudy Mint ? ? Uncle Nick can loan it to me for the weekend - I will make damn good use of it .

nrlnrl

First Grade
I doubt it John , I was reading The Sun newspaper ( English one ) only yesterday and he said that he would make a decision as whether or not he will come to the NRL shortly .

He made no mention of which team he may sign with ( should he leave the old dart ) except to say that he has been linked to numerous clubs and that nothing whatsoever has been finalised .

He may very well decide to remain where he is , as he did mention that he had been to 6 clubs in only 8 years . The bloke is a bluudy gypsy ! Should he decide to come down under , what ever club signs him may be better off buying the bloke a wagon with a couple of draught horses .

He's only played for 2 pro clubs & was having a crack at the rumours "I think I've signed for about nine different clubs in the last six weeks," said Walmsley. "There has been a lot of interest but that's as far as it's gone so far.

Here's the link to Sky Sports article

http://www.skysports.com/rugby-leag...lvary-and-alex-walmsley-tempted-by-nrl-switch

Gareth67

First Grade
He's only played for 2 pro clubs & was having a crack at the rumours "I think I've signed for about nine different clubs in the last six weeks," said Walmsley. "There has been a lot of interest but that's as far as it's gone so far.

Here's the link to Sky Sports article

http://www.skysports.com/rugby-leag...lvary-and-alex-walmsley-tempted-by-nrl-switch

Thank you nrlnrl for correcting me , I am afraid that I did misread the story . But it's good to know that the chap isn't a gypsy after all .

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
All the signs point to Walmsley being the mystery buy- BUT- in Thompson, Saints have just lost an edge second 2nd rower - they wouldn't be replacing like with like. Tommo's replacements are largely untried and the joint would be top heavy with props.

Latest posts