What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Our recent form has absolutely nothing to do with McGregor. Zero.
McGregor is still a mediocre coach at best. The difference is the improvement in the roster.
A fullback with x-factor, a leader in Graham and a world class halfback.
That is the only difference.
I have said many times over, the coach isn't the most important factor in winning its personnel.
A mediocre coach like Mary can win a comp if the team is good enough.
Its frustrating that people are now saying Mary is getting better and he is rising.
NO HE IS NOT. NOTHING HAS CHANGED OTHER THAN THE ROSTER.
I tend to think your wrong CRUSH Mary's use of the bench has most certainly improved, sure my friend he's a poor coach ,but even poor coaches can improve, how much maybe not a lot .and yes I agree the right roster can make a large statement even with MARY driving the bus ...

ouryears

Bench
I have marked Anzac Day as the true litmus test for the coach and for the team's true prospects but so far extremely heartened by some excellent winning performances which have been a long time coming....great recruitment has resulted in what now looks like a fair dinkum team but my jury is still out on McGregor (but he is definately rising atm)
If rorters keep losing, that is no longer the litmus test.

Brutalitops

Juniors
Giving Mary ZERO credit for our results so far is as crazy as giving Mary ALL the credit

The addition of Hunt and Graham has obviously done wonders. But personally I believe Mary has a bit to do with both of theit attitudes. They seem very happy under Mary and I believe he's getting the best out of them right now.

The question is will it be sustained? History suggests no, but even a poor coach can improve and I hope that is what happens. Mary's bench usage was excellent against the Titans, so I hope to see us continue in that direction.

Crush

Coach
Where the hell are the Sack McGregor posters. Cmon Grouch, OV, we need to keep this thing going. Don't stop posting SACK MCGREGOR now just because we win a few games!
Cmom lads, I haven't seen a single post since we lost the charity shield.
SACK MCGREGOR! Imposter!

ozbuck

Juniors
Our recent form has absolutely nothing to do with McGregor. Zero.
McGregor is still a mediocre coach at best. The difference is the improvement in the roster.
A fullback with x-factor, a leader in Graham and a world class halfback.
That is the only difference.
I have said many times over, the coach isn't the most important factor in winning its personnel.
A mediocre coach like Mary can win a comp if the team is good enough.
Its frustrating that people are now saying Mary is getting better and he is rising.
NO HE IS NOT. NOTHING HAS CHANGED OTHER THAN THE ROSTER.

Unbelievable.

When we were losing it was Mary's fault. When we're 4 from 4 it's got nothing to do with Mary.

That's a damned if you do, damned if you don't right there everybody. That's what having a predetermined attitude and manipulating any ounce of evidence that might go against your firmly held beliefs.

Apparently Mary could have been sitting in his ass drinking cafe lattes, reading the paper, and making bets on the horses whilst the boys trained on the paddock and we'd have the exact same results as we've had.

Prejudice at its best ladies and gents.

Crush

Coach
Unbelievable.

When we were losing it was Mary's fault. When we're 4 from 4 it's got nothing to do with Mary.

That's a damned if you do, damned if you don't right there everybody. That's what having a predetermined attitude and manipulating any ounce of evidence that might go against your firmly held beliefs.

Apparently Mary could have been sitting in his ass drinking cafe lattes, reading the paper, and making bets on the horses whilst the boys trained on the paddock and we'd have the exact same results as we've had.

Prejudice at its best ladies and gents.
No you missed my point. When we were losing it had nothing to do with Mary. And now we are winning it still has nothing to do with Mary. You see, the coach doesn't mean a whole lot in NRL. We were losing last year because of McCrone and co. This year we are winning because of Hunt and co. Don't tell me anything has changed in Mary's coaching? Has it?